talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

I'm more worried about the rain

Yeah just checked forecast. Not looking good. May even be some thunderstorms. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Expect a comfortable win for you today @Stick With Azeem but sometimes you guys can be a bit unpredictable... 

2 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

I'm more worried about the rain

Yep 9_9

Cricket World Cup: Pakistan v Sri Lanka delayed by rain

_107286785_bristol_getty.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48554799

On 06/06/2019 at 19:16, Stick With Azeem said:

Now i'm fairly confident that we can beat Australia 

Still confident after our amazing win? 

I think we can make top 4 - just. But do not expect us to make the final. 

Just now, Toinho said:

Still confident after our amazing win? 

I think we can make top 4 - just. But do not expect us to make the final. 

Yes ! we guys have a terrific record against you guys and England at the World Cup which is an exception for an Asian team. It's not like i was expecting Australia to totally collapse for how competitive you are at the WC but the chink in your armour is now there. 

1 minute ago, Stick With Azeem said:

Yes ! we guys have a terrific record against you guys and England at the World Cup which is an exception for an Asian team. It's not like i was expecting Australia to totally collapse for how competitive you are at the WC but the chink in your armour is now there. 

I don’t think anyone’s expecting us to do anything brilliant really. I still don’t know how I feel having Wanker I mean Warner back... 

Pakistan were unlucky with the rain. They could’ve needed the full points! You guys are so unpredictable though - I suppose it depends if you’re match fixing or not... wink wink 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

I don’t think anyone’s expecting us to do anything brilliant really. I still don’t know how I feel having Wanker I mean Warner back... 

Pakistan were unlucky with the rain. They could’ve needed the full points! You guys are so unpredictable though - I suppose it depends if you’re match fixing or not... wink wink 

Are you making an offer ?

I think it's a bit of a pisstake that at least the England games aren't in free to view TV. I don't follow cricket but I would like to watch the England games 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

India vs Australia today. 

Arguably biggest game of the tournament so far... 

Just saw the score. Gonna watch the women in the World Cup instead. Can’t see us beating India in the cricket. 

48 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think it's a bit of a pisstake that at least the England games aren't in free to view TV. I don't follow cricket but I would like to watch the England games 

Since you’re hosting youd have hoped for some free to air. All ours are on paid tv for this World Cup and I ain’t renewing my sports package for it.

2 hours ago, Toinho said:

Since you’re hosting youd have hoped for some free to air. All ours are on paid tv for this World Cup and I ain’t renewing my sports package for it.

In Israel you mean? Cricket is the third most popular sport in England (team sport at least) so at least some of it should be free to air

Lovely gesture by Virat asking the fans to applaud Smith instead of booing him. 

Good performance by the side. All batsmen in form and bowlers looking good. Bhuvi finally back in rhythm. All looks good for us. 

Edited by IgnisExcubitor

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Stick With Azeem said:

How come a game like Cricket which is so effected by weather was invented in England ?

Because the conditions can make for some unpredictability (obviously when it's not raining).

These days in a standard British summer you can get partly cloudy days, sunny days, overcast days.

Not saying you can't get that in other countries either but it does make for some excitement with more than just 1 weather condition to factor in.