talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea - Sunday 22nd December, 2019

football forum

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once or twice that half Sissoko demanded the ball, took the initiative and positive things happened for Spurs and we looked vulnerable. In the first half nobody wanted the ball for Spurs and hence their two centre backs looked even worse without any options in front. If Spurs also start pressing our centre backs and push up we’re also going to have some problems.

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

What’s more concerning is that Anthony Taylor initially gave that Challenge by the keeper as a free kick to Spurs xD

This is when you are pleased VAR is knocking about otherwise it would just be added to the ever growing list of really bad refereeing decisions... 

• Administrator

Listened to the first half on way back from Bristol.

The insightful Jermaine Jenas on co-commentary...

'Tottenham need to change it up. Go 3 up top - Kane, Son & Lucas. Let the rest of the team figure it out'.

xDxD 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Why is Son kicking out at Rudiger like that?

He's just not that type of lad, Stan, complete accident, just not that type of lad.

I hope he still has the number of that councillor from the Gomes incident, it's been a hard year for him.

Absolute little rat. Great player but that's the third time in a matter of months.

• Administrator

He has absolutely no complaints at that. Clear kick-out at Rudiger. Totally unnecessary. 

As Neville said. It's totally petulant.

I know it's heat of the moment but with VAR around and so many cameras it's utterly stupid to do stuff like that.

• Administrator

In normal rules that's a penalty on Alli. I don't get why that's not brought back either by the letter of the law?

As for the fans allegdly chanting racist abuse, hope they get banned for life. Absolutely zero tolerance needs to be shown.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea- Sunday 22nd December, 2019
  • The title was changed to Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea (Willian, 45") - Sunday 22nd December, 2019
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Not watching the game but just heard that Gary Neville has said that the players should just walk off the pitch, such is the level of racism in that ground!

Well they have just made another announcement to the crowd about it.. obviously hard for us to tell how bad it is.. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not watching the game but just heard that Gary Neville has said that the players should just walk off the pitch, such is the level of racism in that ground!

No. That's not exactly what he said to be fair.

He asked at what point should players walk off the pitch, in general terms. He spoke about the instances in Bulgaria and what happened with UEFA needing to come down hard on them and why the English FA doesn't come down hard on clubs/fans here.

He didn't say the level of racism is so bad today that players should walk off. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

No. That's not exactly what he said to be fair.

He asked at what point should players walk off the pitch, in general terms. He spoke about the instances in Bulgaria and what happened with UEFA needing to come down hard on them and why the English FA doesn't come down hard on clubs/fans here.

He didn't say the level of racism is so bad today that players should walk off. 

Oh ok fair enough, that's just how it came across. 

On SSN now though it's being reported that the level of racism in the ground is horrific. I promised my missus that I wouldn't watch any football today, so I keep sneaking upstairs for updates on SSN xD that's the perks of having SkyQ and a box in every room

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea - Sunday 22nd December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived