talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

I haven't really invested into wrestling in many years now,  but I had started watching the dedicated wrestling channel and the documentary series over the years and the vintage matches.   It was a good watch.   I am not sure if wrestling will ever be better than that 90's to early 00's era.   

On 19/08/2023 at 08:51, OrangeKhrush said:

I haven't really invested into wrestling in many years now,  but I had started watching the dedicated wrestling channel and the documentary series over the years and the vintage matches.   It was a good watch.   I am not sure if wrestling will ever be better than that 90's to early 00's era.   

The difficulty they have is that they pretty much did everything in that time period where WWF and WCW were fighting each other for more of the mainstream culture.

Damn, just heard about this. Had no idea he was absent for health reasons. I just thought they didn't know what to do with him right now. Also weird how Luke Harper/Brodie Lee also died suddenly. Had 4 kids as wells. Have to feel for them. RIP.

Edited by 6666

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

CM Punk fired from AEW. Right before All Out in Chicago.

Sounded like it was inevitable after last week.

Would WWE/Endeavour want to risk getting him?

Him and Reigns with a Heyman angle would be pretty special…

47 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Would WWE/Endeavour want to risk getting him?

Him and Reigns with a Heyman angle would be pretty special…

He'll never work for WWE and also WWE would never hire him.

Edited by Spike

4 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

I'm tempted to side with CM Punk on this one. If Shaun Stasiak went off script in 2001 against Steve Austin, he would have been put in his place at the earliest opportunity. Its exactly what has happened here with Jack Perry and CM Punk.

I'm amazed Jack Perry hasn't been fired in all honesty. Not because we've seen very little improvement in four years, but for someone whose very fortunate to be making a wage to go in to business for himself in the biggest show x8 AEW have ever done. I don't get how you could ever trust someone whose worth very little again.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm tempted to side with CM Punk on this one. If Shaun Stasiak went off script in 2001 against Steve Austin, he would have been put in his place at the earliest opportunity. Its exactly what has happened here with Jack Perry and CM Punk.

I'm amazed Jack Perry hasn't been fired in all honesty. Not because we've seen very little improvement in four years, but for someone whose very fortunate to be making a wage to go in to business for himself in the biggest show x8 AEW have ever done. I don't get how you could ever trust someone whose worth very little again.

The problem both times, has been that some dumb prick has called out Punk on national TV, and Punk has escalated it in response. 

As someone said online that I saw. Imagine if say, Zak Ryder when trying to make a name for himself called out the Undertaker on national TV. He'd be punched in the fucking head the second he got backstage. Management would then side with taker. Now I'm not saying that's 100% right, but Perry should be punished severely, and Punk should certainly not be fired for telling him to fuck off then grabbing him when he came at him. 

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The problem both times, has been that some dumb prick has called out Punk on national TV, and Punk has escalated it in response. 

As someone said online that I saw. Imagine if say, Zak Ryder when trying to make a name for himself called out the Undertaker on national TV. He'd be punched in the fucking head the second he got backstage. Management would then side with taker. Now I'm not saying that's 100% right, but Perry should be punished severely, and Punk should certainly not be fired for telling him to fuck off then grabbing him when he came at him. 

I think he was fired because he threatened that little bitch that runs the company.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

What actually happened then?

Also what are you referring to with Stasiak?

Tony Khan saying he felt people's lives were in danger. 🤣

CM Punk has always been a guy that rarely gets on with people so when it's immature, slimy, fratboys like The Young Bucks and their friends, you always knew things weren't going to go well. 

• 2 weeks later...