talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

He's a guy that wrestles most of the time with his hands in his pockets. When he first debuted it was silly funny and got people talking but after three years of it you're beginning to wonder if he's going to start something new.

Is he the guy that would wrestle with his magical dick and do hip thrusts as his finisher?

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Is he the guy that would wrestle with his magical dick and do hip thrusts as his finisher?

Oh that's Joey Ryan. He got identified as a sexual preditor when all the speaking out stuff happened.

The people on Twitter are content on finding him whenever he gets another job and bombarding his employers to get him fired.

On 21/10/2022 at 22:59, The Palace Fan said:

Oh that's Joey Ryan. He got identified as a sexual preditor when all the speaking out stuff happened.

The people on Twitter are content on finding him whenever he gets another job and bombarding his employers to get him fired.

It's funny because Joeys video response absolutely fucking wrecked his accuser. 

She accused him of taking advantage of her drunkenness' at a party (a wedding iirc)
He told his side of the story (they were both drinking, they were both comfortable with everything that was happening) but he fucking had every receipt, and she had messaged him for months after, asking when he'd be in town, asking for threesomes ect. And he blew her off eventually. 

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure he's behaved inappropriately at times, but he doesn't deserve the hate mob he has. Especially over that. I had a friend accused of some vile shit once, and it turned out the girl just regretted fucking him because she had a BF. Regret isn't rape, and people like her and Joeys accuser give real victims a bad name. The idea I could get sloshed, fuck a girl at a wedding and be accused of taking advantage of her is a spooky one.   

My favorite witch hunt was on poor old Trent 7 though

"He was getting a pair of girls who I think were underage to grab him and them drinks from the bar"
So you can't say they were under aged and the fact they were being served at the bar is contrary to that point

I think he might have wanted to fuck them
Speculation 

So I took him home instead 
You're a real life hero. Jumped on the grenade for those poor girls. Get this chick a medal 

On 24/10/2022 at 12:01, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's funny because Joeys video response absolutely fucking wrecked his accuser. 

She accused him of taking advantage of her drunkenness' at a party (a wedding iirc)
He told his side of the story (they were both drinking, they were both comfortable with everything that was happening) but he fucking had every receipt, and she had messaged him for months after, asking when he'd be in town, asking for threesomes ect. And he blew her off eventually. 

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure he's behaved inappropriately at times, but he doesn't deserve the hate mob he has. Especially over that. I had a friend accused of some vile shit once, and it turned out the girl just regretted fucking him because she had a BF. Regret isn't rape, and people like her and Joeys accuser give real victims a bad name. The idea I could get sloshed, fuck a girl at a wedding and be accused of taking advantage of her is a spooky one.   

My favorite witch hunt was on poor old Trent 7 though

"He was getting a pair of girls who I think were underage to grab him and them drinks from the bar"
So you can't say they were under aged and the fact they were being served at the bar is contrary to that point

I think he might have wanted to fuck them
Speculation 

So I took him home instead 
You're a real life hero. Jumped on the grenade for those poor girls. Get this chick a medal 

Wrestling fans on Twitter are literally the worst people. It must be so depressing being that aggressively negative all the time.

I know a lot of women have made accusations against him and im by no means defending anything hes allegedly done. That said my take is if you don't want to watch him because of the things he did 5/10/15 years ago don't buy a ticket and don't watch the show. All the toxic energy that goes in to messaging employers at theme parks or his acting agency to stop him getting any form of work is borderline psychotic. I haven't seen the same energy towards other sex pests, domestic abusers, people who regularly DUI etc.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

From what I've heard he's worse than cody. Aew need their big stars back. Mjf is carrying it. 

Yeah Jeff was worse. Cody was really bad, made himself like the undertaker of the AEW midcard
Beat random indy guys every week to avoid accidentally burrying the roster
Killed the momentum of HEAPS of wrestlers as they entered AEW (Cage, Brodie, Malakai, Andrade)
Didn't turn heel when everyone started hating his BS because 'omg I love da business guys you've gotta love me back"

But JJ just booked himself to be world champ every other week. 

And yes, it's kinda falling apart. When I think of the people I want to see wrestle in AEW I think of

Punk- gone
Bryan- Buried by Jericho
MJF- please don't turn face
The acclaimed - all G
Black - horribly booked, now gone
Andrade- Horribly booked, now gone
Miro - injured
Penta - never has stories, is just a permanent midcarder who gets weird random championship matches every so often
Wardlow- Where is he? Tony has the same problem vince did. Can't book champions for shit
FTR- Where are they? They were HOT a few months ago, putting on all time matches with the briscoes. Then dumped from tv for a month now losing 
Kyle O'Riely- woefully booked and now injured?

40 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Devil-Dick Willie I don't think MJF will turn face. I think the firm will get involved and he'll win the aew championship and stay heel. I'm not worried if he does though. You can see that he has the ability to be a great face.

He's a career heel. Turning him face would be so stupid. 

Just watched the hangman page injury. Never seen a match stopped like that. Seen matches ended early but normally there has been a pin at least.

@Devil-Dick Willie I don't think mjf has to be a career heel. He's a very good heel but he's getting better reactions than most faces and I think a lot of people want him to turn face. 

43 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Just watched the hangman page injury. Never seen a match stopped like that. Seen matches ended early but normally there has been a pin at least.

@Devil-Dick Willie I don't think mjf has to be a career heel. He's a very good heel but he's getting better reactions than most faces and I think a lot of people want him to turn face. 

No one SMART wants him to turn face imo. Wrestling is an entertainment industry and he is an entertaining heel. I'm sure he won't be absolute DOGSHIT as a face, but fuck me it'd be a step down. 

Some of the best to ever do it were career heels, or should have been. Rody Piper, Orton, Mizz. All dogshit faces and brilliant heels. 

7 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Thoughts on Logan’s main event performance? 

He's naturally better at this than most wrestlers. I don't know if he deserves credit or if wrestlers deserve criticism. Maybe both.

His brother as well was good on the mic in the press conference. Rick Ross delivered a good promo as well on AEW.

On 03/11/2022 at 21:27, Devil-Dick Willie said:

A new challenger has entered the world title picture. 

Jeff Jarrett's worst guitar shot: 'I busted him open 2 or 3' times -  Cageside Seats

Possibly the worst egomaniac self booker pre Cody. 

In charge of live events, talent relations, booking advice etc he's exactly what they need.

On TV reminding us of TNA however is the last place he should be.

On 04/11/2022 at 07:40, Devil-Dick Willie said:

But JJ just booked himself to be world champ every other week. 

This is what I was about to bring up when you insulted the great name of Double J.

From 2002-2006 he absolutely should have been the focus of the company. He was a name people had heard of and was guaranteed to stick around. When Kurt Angle joined the company for multiple years he did the right thing and stepped aside.

However being a focus of the company doesn't mean you have to be the Champion all the time. Look at Undertaker on Smackdown from 2002 to 2007 for example. The babyface Jarrett vs SEX feud is up there with WCW 2000 in periods of wrestling history I cannot watch because it was so cringeworthy, they had Monty Brown who looked on fire until Jarrett hosed him down because 'they didn't have heels lined up to fight him' even though Kevin Nash, Billy Gunn, Sean Waltman, Raven etc were either in or about to join the company, Chris Harris gathered steam until he faced Jarrett, they made Rhino look like the ECW monster he was until he fought Jarrett, Raven was Champion for a short while until he dropped the title in a non-televised match to Jarrett.... effectively all this culminated to a scene at Slammiversary 2006 where when Jarrett won the title off Christian people were throwing all sorts of shit in the ring. Not in the cool nWo heat way but in the 'We have Christian, Sting and Joe now so get off my screen' way.

That said I loved TNA from 2005 to 2007 so he always has a place in my heart.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

In charge of live events, talent relations, booking advice etc he's exactly what they need.

On TV reminding us of TNA however is the last place he should be.

You can't have a guitar smashing heel on TV talking about body bags, then have the companies owner tweeting "Jeff is here as a back room business guy welcome aboard buddy"

Yes everyone knows wrestling is fake but fuck me that's grim.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You can't have a guitar smashing heel on TV talking about body bags, then have the companies owner tweeting "Jeff is here as a back room business guy welcome aboard buddy"

Yes everyone knows wrestling is fake but fuck me that's grim.

Yeah just look at the way Tony Khan, Chris Jericho etc handle themselves in media scrums. Its all pathetic.

In the last one Jericho told everybody how 'Max' told him he's nervous about being a face but he told him not to worry and he needs to be one.

Here's MJF, whose pulled off one of the biggest: 'Was it a work?' angles in years and always stays in character to the point Sherri Shepherd was talking about him on her show now getting sandbagged by the man who thinks trademarking a new name is reinventing himself and makes the WCW politicians in the 90's look as friendly as Bryan Danielson.

23 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I refuse to watch those blood money shows but if his first two matches are anything to go by he's a naturally very talented boy and I'd be happy if he stuck at it.

I still don't understand why it's considered "blood money"...

I feel like wrestling fans just heard a term and ran with it.

43 minutes ago, 6666 said:

What does that have to do with money or any of the shows they're doing?

They received huge sums of cash for working with Saudi Arabia during a time the west was trying to veto any involvement with them and demonizing them for their shitty actions? It's pretty simple and I don't disagree that WWE are a bunch of money grubbing shills. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

They received huge sums of cash for working with Saudi Arabia during a time the west was trying to veto any involvement with them and demonizing them for their shitty actions? It's pretty simple and I don't disagree that WWE are a bunch of money grubbing shills. 

That's still not "blood money"...

And of course they're just doing it for the money but can't just use random terms to describe it.

Can't blame them either really. They're getting insane money for putting on a wrestling show. Plenty to criticise Saudi Arabia for but can't say I care about them paying money to put on some wrestling.