talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-1 Everton - Sunday 15th December, 2019

football forums

• Administrator

The only way this game gets worse for Lindelof is if he gets booked again and then gets injured.

For a defender, a booking and an own goal (to currently lose the game) is quite bad as it goes...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Man Utd 1-1 Everton - Sunday 15th December, 2019
  • Administrator

Agree with Neville choosing Calvert-Lewin as MOTM.

He's a very good striker to have in the way Everton want to play when soaking up pressure but also wanting to counter. He's not greatly physical but does use his body well and he'll run all bloody day, down the middle or down the channels. 

Ferguson says Kean only came off to kill time xD 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

And yes @Teso dos Bichos have to stand by that average comment. United are an average side with a very high ceiling. Two good performances in a row doesn't change that, need more consistency to come back into contention.

We’re bang average. I wrote it a few weeks ago but we’re easily 6-8 position, nothing more, nothing less. We still need better players, a better manager and more consistency. How we put in shifts against Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Citeh whilst looking bang average against relegation fodder is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

We’re bang average. I wrote it a few weeks ago but we’re easily 6-8 position, nothing more, nothing less. We still need better players, a better manager and more consistency. How we put in shifts against Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham and Citeh whilst looking bang average against relegation fodder is beyond me.

It’s not that surprising that his tactics work better against big sides. Sides that try to take the game to United and leave openings at the back are giving you more counter attacking opportunities with your pacy attackers - the way you’re set up, you’ll see your best performances against those sides that aren’t scared to play United and go for 3 points.

Its the sides that are content to get a draw or sit back and play the same way that United don’t really have a good answer to. There’s not enough creativity in the squad to unlock deep and compact defenses.

Also your squad looking motivated against big sides says something about Solksjaer’s man management. Looks like he’s letting the players motivate themselves, tbh - so they’re up for it against in the big matches.

• Subscriber

Big Dunc, stick to your guns if the Evertonian board want you on a permanent basis tell them to fuck off and just see the season out as manager and see how you go, don't fall for the Ole trap, win a load of matches (8 EPL matches if I remember right) on the trot, they offered him the job on a full basis which he accepted and then United nose-dived down the table.

Keep your toffees up this season as our son is a Liverpool man and said "I would love the toffees to go down..." put an egg in his face and all the other pool supporters that want the toffees to go down. :D    

Archived