talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

16 hours ago, 6666 said:

Ramsey is the one that needs to stay. Will be disappointed to see him leave, provides great moments. Don't understand the lack of credit he gets.

He's decent and certainly would rather keep him. He seems like a player who does love the club. There are a lot if players I would rather leave before him

28 minutes ago, Storts said:

Ramsey is a much better player than Wilshere - agree that he's the one Arsenal need to keep.

I think Wiltshire would have been better if not for injuries. Which is ironic considering the leg breaker Ramsey suffered. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I think Wiltshire would have been better if not for injuries. Which is ironic considering the leg breaker Ramsey suffered. 

I've always felt Ramsey's leg break also stunted the maximum he may have been. I expected more from Ramsey although Ramsey has definitely evolved a lot more than Wilshere.

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I've always felt Ramsey's leg break also stunted the maximum he may have been. I expected more from Ramsey although Ramsey has definitely evolved a lot more than Wilshere.

Definitily. I think he could have been as good as he was in 2013-14 consistently had it not been for that

• 2 weeks later...

Guillem Balague said on his podcast that Arsenal are considering Enrique and also Edurado Berizzo. I dont know too much about Berizzo but as per him he did a fantastic job at Celta and is a pupil of Marcelo Bielsa so I assume he must set up the teams to play fantastic football. 

Dennis Bergkamp's Birthday today. One of the most technically brilliant and gifted players of all time. The non-flying Dutchman.

A fave of mine, right up there with Laudrup.

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/2018/05/10/news/on-this-day-may-10-1969-non-flying-dutchman-dennis-bergkamp-is-born-1326032/

Edited by Paulo Dybala
  • Like 1

Good to see the club finally clearing up the rest of the crap. I'd fully expect Primorac to leave with Wenger as well. Only really heard negative thing's about these coaches, especially Peyton who seem to turn every keeper into shite. Only first-team coaches who are looking likely to stay are Lehmann and Bould. Interesting to see If Lehmann becomes GK coach or stick to his all-round coaching role and I assume Bould is being kept on for a bit of continuity. 

On a more negative note, our U23 coaches Steve Gatting and Carl Laraman have been suspended for bullying. Rumours are swirling it led Marcus McGuane to leave for Barcelona in January. If rumours turn out to be true and they are let go, Freddie Ljungberg is being lined up to replace them.

4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Good to see the club finally clearing up the rest of the crap. I'd fully expect Primorac to leave with Wenger as well. Only really heard negative thing's about these coaches, especially Peyton who seem to turn every keeper into shite. Only first-team coaches who are looking likely to stay are Lehmann and Bould. Interesting to see If Lehmann becomes GK coach or stick to his all-round coaching role and I assume Bould is being kept on for a bit of continuity. 

Arsenal seemed very solid when Bould came in at first, because Bould was getting the credit and Wenger wasn't his infulence on the defence was taken away, so they went back to zonal marking.

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Arsenal seemed very solid when Bould came in at first, because Bould was getting the credit and Wenger wasn't his infulence on the defence was taken away, so they went back to zonal marking.

Yeah I've heard/seen that Bould is very well liked figure at the club as well. Think it makes sense to keep him around, it will be interesting to see him work under a new coach.

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

Yeah I've heard/seen that Bould is very well liked figure at the club as well. Think it makes sense to keep him around, it will be interesting to see him work under a new coach.

Yeah I give him 1 more year, a few people have said Wenger took a lot of work from him away as he was changing what Wenger was doing but getting results.  I think the whole team and players that were underperforming will suddenly wake up now.    The club does need a whole new back room staff and different training methods, I know a lot of coaches say it when they get a new player but Klopp couldn't believe how unfit The Ox was when Liverpool signed him. 

16 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Yeah I give him 1 more year, a few people have said Wenger took a lot of work from him away as he was changing what Wenger was doing but getting results.  I think the whole team and players that were underperforming will suddenly wake up now.    The club does need a whole new back room staff and different training methods, I know a lot of coaches say it when they get a new player but Klopp couldn't believe how unfit The Ox was when Liverpool signed him. 

Well apparently Wenger has been running the same training session for the last 15 years... xD

As I thought Boro Primorac looks to be leaving as well. That is pretty much our whole first-team coaching staff gone and it's well over due.

Arsenal fans - would you rather The Emirates or trophies?

Arsene Wenger says he has no regrets about Arsenal's move to the Emirates even if it restricted their chance of winning silverware.

Wenger will take charge for the final time after almost 22 years as Arsenal manager when they travel to Huddersfield on the last day of the Premier League season on Sunday.

One of Wenger's lasting legacies is Arsenal's move from Highbury to the 60,000-seater Emirates Stadium in 2006, after which Arsenal's spending power was restricted to ensure the new ground was paid for.

30 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Arteta makes sense if we don't want to spend hardly any money.

I think it makes sense for the club in general. Firstly Ivan has built a whole new backroom team, he is going to want a coach who is willing to fit into that system, not another Wenger. A big name coach like Allegri or Enrique I'd imagine in our current state would want a lot of leverage in terms of transfers and staff.

Also I think Josh Kroenke is a major figure in the club now and the Kroenke's NFL franchise thrived last season hiring a young and inexperienced coach.

I'm not saying I agree with it and I think maybe a more experienced man may be needed in this situation, but sometimes it's about giving someone a chance.

Edited by Chaaay AFC