talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

48 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

But again, not wrong. 

I don't see the point in going on about it all the time. That's the second time recently that you have compared the two with no one even asking. Some people like aew others like wwe. If you dont like aew dont watch it 

3 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I don't see the point in going on about it all the time. That's the second time recently that you have compared the two with no one even asking. Some people like aew others like wwe. If you dont like aew dont watch it 

I compared the 2 major wrestling companies. Obviously. 
I don't like WWE either. But that was an excellent PPV. AEW aren't gonna pay you for blowing them my guy. If you don't like my opinion ignore it. 

On 09/10/2022 at 07:53, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Extreme rules was a better PPV than AEW has EVER done. 

I didn't think I'd enjoy all the gimmick matches but they did really well.

Sheamus and Gunther should be in the running now for feud of the year. I'd never get bored of watching them two repeatedly smash each other.

Impact had Bound For Glory this weekend. They seem to be heading in to the direction of NWA where they're hiring elder people who don't have ambition/aspirations of moving on to WWE/AEW/NJPW. I enjoy Impact PPV's but it is deflating seeing people like Lucha Bros, Brian Cage, LAX, Ethan Page, W Morrisey etc get popular and then inevitably leave. At least with Eric Young, MCMG, Kazarian, Bully Ray etc there is that safety net.

I wonder if Maria Kanellis openly flirting with Tony Khan about a return to his dead ROH show was the final straw that made Scott D'Amore realise that its just as profitable to keep churning out the older people and there's a safety net with them not moving on too.

Brian Last's comment about AEW never being designed to be succesful ties in with what @Devil-Dick Williesaid a couple of months ago about it being a 'Wrestling Nerds Fantasy'. You'll get a lot of 'dream matches' but you shouldn't expect any substance beyond that.

If this unofficial 'Booker of the Year' title meant anything then Scott D'Amore would win it anyway. If you took D'Amore, Jacobs, Gail Kim, RD Evans etc out of Impact and replaced Tony Khan, QT and the other jobbers the weekly AEW show would improve tenfold.

The wrestling world absolutely needed investment in 2018 outside of WWE. Its just a shame the only person willing to invest was Tony Khan.

On 10/10/2022 at 11:27, The Palace Fan said:

Brian Last's comment about AEW never being designed to be succesful ties in with what @Devil-Dick Williesaid a couple of months ago about it being a 'Wrestling Nerds Fantasy'. You'll get a lot of 'dream matches' but you shouldn't expect any substance beyond that.

If this unofficial 'Booker of the Year' title meant anything then Scott D'Amore would win it anyway. If you took D'Amore, Jacobs, Gail Kim, RD Evans etc out of Impact and replaced Tony Khan, QT and the other jobbers the weekly AEW show would improve tenfold.

The wrestling world absolutely needed investment in 2018 outside of WWE. Its just a shame the only person willing to invest was Tony Khan.

@Devil-Dick Willie

@6666

I promise I did not email Jim Cornette under the alias of 'Andrew'.

• Haha 1

To be honest, I think Tony is now seeing the enormous task at hand when it comes to none stop booking and people wanting different things and how he's not gonna keep everyone happy. He has to seperate himself from trying desperately to be seen as one of the boys, and he has to be the boss and be more cut throat.

Personally I think the acclaimed are one of the best home grown talents in aew. FTR have definitely been used badly but I don't think they should take the tag team titles of the acclaimed because they are to popular. And its not just the gimmick either they have had some great matches. Personally already one of my favourite tag teams I have ever seen. 

16 hours ago, 6666 said:

To be honest, I think Tony is now seeing the enormous task at hand when it comes to none stop booking and people wanting different things and how he's not gonna keep everyone happy. He has to seperate himself from trying desperately to be seen as one of the boys, and he has to be the boss and be more cut throat.

I don't entirely know how much tony has made himself and how much is his dads money. But if he has made a lot of money himself I expect he would already have that attitude 

@The Palace Fan I forgot to mention this for Clash at the Castle last month.

I don't watch much of WWE, but remember really enjoying the NXT Takeover in Cardiff a couple of years back, when Gunther was Walter at the time.

Why oh why did they change his entrance music?

It was great under his previous guise, but now it just sounds like your typical 'I'm going to shit down your neck and rip out your baby's eyes' Eastern European style entrance music like others before him. :(

On 17/10/2022 at 04:54, 6666 said:

Paige/Saraya really can't stop herself from responding to critics.

Well done Tony on bringing in a headache with a neckache.

A pearl necklace.

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Adam Page suffered a concussion on Wednesday.

It's like the company is cursed.

Is it? He wasn't gonna win the title anyway. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

A pearl necklace.

I was trying to make a joke this morning while I was taking blitzkrieg shit before work, and by before work I mean 1 hour late because I’m cool like that. And ‘pearl necklace’ was a leading contender with ‘Sucked Tony Khan soul out of his cut dick’ as number two but I didn’t like either  because I have high standards for throw away shitposts but I am glad you showed up and did the dirty work I didn’t want to.  

• Haha 1

On 14/10/2022 at 06:51, Gunnersaurus said:

Orange Cassidy finally given a championship. Given his huge popularity it probably shouldn't have taken this long 

Also, Cassidy is a ratings drain, not draw. He's the perfect posterboy, along with the bucks for "Our established audience of 800k people love him, but the general population we're trying to draw don't"

52 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Also, Cassidy is a ratings drain, not draw. He's the perfect posterboy, along with the bucks for "Our established audience of 800k people love him, but the general population we're trying to draw don't"

Any evidence of this? Because Tony Kahn has said he's a rating draw. Sure that's not just your opinion?

Edited by Gunnersaurus

22 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Any evidence of this? Because Tony Kahn has said he's a rating draw. Sure that's not just your opinion?

His main event with PAC for the championship did 857k viewers. This is less than the quarter before, 15 minutes with the girls tag which did 879k. Yes, he went on directly after a girls tag team match and still lost numbers. 

Most of the show was a million viewers, or just above. No one is tuning in to see Cassidy. 

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

His main event with PAC for the championship did 857k viewers. This is less than the quarter before, 15 minutes with the girls tag which did 879k. Yes, he went on directly after a girls tag team match and still lost numbers. 

Most of the show was a million viewers, or just above. No one is tuning in to see Cassidy. 

Fair enough 

@Devil-Dick Willie Is it just that match though? Because that could be because of pac not Cassidy.

Because Tony Kahn has said he's a big draw 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wrestlingnews.co/.amp/aew-news/tony-khan-recalls-jim-ross-speaking-up-about-stupid-orange-cassidy-gimmick-in-2020-khan-telling-jr-that-cassidy-is-a-ratings-draw

Edited by Gunnersaurus

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Bro, Pac is ex WWE, was popular in WWE and is so in AEW, and it was a championship match, at the peak of the show. 

He's also pretty boring at times and he cheated the same way in his last 3 matches. Probably the reason why he is turning heel. Like I said Tony Kahn said he's a big draw. One poor viewing doesn't change that 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Is it? He wasn't gonna win the title anyway

Having CM Punk, Kenny Omega, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Adam Page, Bryan Danielson, Christian Cage, Santana, your women's champion amongst others all injured at significant times in the last 12 months suggests to me that Chris Jericho has put some curse on the promotion.

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Let's be fair, nobody in wrestling is a 'raitings draw' and given the way people have consumed content has changed will probably never will be again.

• Haha 1