talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Cricket

football forum

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I’m sick of this Melbourne and Sydney crap weather! Always rains in December or January during cricket. Unbelievable. Play it all in Perth! 

Looking forward to seeing more from debutant Pucovski!

Worse than UK ffs :ph34r:

Pucovski looks good. Using all that nervous energy with some nice shots so far!

48 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Warner with his favorite shot, a windy waft outside off well before he's gotten in or has the bowling conditions down pat. He seriously is a fucking idiot. 

Whenever I see him play, and I’m going back to his early years too, he seemed to either make a big score (relatively quickly) or do exactly what he did this morning. 

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Whenever I see him play, and I’m going back to his early years too, he seemed to either make a big score (relatively quickly) or do exactly what he did this morning. 

25 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Hes a god on a flat brisbane wicket against sri lanka and out of his depth against a moving ball. 

He wouldn't be Warner if he didn't play like a midget with a chip on his shoulder. This is like contemplating the wetness of water

Perth is bad for ratings because of the time delay, Cricket Australia and FOX will always use that against Perth. At least it isn't raining in Brisbane, but the rest of the country doesn't matter when you can play cricket in a shut-down quarantined SYDNEY. Gladys Verysicklian must be so proud of her city's Cricket Ground.

Still think Warner is too aggressive for a test opener. ODI and 20/20 yeah he is great for that but surely he'd be better at 3 or 4? Wouldn't you want a player with is batting style coming in on a warn in pitch and ball?

Jokes aside this new lot of Babar, Shaheen have to clean up and put this rot & politics which started before their time behind them.

Shoaib Akhtar makes innuendos on those involved on his YouTube channel occasionally since they tried to get him out of the team xD

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Still think Warner is too aggressive for a test opener. ODI and 20/20 yeah he is great for that but surely he'd be better at 3 or 4? Wouldn't you want a player with is batting style coming in on a warn in pitch and ball?

Here's the conundrum. He's got a great eye, and hard fast hands. He's a genuine short form gun. 
In tests he flatters to deceive. He averages something like 35 away from home. With only 6 of his 24 centuries coming away from Australia, but barring Rodgers, he's still been Australias best opener this decade. If he learned patience and to let the ball come to him, attacking after the new ball was getting on, he'd genuinely be a modern great imo. (also if he wasn't a filthy cheat) Instead he's only okay

In a perfect world he plays at 6. But Australia have no one better to open with so :what:

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Here's the conundrum. He's got a great eye, and hard fast hands. He's a genuine short form gun. 
In tests he flatters to deceive. He averages something like 35 away from home. With only 6 of his 24 centuries coming away from Australia, but barring Rodgers, he's still been Australias best opener this decade. If he learned patience and to let the ball come to him, attacking after the new ball was getting on, he'd genuinely be a modern great imo. (also if he wasn't a filthy cheat) Instead he's only okay

In a perfect world he plays at 6. But Australia have no one better to open with so :what:

Or Australia should just only play at the Gabba where they smack everyone outta the park.

• Haha 1

Hypocritical of Warne (and Symmonds) saying that Labuschagne needs to 'bat properly', with Warner going out like a s p a s t i c this test and Warne never cracking a century in his career, meanwhile Smith holds his bat like a r e t a r d and is possibly one of the best batsmen ever.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Spike said:

Hypocritical of Warne (and Symmonds) saying that Labuschagne needs to 'bat properly', with Warner going out like a s p a s t i c this test and Warne never cracking a century in his career, meanwhile Smith holds his bat like a r e t a r d and is possibly one of the best batsmen ever.

Their commentary is shite. 

Always looking for something controversial to say, something edgy. They can't just commentate and have to have an opinion. 

I hate Warnes commentary the most tbh. He's the one who has ADD. He's always calling for a change of bowlers, no matter what the situation, just to "keep the game moving"
Hazlewood bowled 4 maidens in a row? "not much going on here boys I'd bring lyon on"
Lyon comes on, bowls around the wicket, cramping up the batsmen "I'd have him bowling over the wicket"
Lyon then takes a wicket bowling around the wicket "Now is the time to start bowling over the wicket"
New ball taken, 6 overs old, Cummins and Starc bowling, Hazlenut and Mitch Marsh the second waiting in the wings "I'd just get a couple overs with lyon in"

I hope he dies.

Also shite, Kerry O'Keeffe. Not funny, complete nonce, in stitches over his own shit jokes

Also also shite,  Waugh. Fucking pillock. Ragging on Pujara, calling him boring and constantly calling for him to "open up a bit" Guess what cunt? That boring batsman owned Australia last series and hopefully pulls a drawn series out of this one too!

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I hate Warnes commentary the most tbh. He's the one who has ADD. He's always calling for a change of bowlers, no matter what the situation, just to "keep the game moving"
Hazlewood bowled 4 maidens in a row? "not much going on here boys I'd bring lyon on"
Lyon comes on, bowls around the wicket, cramping up the batsmen "I'd have him bowling over the wicket"
Lyon then takes a wicket bowling around the wicket "Now is the time to start bowling over the wicket"
New ball taken, 6 overs old, Cummins and Starc bowling, Hazlenut and Mitch Marsh the second waiting in the wings "I'd just get a couple overs with lyon in"

I hope he dies.

Also shite, Kerry O'Keeffe. Not funny, complete nonce, in stitches over his own shit jokes

Also also shite,  Waugh. Fucking pillock. Ragging on Pujara, calling him boring and constantly calling for him to "open up a bit" Guess what cunt? That boring batsman owned Australia last series and hopefully pulls a drawn series out of this one too!

Glad I wasn't the only one who picked up on the Pujara comments. Found it odd considering the essence of test cricket is to be patient, retain your wicket as long as possible as a top order batsman. And its batting like Pujara which is missed these days with how other players are thanks to T20 and that kind of cricket etc. 

Confused me. No doubt if Pujara opened up and started swinging the bat some more, then got out in doing so, he would then 100% say 'ah what's Pujara doing, should stick to what he knows best and defend, move on steadily blah blah' 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I hope he dies.

Warney is an idiot, best spinner of all time but we've always known the bloke has no way with words when he is trying to pull clunge on his 1999 Nokia monochrome screen

btw to all the people talking shit about Smith's captaincy during the sandpaper issue, I guarantee you it when down like this

Smith: Daveo mate, I reckon that is illegal
Warner: yeah nah smudge matey don't fucking worry about it, rightyo cobber?
Smith: okay davey, if you say so.
Warner: Oi Camo mate, I got a job for you...

Smith's personality is that he is good at batting

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

btw to all the people talking shit about Smith's captaincy during the sandpaper issue, I guarantee you it when down like this

Smith: Daveo mate, I reckon that is illegal
Warner: yeah nah smudge matey don't fucking worry about it, rightyo cobber?
Smith: okay davey, if you say so.
Warner: Oi Camo mate, I got a job for you...

Smith's personality is that he is good at batting

I think Smith clearly has some form of autism. However, I think it ran much deeper than that. The statement Smith made before Cricket Australia stepped in and magically changed everything, was that "the whole leadership group" knew. 

Lehman was an enormous cunt, and would do anything to win. He was in on it. As were the bowlers. Anyone who has ever bowled even 4th grade level knows the condition of the ball and how it changes. If someone tossed me a ball for my second over, I'd know if the seem had been thumbed or not, much less if the fucking ball had been sandpapered xD

I think when everyone writes biographies, theres gonna be some varying reports. The big one I'm looking for is Khawajas. The way CA treats him I think he'll be the one with the whole truth. His vengeance cometh. 

9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think Smith clearly has some form of autism. However, I think it ran much deeper than that. The statement Smith made before Cricket Australia stepped in and magically changed everything, was that "the whole leadership group" knew. 

Lehman was an enormous cunt, and would do anything to win. He was in on it. As were the bowlers. Anyone who has ever bowled even 4th grade level knows the condition of the ball and how it changes. If someone tossed me a ball for my second over, I'd know if the seem had been thumbed or not, much less if the fucking ball had been sandpapered xD

I think when everyone writes biographies, theres gonna be some varying reports. The big one I'm looking for is Khawajas. The way CA treats him I think he'll be the one with the whole truth. His vengeance cometh. 

What nation hasn't ball tampered? If you were to ask the layman no one except Australia but it's ridiculous; just get on with it. As if they aren't picking at the seam everytime they spit on their fingers to 'polish' the ball

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

What nation hasn't ball tampered? If you were to ask the layman no one except Australia but it's ridiculous; just get on with it. As if they aren't picking at the seam everytime they spit on their fingers to 'polish' the ball

Picking at the ball with your finger is illegal, but its one of those unwritten "we all do it, so no harm no foul" things.
Not even dirty bastard Afridi @McAzeem ever brought an object onto the field to tamper with the ball. It was unprecedented when it happened, and was an absolute disgrace. 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Picking at the ball with your finger is illegal, but its one of those unwritten "we all do it, so no harm no foul" things.
Not even dirty bastard Afridi @McAzeem ever brought an object onto the field to tamper with the ball. It was unprecedented when it happened, and was an absolute disgrace. 

Saffas were rubbing shite on the ball years before that, don't remember when he was chewing on a lolly and was putting pieces on the ball?