• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

West Ham 0-2 Liverpool - Wednesday 29th January, 2020

Recommended Posts

Can't believe I missed a match thread. 

My life is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Can't believe I missed a match thread. 

My life is over. 

Time to step down... make way for the younger more focused members

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Time to step down... make way for the younger more focused members

Not you then xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is I thought it was Wednesday and that I was missing the match... and I haven't.

The bad news it's still only fucking Tuesday :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who replaces Mane? I think I'd go with Origi. I know he was poor on Sunday and you expect more from him in a game like that but I definitely think there's something in that he's better/more effective alongside two of the other front three than when he's on alongside two fringe players/youngsters and is expected to take the lead.

Chamberlain on the left is another option but I'm not so keen on that idea.

I don't think he starts Minamino here either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Who replaces Mane? I think I'd go with Origi. I know he was poor on Sunday and you expect more from him in a game like that but I definitely think there's something in that he's better/more effective alongside two of the other front three than when he's on alongside two fringe players/youngsters and is expected to take the lead.

Chamberlain on the left is another option but I'm not so keen on that idea.

I don't think he starts Minamino here either

If he plays minamino I'd be shocked but it would signal to me that Klopp is really committed to his future in the side.

Origi seems the better bet although he sometimes likes Lallana in that role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Harry said:

If he plays minamino I'd be shocked but it would signal to me that Klopp is really committed to his future in the side.

Origi seems the better bet although he sometimes likes Lallana in that role.

Can't remember the last time Lallana played in the front three to be honest. What's the latest on him given he was ill at the weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Klopp to persist with Minamino. He is technically better than Origi and more of a natural fit to our system. Yes, he’s been a bit behind the last couple games but Origi has hardly pulled up any trees when given the minutes either. Origi was frustratingly shit on Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

I want Klopp to persist with Minamino. He is technically better than Origi and more of a natural fit to our system. Yes, he’s been a bit behind the last couple games but Origi has hardly pulled up any trees when given the minutes either. Origi was frustratingly shit on Sunday. 

I think I'd go with Origi personally, because while I think Minamino is technically better and eventually will be a good fit... you can see from his two appearances that weren't against a Merseyside club in blue that he's not really in tune with Klopp's system right now. And tbf, mostly everyone was pretty shit on Sunday

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think I'd go with Origi personally, because while I think Minamino is technically better and eventually will be a good fit... you can see from his two appearances that weren't against a Merseyside club in blue that he's not really in tune with Klopp's system right now. And tbf, mostly everyone was pretty shit on Sunday

I think Origi is more likely. Particularly because Klopp tends not to rush players in and has taken time being in just about every signing he's made except VVD and Alison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minamino hasn't really played out there has he? I don't think it would be the place Klopp wants him either so I'd put Divock on instead of him with a rotation post the first half if things go south. I think Origi has the ability to shine when called upon and he's earned his time to get a chance. Shame Shaqiri isn't going to this one as that would allow us to have a rotational center with Salah and Bobby keeping the wide option free for a midfielder instead of a striker. 

Putting aside our strike issues. Who is playing in defense? Andy, Trent, Virgil and Joe? I hope we don't rush either of the two CBs from the Shrewbury game into this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Origi is best coming off the bench, when defenders are a bit knackered and he can beat them with his physicality. His footballing brain isn’t that great, and he doesn’t really make much of an impact when he starts most the time (Barca and Everton games excludes when he was a man possessed). 
 

I’d persist with Minamino for this game at least. If he’s still struggling to do anything then bring Divock back into the next starting 11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Minamino hasn't really played out there has he? I don't think it would be the place Klopp wants him either so I'd put Divock on instead of him with a rotation post the first half if things go south. I think Origi has the ability to shine when called upon and he's earned his time to get a chance. Shame Shaqiri isn't going to this one as that would allow us to have a rotational center with Salah and Bobby keeping the wide option free for a midfielder instead of a striker. 

Putting aside our strike issues. Who is playing in defense? Andy, Trent, Virgil and Joe? I hope we don't rush either of the two CBs from the Shrewbury game into this one. 

Barring injuries, Lovren shouldn’t be getting in the team over Gomez. There’s always a clanger in him. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’d persist with Minamino for this game at least. If he’s still struggling to do anything then bring Divock back into the next starting 11. 

I know you all know your squad better but I'd play Origi away tonight and Minamino at home against Southampton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Minamino hasn't really played out there has he? I don't think it would be the place Klopp wants him either so I'd put Divock on instead of him with a rotation post the first half if things go south. I think Origi has the ability to shine when called upon and he's earned his time to get a chance. Shame Shaqiri isn't going to this one as that would allow us to have a rotational center with Salah and Bobby keeping the wide option free for a midfielder instead of a striker. 

Putting aside our strike issues. Who is playing in defense? Andy, Trent, Virgil and Joe? I hope we don't rush either of the two CBs from the Shrewbury game into this one. 

No only a short period when he came on at Wolves. He then switched between the right and moving centrally second half. Played where Firmino does in the two cup ties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much as expected for us

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As bad and shaky as Robertson has been lately he has a cross that begs for someone to be on the end of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

As bad and shaky as Robertson has been lately he has a cross that begs for someone to be on the end of it.

Unlucky with the chance he had. Was a superb move that, shame it didn't result in a goal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

West ham are very organised. It's making for a pretty dull game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As defensive as I've seen against us this season from West Ham in that first half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Alisson is so good.

You just feel like he'll save anything at times. And that's only one aspect of why he's so important

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy that.

Incredible what this team is doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's the end of January.

We have 70 points.

Finished on less than that in 17 Premier League seasons :o

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement