talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

41 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Absolute legend and one of my favourite players. Now there was a bloke that could take a free kick. Still can’t forgive Elleray for sending him off in 99 for that second yellow that never was. Cunt.

Could take a penalty as well! 

Am I right that he never missed one?

• Subscriber

I remember Irwin in the Juve match the year of the treble when we beat them 3-2 compliments of Keane, York & Cole, that could have been 4-2 as Irwin had the ball bought it all the way  upfield but fired a shot just wide I think it was, all he did though was just turn around and trotted back to the back line, brilliant footballer that guy. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

45302319_10156829552207855_5451348031691

MARTIAL CROWNED OCTOBER PLAYER OF THE MONTH

In-form forward Anthony Martial has thanked Manchester United fans, after claiming the club's Player of the Month award for October.

The French forward acquired a whopping 76 percent of our vote, ahead of defender Victor Lindelof (16 percent) and his compatriot Paul Pogba (eight percent), after a stellar month in which he helped United to wins over Newcastle and Everton, plus a creditable draw away at Chelsea...

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/anthony-martial-wins-october-player-of-the-month-award

20 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

I remember Irwin in the Juve match the year of the treble when we beat them 3-2 compliments of Keane, York & Cole, that could have been 4-2 as Irwin had the ball bought it all the way  upfield but fired a shot just wide I think it was, all he did though was just turn around and trotted back to the back line, brilliant footballer that guy. 

Think it was off the inside off the post if I remember correctly.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Think it was off the inside off the post if I remember correctly.

I will find the clip yet but you got me going and had to watch some highlights of that match again, I was here in Scotland at the time and watched it on the box when Keane headed in and made it 2-1 Juve the commentator said: "GAME ON!!" I leaped in the air and yelled "YESSSSSSSS"

45219448_10156830574352855_8482214879481

• Administrator

After a pretty lacklustre, underwhelming, underperforming September, Utd are now unbeaten in the league in four, putting in some better performances (not for a whole 90 minutes, mind). Won 2, drawn 2. Don't think, right now, the character of the side can be questioned. If they go a goal behind, they have come back to win (would have done so against Chelsea as well but for a late equaliser). 

Is the tide starting to turn again? Picking up a bit of momentum now...

• Subscriber

I hope the media don't make more out of this than it should be, a routine drug test and nothing else.  :ay:

Manchester United's France midfielder Paul Pogba, 25, missed the squad's flight home from Turin after beating Juventus on Wednesday because he was kept behind at the Allianz Stadium for routine drug testing. (Manchester Evening News)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Edited by CaaC - John

4 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

I hope the media don't make more out of this than it should be, a routine drug test and nothing else.  :ay:

Manchester United's France midfielder Paul Pogba, 25, missed the squad's flight home from Turin after beating Juventus on Wednesday because he was kept behind at the Allianz Stadium for routine drug testing. (Manchester Evening News)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Missed the flight to take a random drug test? That's hardly routine.

Nothing will happen anyway, just like with Rio when he was full of white stuff... It will be swept under the carpet! 

• Subscriber

Don't know if this is a good thing or not, the guy is 33 years old.

Ashley Young: Manchester United in talks to extend right-back's contract

By Simon Stone

BBC Sport

4 hours ago | Man Utd

Manchester United are in talks with right-back Ashley Young about a one-year contract extension.

Young, 33, is one of United's longest-serving players, having joined from Aston Villa for about £17m in 2011.

He has been captaining the side in the continuing absence of Antonio Valencia through injury after Paul Pogba was removed as stand-in skipper by manager Jose Mourinho in September.

Young's existing deal is due to expire at the end of the season.

Negotiations are at an early stage, but he is keen to stay.

Young arrived at United as a wide attacking player but reverted to full-back - first under Louis van Gaal, then Mourinho.

He has made 214 appearances for the Red Devils, winning the Premier League and FA Cup.

Young has 39 England caps and started five games at the 2018 World Cup, including all three knockout matches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46185981