talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 RB Leipzig - Wednesday 19th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 (WernerRB Leipzig - Wednesday 19th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
  • The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 (Werner, 58") RB Leipzig - Wednesday 19th February, 2020 (1st Leg)
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Isn't that always the way against Mourinho in the Champions league?

Usually that's because Mourinho's team were good at last-ditch-defending, but today it's more RB being inept in front of the goal.

But I can't be too harsh on Werner. He (probably) still has PTSD from watching how amazing Haaland is, yesterday. Atleast he converted the penalty.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 RB Leipzig - Wednesday 19th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

Ethan Ampadu looked very comfortable on this stage, forgot he was there. On that showing he will play himself into Chelsea's team.

Overall Leipzig looked very tidy, but they missed a trick not killing this tie. And that is the only positive Spurs can take from that, they are still in it.

And you never know, especially in this competition. Got to be more positive though. Shit or bust time.

That's not the worst case scenario for Spurs... but it's pretty fucking close.

I think right now though at this point in the season, Mourinho's basically under no pressure until the next season starts. He came in to try to help Spurs find stability, but now they're rocked by injury. The CL was probably their last great hope to salvage the season, but it's a big ask for a squad that's had the season they've had.

Not great for Spurs and now it's do or die time for them. Having said that, if these players do want to show Jose that they're worth persisting with... doing when it's do or die time would go a long way in how he views those players imo.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Ethan Ampadu looked very comfortable on this stage, forgot he was there. On that showing he will play himself into Chelsea's team.

Overall Leipzig looked very tidy, but they missed a trick not killing this tie. And that is the only positive Spurs can take from that, they are still in it.

And you never know, especially in this competition. Got to be more positive though. Shit or bust time.

Ampadu actually played quite well this evening, but he has had a couple of shaky performances in the Bundesliga and in previous Champions League matches. But I guess he is young and he is still growing as a player, so he will be inconsistent at times.

As you rightly said, RB Leipzig had the chances to kill this tie. Spurs have nothing to lose in the 2nd leg and they know that they will have to attack from the start. They will seek to get precious away goals, even if they concede in the search of the win that they need. 

It will be interesting to see how RB Leipzig approach the 2nd leg. Because from the start of today's match up to when Leipzig scored in the 58th minute, they dominated Spurs, both in terms of chances and in possession. But after they scored, they decided to defend and attempt to hit Spurs on the break. But all in all, if Leipzig maintain this performance for the 2nd leg and don't capitulate(they have never been as far as a CL quarter finals before), then I think that Leipzig should advance. 

51 minutes ago, Michael said:

and someone said that Spurs would win this match pretty easily.:ph34r:

To be fair to him, he's had worse predictions.

Croatia being poor and in for a terrible World Cup in Russia based on Peru smashing them in a friendly, is still my personal highlight. What a corker that was.

Sorry Brian xD

1 hour ago, Michael said:

and someone said that Spurs would win this match pretty easily.:ph34r:

I was wrong my man. Tie is not over but it's impossible to say now they "had an easy time".

I overestimated Spurs. Thought they were better.

9 minutes ago, Lucas said:

To be fair to him, he's had worse predictions.

Croatia being poor and in for a terrible World Cup in Russia based on Peru smashing them in a friendly, is still my personal highlight. What a corker that was.

Sorry Brian xD

I stand by Croatia weren't that good in Russia, but on the run of play I was very Teso-like admittedly. I predicted Croatia to lose every game in that tournament. That was the real shocker from me :D 

11 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I stand by Croatia weren't that good in Russia, but on the run of play I was very Teso-like admittedly. I predicted Croatia to lose every game in that tournament. That was the real shocker from me :D 

Can't fault your honesty, fair play.

17 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I was wrong my man. Tie is not over but it's impossible to say now they "had an easy time".

I overestimated Spurs. Thought they were better.

How about you underestimating RB Leipzig? They are a very young side that play a very high standard of football. They outplayed a Spurs side that are 5th place in the Premier League and they are just 1 point away from 4th place.

You are right about the tie not being over, but if Leipzig keep up this level of football, then I think they are sure to go through. If it wasn't for Lloris and some bad luck, Leipzig could of scored at least  3 or 4 goals this evening.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived