talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

Yeah, saw Danish's interview for an Indian news show  where he praised Inzy. Makes sense. He had a temper, Inzy, but he always came across as a nice guy. I assumed it because Shoaib said captain. 

Anyways, one player who definitely must have discriminated against Danish would be Afridi. Here, he is justifying smashing his television because his daughter watched an aarti (fairly normal Hindu ritual which isn't always used for Gods) on an Indian television series. 

Just earlier this year, I remember Afridi coming on Indian television and not apologising for his misogynistic views about not wanting women to play cricket. 

Kaneria has opened about his spot fixing scandal, he accepts he tempted other players in Essex for fixing but says that the guy who got him into all of this use to come on official tours, so he feels he was trapped while also accepting his mistake. 

I can understand him feeling that justice isn't done when Amir made a comeback while he has been completely shunned. 

Amir got a lenient punishment because he confessed and because of his age both of these factors weren't there in Kaneria, Asif and Salman Butt's case all well established players i mean Asif was arguably the best bowler we've had since Waqar, Wasim, Kaneria was the fourth highest wicket taker in Tests when he got involved in this, Salman Butt was the captain. They spent enough time playing at the highest level, they should have known better. They have no one to blame than themselves if we are being honest.

Australian, South African and English test teams of the decade. As voted my me

Australia 

Warner
Rodgers
Khawaja 
Smith
Clarke (c)
Mike Hussey
Wade (wk)
Cummins
Ryan Harris
Starc
Lyon

12th man. Josh Hazlewood

South Africa

Smith (c)
Elgar
Amla
Kallis
De Villiers
Du Plessis
De Kock (wk)
Philander
Steyn
Rabada
Morkel 

12th man Robin Peterson 

England

Cook (c)
Root
Trott
Peterson
Bell
Stokes
Prior
Swann
Broad
Finn
Anderson

12th man. Strauss 

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Azeem said:

ICC plans to reduce international test cricket to 4 days, after seeing that quite a lot of matches between even equally matched opponents are decided by the fourth day.

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Piece of shit cunts. 

Yeah hope this shit idea fucks off. Doesn't need to change at all. 

Some big players are against it though which is good. 

• Administrator

Always delivers. First innings with the catches. Then the fireworks in the batting to enhance the lead. Now the wickets at the key time. Quality cricketer.

Special mention to Sibley. Have England finally found a decent opening partnership for when Burns returns?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

PMSL listening to a lady on the ITV News reporting Ben Stokes appears to be involved in an altercation during the fourth Test, she said "apparently Ben Stokes was walking off the pitch after getting bowled out for two and had an altercation with an Sth African supporter and said come and say that outside you expletive 4 eyed expletive..." in other words "come outside you **** and say that you 4 eyed ****ard..."  xD 

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Stan said:

Stokes can be a right cunt sometimes. He's a phenomenal cricketer but appears to have a short fuse. 

Stokes and the media will say he was uptight and frustrated about getting out on 2 or he was worrying about his father's ill health or whatever, but apparently he has apologized as per normal, cough, cough :whistling: 

• Administrator

doubt anyone else is watching but great match in the end between NZ & India ODI. 

NZ were cruising with Williamson's 95 and they needed 10 off 7 at one stage. 

Shami gets 2 wickets in the final 3 balls and takes it to a Super Over!

NZ should have won that comfortably. Our fielding has been horrid. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Azeem said:

Has Babar Azam officially replaced Joe Root in the big four ?

Not sure but Shah, who I believe is only 16 (?), grabs a hat-trick on Test debut against Bangladesh. Not a bad way to introduce yourself on to the scene! 

Like a batsman getting a double-ton on Test debut, that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not sure but Shah, who I believe is only 16 (?), grabs a hat-trick on Test debut against Bangladesh. Not a bad way to introduce yourself on to the scene! 

Like a batsman getting a double-ton on Test debut, that.

He is a Pathan who like Africans have features that make them look like older than they actually are but that said i doubt he's 16 probably 18/19

Edited by Azeem

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Azeem said:

He is a Pathan who like Africans have features that make them look like older than they actually are but that said i doubt he's 16 probably 18/19

One of those where the birth certificate cannot be found xD 

• Upvote 1