talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

It is quite bizare that such a relatively small action has created such a furore, but that is cricket. The onus is very much on fair play (that's the English for you ) and any sign of cheating is to be brutally punished. I'm surprised at the uproar in Australia mainly, I mean they have had many scandals down the years but this one tops them all. I think it's right to be harsh, Warner in particular seems a poisonous character who infects those around him. I do hope we see Smith return to his best again though, brilliant player.

Tuffers and Vaughan were discussing earlier in the week and how all teams try things within the rules. The game is so slanted towards batsman these days that I wouldn't even mind bowlers using what they can to get the ball moving. 

9 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It is quite bizare that such a relatively small action has created such a furore, but that is cricket. The onus is very much on fair play (that's the English for you ) and any sign of cheating is to be brutally punished. I'm surprised at the uproar in Australia mainly, I mean they have had many scandals down the years but this one tops them all. I think it's right to be harsh, Warner in particular seems a poisonous character who infects those around him. I do hope we see Smith return to his best again though, brilliant player.

Tuffers and Vaughan were discussing earlier in the week and how all teams try things within the rules. The game is so slanted towards batsman these days that I wouldn't even mind bowlers using what they can to get the ball moving. 

You could argue sunscreen and sweat tampers with the ball too. I agree what they've done has brought the whole game into disrepute. A part of me is glad of the outcome (in terms of punishment) but another part of me is thinking is it too harsh? Either way let's hope this deters any future actions. It is rightly a fairly big deal but I think we've gone a bit mad with it. It's just constant. Punishments done. Move on for the good of the game. 

58 minutes ago, Toinho said:

You could argue sunscreen and sweat tampers with the ball too. I agree what they've done has brought the whole game into disrepute. A part of me is glad of the outcome (in terms of punishment) but another part of me is thinking is it too harsh? Either way let's hope this deters any future actions. It is rightly a fairly big deal but I think we've gone a bit mad with it. It's just constant. Punishments done. Move on for the good of the game. 

Marcus Trescothick recently published a book where he said he preferred to suck a specific brand of mints on the field because they seemed to be the most effective at shining up the ball. 

It does seem that stepping outside the lines is pretty common. But actually doing it with sandpaper is just so dumb and a different degree of blatant. 

It is way too harsh imo. Match fixing cheats have been punished less than this. 

Edited by Harry

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

After watching the game since i was 9, yesterday i found out that in Cricket they bowl from both ends

:o  

wtf (as in to you only just finding this out, not having the same revelation).

So why are Ireland playing their first test against us ? England would have been a better match

Anyway i wouldn't mind if we lose to them, would be great for their cricket if they win just like they beat us at the World Cup

Edited by Devon Von Devon

• 2 weeks later...

Ireland v Pakistan: Day one of inaugural Test rained off

_101279600_inpho_01372158.jpg

The first day of Ireland's long-awaited Test debut has been rained off.

The match against Pakistan in Malahide was due to start at 11:00 BST but no play was possible after persistent rain and strong winds for much of the day.

The umpires held a final pitch inspection at 15:00 BST when the decision was taken to call it off.

The weekend weather forecast is for brighter, drier conditions and play is scheduled to resume on Saturday at 11:00 BST.

• 2 weeks later...

Surreal performance from us. Going into this series, no one really gave them a chance but there is great balance to this team. Everyone stepped up when needed, brilliant in the field. Just a marvellous team performance.

Ireland were tougher than England.

England reaching 300+ without a single guy scoring 50 or more shows two flaws from both teams. England have thrown away good starts, some poor shot selection. Pakistan have failed to deliver the ball in the right areas to new batsmen

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Yep its like literally we've changed roles from the first test.

think you guys were so confident in the first test that got you through it.

surprised you batted first in this one!

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

think you guys were so confident in the first test that got you through it.

surprised you batted first in this one!

Its our tradition, after going up we always mess up the series :coffee:

Indeed an odd decision that Sarfraz is still defending.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I'm happy with series overall. 

Looking forward to the ODI's.

yeah a draw overall is decent for Pakistan and there's a lot of positives to take. Should give a lot of confidence to a young and inexperienced team.