talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

That was probabbly the best death over bowling i have ever seen by India.

We needed one of Asif or Malik to bat till the end. Without Faheem there's not enough power after them. Fall 30 short of what they should have got. But it's still probably the best batting performance they've had in this tournament, which tells you a lot about their tournament.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

That was probabbly the best death over bowling i have ever seen by India.

We needed one of Asif or Malik to bat till the end. Without Faheem there's not enough power after them. Fall 30 short of what they should have got. But it's still probably the best batting performance they've had in this tournament, which tells you a lot about their tournament.

Bumrah is becoming seriously good at death bowling. Not as good as Malinga can be but seriously effective.

• Upvote 1

Brilliant from Afghanistan. If they had showed a bit of common sense (it comes with experience) and they could have won any of those three matches. I totally see them winning matches against bigger teams in the World Cup next year. 

On a side note, I can't remember the last time I cheered a hundred against India like I did yesterday for Shahzad.  

On 02/11/2017 at 22:05, IgnisExcubitor said:

Prithvi Shaw remember the name.  17 fucking years old,  got a hundred on his first class debut and has now scored 4 hundreds in first five matches. Was also a highly rated young kid. Seems like another Tendulkar, with similar start. 

Has just scored a century on his Test debut. There has a been a huge buzz around his debut(last seen around Kohli's debut). Tendulkar and Gavaskar's legacy continues with yet another hugely talented kid from Mumbai who is bound to score scary amount of runs. 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Been quality for Leicestershire this season. Happy to see him continue his good form against the Aussies.

Does the sense of local identity is as strong in county cricket in England as in football ? Or people just casually support any team they like? 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Does the sense of local identity is as strong in county cricket in England as in football ? Or people just casually support any team they like? 

I'd say there's a stronger sense of it in county cricket. The longer format of county cricket relies on local support because interest has dwindled thanks to T20 and one-day cricket being a bit more entertaining. There's not much to excite the kids these days when it comes to county championship cricket. Plus scheduling recently has been pretty stupid - I think in the season just gone, they had 4-day county championship matches planned for Friday to Monday on one week - when if you want to try and get younger fans involved or interested, it would have been better to have it Tuesday to Friday because it was during half-term/school holidays so kids wouldn't have been at school and more likely to attend.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's seriously unfortunate xD. Lack of experience and concentration though from the batsmen...

Heard in the commentary that the lad has played 60 tests. 

Think it's more mentality and approach. We had that too. In time we have become more professional. These little things like game awareness (you will find that in batsmen from India, England, Australia, South Africa) is now second nature. It came with time. 

Pakistan, despite all their enormous talent, continue to lack that. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...