Tottenham - 54 wins
Draws - 40
Chelsea - 70 wins

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, True Blue said:

It looks like it can go only one way

I think that Lampard is just going to have to assume the position and take it up the bum in this one... You would have thought having worked under Mourinho and knowing what it takes to win things that some ( not all ) of his defensive tactics might have rubbed off on him a bit... 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Such negativity from the Chelsea fans 😯

Eh? Liverpool fans (or any fans for that matter) would be the same if they had the same form up against a team that has found good form? 

28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Such negativity from the Chelsea fans 😯

Mourinho will have Spurs sitting back and then hitting us on the break.. we will get suckered in and concede one or two like we always do. On the less negative side I think we will score, just won't score enough... 

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Mourinho will have Spurs sitting back and then hitting us on the break.. we will get suckered in and concede one or two like we always do. On the less negative side I think we will score, just won't score enough... 

They're vulnerable in defence though. Have conceded two goals in most games since he took over.

You definitely have a chance

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

They're vulnerable in defence though.

So were West Ham, Everton & Bournemouth... total goals conceded by us in those games 5 scored 1 and that was against sides that were struggling... I do not expect any sudden changes in our approach which will leave us open at the back let alone adding in playing our old manager who has just started getting Spurs back on track... 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Not the way he’s played so far - hasn’t really changed since poch, still very attacking 

We went to City the other week and had more of the ball than them and that's not gloating at all as we were made to pay for individual mistakes off the ball or on it and that's been the story of our season in these big games really. Our trajectory since Man United away at the start of the season where we were defensively poor as a unit and in transition, to the present day where it's purely individual errors and game management that are costing us, is an interesting one. As I said those problems about transition and defending collectively earlier this season have been addressed, it's individual errors within the style and general game management that's our current Achilles heel. People may put that down to the 'young players' but in recent weeks we've had the likes of Kanté featuring regularly which wasn't the case earlier in the season and generally relatively more experienced starting elevens but the problems are still apparent.

Likely to be Dier and Sissoko in midfield? Every game is different but I'll imagine we'll dominate or have more of the ball if that's the case but I can't see us having a game where our individual mistakes will be eradicated or a game where our game management is of a high level. History this season suggests we'll play with a lot of personality, take the game to you, maybe even score but miss some good chances ultimately to concede a goal from a set-piece and another goal to someone falling over at the back and leaving a big gap for you to exploit but football is football I guess. Let's see..

3 hours ago, Storts said:

Not the way he’s played so far - hasn’t really changed since poch, still very attacking 

Not seen them play with him in charge so far but knowing he has that defensive mentality about him and watching our recent performances it would not surprise me if he ran it along those lines because our game allows us a lot of the ball as @carefreeluke mentioned above but we have been lacking that creativity up front to break through sides and then getting caught out at the back due to a lack of concentration, If Spurs do play more attacking though it should make for a decent open game and although I think we could score I don't trust us enough at the back not to shoot ourselves in the foot somewhere along the line.. 

Don't expect to get a result but if we draw I will consider that a decent result away and if we did manage to get the win then obviously all the better.. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-2 Chelsea - Sunday 22nd December, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived