talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

You think he beats The Rock at WM40? 

I hadnt considered it. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if WWE have created this long drawn out title run just for Roman Reigns to put over somebody that doesn't need to be put over.

It just shows the time for Roman to lose was last WrestleMania.

@The Palace Fan were you able to see where you were sat? I had to watch most of it on the screen. I have thought about spending a bit more money next year and sitting near the front. The only issue is what happens if it rains.

Anyway it was my first wrestling event and I loved it. I do intend to go to some independent shows. There is a south west promotion I'm thinking of going to. Also want to go to rev pro.

I rewatched it on tv. I think the match quality was excellent. Would say it is aews best ppv so far.

On 22/09/2023 at 17:19, Gunnersaurus said:

@The Palace Fan were you able to see where you were sat? I had to watch most of it on the screen. I have thought about spending a bit more money next year and sitting near the front. The only issue is what happens if it rains.

Anyway it was my first wrestling event and I loved it. I do intend to go to some independent shows. There is a south west promotion I'm thinking of going to. Also want to go to rev pro.

I rewatched it on tv. I think the match quality was excellent. Would say it is aews best ppv so far.

I was fine as long as two women sitting dead in the centre weren't watching the show standing on there chair whilst everyone was sitting down.

Its not my cup of tea but the people that went Rev Pro were raving about it.

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I was fine as long as two women sitting dead in the centre weren't watching the show standing on there chair whilst everyone was sitting down.

Its not my cup of tea but the people that went Rev Pro were raving about it.

I think the wrestling is quite good. Be worth it to see osprey but I think he rarely wrestles there. Personally I think he could win the aew championship next year at all in if he signs with aew. Not sure when his contract runs out with njpw but he would only need about 6 months of build up I think.

@Devil-Dick Willie have you ever been to any independent shows? I figured it would be good live even if the standard of wrestling isn't great.  Although I have heard rev pro is good but I'm not sure what standard a regional promotion would be like 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah, I think Will Ospreay is the beat candidate to win the title from MJF at the minute, which is a little odd as he's not signed with AEW.

I don't think mjf keeps the title till next August. I think it would have been good to have osprey beat a heel cm punk. But unless they get him back that obviously won't happen. I know we've seen it before but I think osprey v omega would be an amazing main event at all in next year. 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

4 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think the wrestling is quite good. Be worth it to see osprey but I think he rarely wrestles there. Personally I think he could win the aew championship next year at all in if he signs with aew. Not sure when his contract runs out with njpw but he would only need about 6 months of build up I think.

@Devil-Dick Willie have you ever been to any independent shows? I figured it would be good live even if the standard of wrestling isn't great.  Although I have heard rev pro is good but I'm not sure what standard a regional promotion would be like 

Yeah, I have been to a couple. Robbie Eagles headlined both, and one had Ospreay in it too. 

20 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I don't think mjf keeps the title till next August. I think it would have been good to have osprey beat a heel cm punk. But unless they get him back that obviously won't happen. I know we've seen it before but I think osprey v omega would be an amazing main event at all in next year. 

I think if Ospreay signs there's no need to build him and he can go straight in the title picture. He's got big wins over Orange Cassidy and Chris Jericho already. 

On 25/09/2023 at 18:51, The Palace Fan said:

I think if Ospreay signs there's no need to build him and he can go straight in the title picture. He's got big wins over Orange Cassidy and Chris Jericho already. 

I think we would need a bit if a build up. I actually think swerve Strickland is showing a lot of potential. Never really thought of him before as a world champion but I think he could be in a year or so. 

55 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think we would need a bit if a build up. I actually think swerve Strickland is showing a lot of potential. Never really thought of him before as a world champion but I think he could be in a year or so. 

Yeah Swerve's been great with Nana. Him, Jay White with Bullet Club Gold or Will Ospreay are all people I'd like to see potentially beat MJF.

On 02/10/2023 at 16:37, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah Swerve's been great with Nana. Him, Jay White with Bullet Club Gold or Will Ospreay are all people I'd like to see potentially beat MJF.

I think Jay White needs a bit longer. If I didn't know who he was he wouldn't stand out to me that much. I have heard  it suggested he perhaps needs to work on his promos to suit American audiences more. I think swerve needs one more rivalry with an uppercarder and then if he does well maybe take the title. I would like osprey to win it at all in personally. And I think it could be an amazing match if he takes on omega. So if swerve were to win at full gear or even later that would give enough time for 3 title changes. Especially as omega has already held it 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

9 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think Jay White needs a bit longer. If I didn't know who he was he wouldn't stand out to me that much. I have heard  it suggested he perhaps needs to work on his promos to suit American audiences more. I think swerve needs one more rivalry with an uppercarder and then if he does well maybe take the title. I would like osprey to win it at all in personally. And I think it could be an amazing match if he takes on omega. So if swerve were to win at full gear or even later that would give enough time for 3 title changes. Especially as omega has already held it 

I didn't get 'it' with Jay White. In Impact he just felt like a midcarder, but I've been really enjoying him, Juice and The Gunns. They've been a real high point on Colission.

17 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I didn't get 'it' with Jay White. In Impact he just felt like a midcarder, but I've been really enjoying him, Juice and The Gunns. They've been a real high point on Colission.

I rarely watch collision. There's one guy I wouldn't mind as champion.  But I think he's divisive and you either would like him as champion or hate it it, is Eddie Kingston.  I don't think anyone doubts his mike skills. However his wrestling skills aren't great. He can still have a great match though as he can get the crowd emotionally invested so well.  Thats something I didn't understand that well until I went to all in. 

As i said it does seem though that people are really all for it or all against it. There doesn't seem to much in between. Personally I'd like to see it. Apart from maybe Bryan Daneilson he is probably my favourite wrestler.

13 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I rarely watch collision. There's one guy I wouldn't mind as champion.  But I think he's divisive and you either would like him as champion or hate it it, is Eddie Kingston.  I don't think anyone doubts his mike skills. However his wrestling skills aren't great. He can still have a great match though as he can get the crowd emotionally invested so well.  Thats something I didn't understand that well until I went to all in. 

As i said it does seem though that people are really all for it or all against it. There doesn't seem to much in between. Personally I'd like to see it. Apart from maybe Bryan Daneilson he is probably my favourite wrestler.

I like Eddie's promos but he's so out of shape and that chop thing he does in the corner looks so bad people need to stop pretending that it hurts.

54 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I like Eddie's promos but he's so out of shape and that chop thing he does in the corner looks so bad people need to stop pretending that it hurts.

Yeah it is an issue. When you are a champion you represent the brand. Which is why I'm not sure if it is likely to happen.  Eddie looks like someone you would see on the independent scene. I don't mind aew keeping elements of that independent scene feel. It's been criticised by some but  it's what it was built on. But you can't really have someone who is really overweight representing your brand even if he is very popular. 

Edited by Gunnersaurus
  • Upvote 1

I just can't get my head around calling Edge Adam copeland xD

I always find it quite interesting how some wrestlers are better at wwe promos when they are more scripted. And some are better with promos that are less scripted. I think the more experienced and better speakers are better when they aren't. Edge is one of them. He does seem better when he does promos that he has planned himself 

On 04/10/2023 at 21:48, The Palace Fan said:

When Jay arrived in NJPW he was okay, looked mid, had some cool moves but struggled to put them together in matches in a way that felt real or smooth. After bonking Okada on the head and growing the beard something just worked. He lost weight/upped his juice and with the sinister beard looked phenomenal, but also his promos and in ring just seemed to suddenly come together. His WK match to Ibushi is one of my favorite matches ever, I couldn't believe how good his work was, both in terms of him portraying the relentless heel in the first 2/3rds of the match, and his desperation and disbelief in the final quarter as things slipped away from him. 

Juice is also perfect for American audiences, and he shouldn't be loosing all the time. 

13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

It's better than what his name was before WWE.

Sexton Hardcastle.

Yeah that is terrible. I remember hearing that wwe owns the copyright to John cena's name. So even though it is his legal name he wouldn't be able to use it if he was in another company.xD

In other news cm punk seems to be going back to wwe. I wonder how long before he gets sacked or walks out xD

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

When is AEW on in the UK?

Hear a lot of good things about it but never watched it.

Dynamite is Friday. Not to sure when they show collision and rampage. Dynamite is the main show, collision is the second show. Rampage is only and hour long. It gets a lot of stick but the match quality is generally good. It's not as polished as wwe but I personally like that about it. Depends what you like 

• Upvote 1