talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

football forums

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Trump's decided to hold his first post Covid and George Floyd campaign rally on Jun 19th, the anniversary of the abolition of slavery... in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the site of the 1921 race massacre, described as the single worst episode of racial violence in American history in which 36 African Americans were killed and hundreds seriously injured.

Of the six rallies announced this is the only one that isn't in a swing state.

I am Jack's total lack of surprise.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Harry said:

Trump's decided to hold his first post Covid and George Floyd campaign rally on Jun 19th, the anniversary of the abolition of slavery... in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the site of the 1921 race massacre, described as the single worst episode of racial violence in American history in which 36 African Americans were killed and hundreds seriously injured.

This could go really bad

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I hope there’s very few face masks at this rally

Continuing the Anthony Joshua theme.... Anthony Joshua Stood at a protest and told people not to invest in white business. He told people to only invest in their own communities. What he should have said is ... stop smashing up your own communities. He should have said LOOK AT ME! I stand here as a successful black multi millionaire and therefore proof that I am not oppressed by the system. He should have said the only time I ever ran into trouble was when I engaged in drug dealing, criminality and black gang culture. He then could have explained how the system supported him and gave him another chance. He could have explained how this great nation were proud to give him the opportunity to represent them worldwide at the Olympic Games ... he should have explained how by hard work anybody in this country can make it 🥇 Hope Fury knocks him all over 👊

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I stand here as a successful black multi millionaire and therefore proof that I am not oppressed by the system.

If you think that's evidence that systemic racism doesn't exist... I don't know what to tell you. Also telling people to shop at black owned businesses isn't telling people to not invest in white business. Same with telling people to shop at community stores and restaurants as opposed to national (or international) chains that don't really give a fuck about their communities - that's support of all small business owners, regardless of race.

I think you've taken offense to some pretty innocuous statements from Joshua there tbh.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Continuing the Anthony Joshua theme.... Anthony Joshua Stood at a protest and told people not to invest in white business. He told people to only invest in their own communities. What he should have said is ... stop smashing up your own communities. He should have said LOOK AT ME! I stand here as a successful black multi millionaire and therefore proof that I am not oppressed by the system. He should have said the only time I ever ran into trouble was when I engaged in drug dealing, criminality and black gang culture. He then could have explained how the system supported him and gave him another chance. He could have explained how this great nation were proud to give him the opportunity to represent them worldwide at the Olympic Games ... he should have explained how by hard work anybody in this country can make it 🥇 Hope Fury knocks him all over 👊

Were they his actual words or you just stepping on to the 'all lives matter'-esque hype? Are you sure they were his words?

Maybe check in to what he was reading before coming on here spouting the above shite.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Were they his actual words or you just stepping on to the 'all lives matter'-esque hype? Are you sure they were his words?

Maybe check in to what he was reading before coming on here spouting the above shite.

Might be shite as far as you're concerned Stan but many people (all over the media) that what he said was in bad taste and certainly didn't improve matters.

I'm not going to go deep into this because frankly I find the whole thing an absolute disgrace the way people are acting, pulling down statues, destroying buildings, stealling from small businesses attacking our police officers etc etc etc .. over a man in America that was killed in horrible circumstances but yet was fucked on drugs, was trying to use forged 20 dollar notes at the time of his arrest, had convictions including holding a gun to a pregnant womans stomach whilst robbing her in her own home, drug use, drug dealing, robbery... the list goes on. Then he gets a funeral televised fit for the Royal family. 

I'm sorry but try not continuesly breaking the law and shit like this wouldnt happen to people. I know my opinion is divided (fairly evenly from everything I've read) and I know my opinion won't go down well on here but fuck it. Its how I feel. How is destroying statues, attacking police, stealing from small businesses, burning our national flag etc etc helping anything? There will be a backlash soon enough. Nearly all of my black friends are literally embarrassed about the behaviour of their community.

I hope all these protests/violence/thefts/assaults improve things rapidly because as things stand the nation/world has never been so divided. Things are going to get really messy really soon.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Might be shite as far as you're concerned Stan but many people (all over the media) that what he said was in bad taste and certainly didn't improve matters.

I'm not going to go deep into this because frankly I find the whole thing an absolute disgrace the way people are acting, pulling down statues, destroying buildings, stealling from small businesses attacking our police officers etc etc etc .. over a man in America that was killed in horrible circumstances but yet was fucked on drugs, was trying to use forged 20 dollar notes at the time of his arrest, had convictions including holding a gun to a pregnant womans stomach whilst robbing her in her own home, drug use, drug dealing, robbery... the list goes on. Then he gets a funeral televised fit for the Royal family. 

I'm sorry but try not continuesly breaking the law and shit like this wouldnt happen to people. I know my opinion is divided (fairly evenly from everything I've read) and I know my opinion won't go down well on here but fuck it. Its how I feel. How is destroying statues, attacking police, stealing from small businesses, burning our national flag etc etc helping anything? There will be a backlash soon enough.

I hope all these protests improve things rapidly because as things stand the nation/world has never been so divided. Things are going to get really messy really soon.

You realise that those people doing those heinous things (smashing up, attacking police, burning flags) really are the minority. For all the people that attended the protests over the weekend, you decide to choose those people to talk about. The media have you wrapped round their little finger, clear as day. There were thousands upon thousands of peaceful protests going on, abiding by the rules, protesting in the right way.

It's a shame your viewpoint comes across like that - for someone to commit so many crimes they deserve to have their life taken away by a crazed police officer. Cold-blooded killed in broad daylight. What happened to letting law dish out punishments in the legal way i.e. being tried in court for those crimes? Or does every repeat criminal deserve to have their last breaths taken from them by a policeman's knee?

When you say 'killed in horrible circumstances' in kind of loses its meaning when you almost seem to excuse it for all the things he's done wrong. Makes it look hollow and as if you don't really care because when you list all the things he's done wrong, you've pretty much justified him being killed :what:.

You also didn't answer my question - were they his words?

By all means say how you feel. Literally nothing wrong with that and no-one is saying otherwise. But just be prepared to be questioned or debated on it. Of course the negative actions won't help - but look at the bigger picture as to why it's taken people to protest (peacefully, mainly) in such a huge, vocal way. You even acknowledge the oppression is there because someone like Joshua has become successful despite being part of that oppression. So there's the first issue. Why is that oppression there? What will it take for that feeling of oppression to go away? One of the main problems with this country is that it has become so polarised (and yes I do think Brexit is to blame for that in some way) - too many people now feel like you have to be on one side or the other. Your comments make it sound like you have to be in favour of equality for black people or in favour of not beating up police. Newsflash for you - you really and truly can be both. You are allowed to support the black lives matter movement/protests but also be totally dismayed by those that do attack police who are simply just doing their job and trying to keep the peace. 

Dismissing the whole movement and protests we've seen in the last few days/weeks as 'it happened in America, why are people protesting here?' is just a cop-out and totally skirts round the issue that really does need to be talked about. It's too easy for people to say that and not address an issue here.

This is just the beginning and maybe there will be some backlash. But in what form, who knows. Let's hope it's not violent and let's hope it remains in the majority that people can protest and make themselves heard in the right way. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

You realise that those people doing those heinous things (smashing up, attacking police, burning flags) really are the minority. For all the people that attended the protests over the weekend, you decide to choose those people to talk about. The media have you wrapped round their little finger, clear as day. There were thousands upon thousands of peaceful protests going on, abiding by the rules, protesting in the right way.

It's a shame your viewpoint comes across like that - for someone to commit so many crimes they deserve to have their life taken away by a crazed police officer. Cold-blooded killed in broad daylight. What happened to letting law dish out punishments in the legal way i.e. being tried in court for those crimes? Or does every repeat criminal deserve to have their last breaths taken from them by a policeman's knee?

When you say 'killed in horrible circumstances' in kind of loses its meaning when you almost seem to excuse it for all the things he's done wrong. Makes it look hollow and as if you don't really care because when you list all the things he's done wrong, you've pretty much justified him being killed :what:.

You also didn't answer my question - were they his words?

By all means say how you feel. Literally nothing wrong with that and no-one is saying otherwise. But just be prepared to be questioned or debated on it. Of course the negative actions won't help - but look at the bigger picture as to why it's taken people to protest (peacefully, mainly) in such a huge, vocal way. You even acknowledge the oppression is there because someone like Joshua has become successful despite being part of that oppression. So there's the first issue. Why is that oppression there? What will it take for that feeling of oppression to go away? One of the main problems with this country is that it has become so polarised (and yes I do think Brexit is to blame for that in some way) - too many people now feel like you have to be on one side or the other. Your comments make it sound like you have to be in favour of equality for black people or in favour of not beating up police. Newsflash for you - you really and truly can be both. You are allowed to support the black lives matter movement/protests but also be totally dismayed by those that do attack police who are simply just doing their job and trying to keep the peace. 

Dismissing the whole movement and protests we've seen in the last few days/weeks as 'it happened in America, why are people protesting here?' is just a cop-out and totally skirts round the issue that really does need to be talked about. It's too easy for people to say that and not address an issue here.

This is just the beginning and maybe there will be some backlash. But in what form, who knows. Let's hope it's not violent and let's hope it remains in the majority that people can protest and make themselves heard in the right way. 

Stan, apart from the violence etc etc etc.. they protesting in their hundreds of thousands without any form of social distancing. Come on mate... its an absolute disgrace.

I do support the BLM but for fuck sake... wake up man. Its not the minority rioting, its happening in every major City all over the world!

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm sorry but try not continuesly breaking the law and shit like this wouldnt happen to people. I know my opinion is divided (fairly evenly from everything I've read) and I know my opinion won't go down well on here but fuck it. Its how I feel. How is destroying statues, attacking police, stealing from small businesses, burning our national flag etc etc helping anything? There will be a backlash soon enough. Nearly all of my black friends are literally embarrassed about the behaviour of their community.

I hope all these protests/violence/thefts/assaults improve things rapidly because as things stand the nation/world has never been so divided. Things are going to get really messy really soon.

George Floyd wasn’t on drugs though? And I certainly don’t think he deserved to be slowly choked do death over 20 dollars. That’d be like if I killed you over stealing £15.

I do find the protests in the UK coming close in intensity to the US is a bit weird, considering UK police are so very very different from US police. But I can understand people wanting to show solidarity with the black community of the US.

I don’t have any issue with the statue of that slaver being torn down. Now it’s going to be put in a museum explaining its original context but put on display with banners and signs from the protest - I actually think that’s the best thing to do with the statue. It’ll explain why the statue was there in the first place & explain why the community rejected it in 2020 and be an important lesson to kids in the future.

It’s a far bigger issue in the US, where you’ve got militant cops that don’t like the idea of being told they should be less brutal with the population of civilians so they decided to take it out on protestors protesting the brutality. And where you’ve got the losers of the US Civil War re-writing the history of the war they’ve lost and centuries of overt racial discrimination to undo basically.

I said many pages ago on this thread what I think is appropriate for protesting America’s treatment of black people, because again... I understand people wanting to show solidarity with an oppressed community. But it seems tensions have boiled over and people want to address systemic racism all over the world now

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

George Floyd wasn’t on drugs though? And I certainly don’t think he deserved to be slowly choked do death over 20 dollars. That’d be like if I killed you over stealing £15.

I do find the protests in the UK coming close in intensity to the US is a bit weird, considering UK police are so very very different from US police. But I can understand people wanting to show solidarity with the black community of the US.

I don’t have any issue with the statue of that slaver being torn down. Now it’s going to be put in a museum explaining its original context but put on display with banners and signs from the protest - I actually think that’s the best thing to do with the statue. It’ll explain why the statue was there in the first place & explain why the community rejected it in 2020 and be an important lesson to kids in the future.

It’s a far bigger issue in the US, where you’ve got militant cops that don’t like the idea of being told they should be less brutal with the population of civilians so they decided to take it out on protestors protesting the brutality. And where you’ve got the losers of the US Civil War re-writing the history of the war they’ve lost and centuries of overt racial discrimination to undo basically.

I said many pages ago on this thread what I think is appropriate for protesting America’s treatment of black people, because again... I understand people wanting to show solidarity with an oppressed community. But it seems tensions have boiled over and people want to address systemic racism all over the world now

George Floyd's white friend even spoke out how he was with him and arrested without being choked. It was 100% racially driven.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Stan, apart from the violence etc etc etc.. they protesting in their hundreds of thousands without any form of social distancing. Come on mate... its an absolute disgrace.

I do support the BLM but for fuck sake... wake up man. Its not the minority rioting, its happening in every major City all over the world!

Let's see you mention the same this weekend then when Tommy Robinson and his gang do their protests to protect all the statues around the country.

SOCIAL DISTANCING! 

EZ77ixoXYAIME80.jpg

Hate to be that guy but I didn't see you up in arms about social distancing when it came to everyone being on the beach or celebrating VE day a few weeks ago. Quiet as a mouse back then. 

But suddenly it has now become an issue. 

'Every major city all over the world!'. Sure. Of course. Nice way to exaggerate your point there xD 

There's a difference between the rioting and protesting. No doubt you've got some opportunists wanting to go out and cause all kinds of trouble that aren't part of the movement, or at least have a totally different understanding of what's going on. You'll also have some fucktards wanting to pick a fight with the police just because they haven't had such a chance to before. And I do not condone that at all. It's a shame because that is detracting from the message that majority of (peaceful) protestors want to make. But again, the media will pick up on that minority because that's what gets the story. People protesting and having their voices heard in a civil manner is too boring these days for the media.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He tested positive for meth and some other substance at his post mortem. He also didnt just use 20 dollars, he had thousands of forged notes. That's why he was originally arrested. He was also a drug dealer, dealing to loads of young black people for his own gain, sending their lives on a downwards spiral. He also held a pregnant woman at gunpoint in her own house, pointing it at her stomach. 

I'm sorry, but my sympathy is very limited for a fucking lowlife twat like that. Obviously death was harsh and the officer responsible is being punished accordingly, but did George Floyd deserve a royal funeral? Did he fuck. He isn't a hero, he was a fucking dickhead that deserved locking up for life. 'I CANT BREATH' banners being held up around the world... Well the kids he got hooked on meth and the woman he held at gunpoint probably struggled to breath as well. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Let's see you mention the same this weekend then when Tommy Robinson and his gang do their protests.

Hate to be that guy but I didn't see you up in arms about social distancing when it came to everyone being on the beach or celebrating VE day a few weeks ago. Quiet as a mouse back then. 

But suddenly it has now become an issue. 

'Every major city all over the world!'. Sure. Of course. Nice way to exaggerate your point there xD 

There's a difference between the rioting and protesting. No doubt you've got some opportunists wanting to go out and cause all kinds of trouble that aren't part of the movement, or at least have a totally different understanding of what's going on. You'll also have some fucktards wanting to pick a fight with the police just because they haven't had such a chance to before. And I do not condone that at all. It's a shame because that is detracting from the message that majority of (peaceful) protestors want to make. But again, the media will pick up on that minority because that's what gets the story. People protesting and having their voices heard in a civil manner is too boring these days for the media.

Oh fuck off xDComparing this shite to VE day? OK Stan.

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Oh fuck off xDComparing this shite to VE day? OK Stan.

Well, no. I'm comparing the social distancing point. Not the context of why they are there ffs.

Big crowds gathered then and it was fine, no-one batted an eyelid.

Big crowds gather for a justice and equality? Everyone loses their fucking shit.

Can't have it both ways, sadly.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well, no. I'm comparing the social distancing point. Not the context of why they are there ffs.

Big crowds gathered then and it was fine, no-one batted an eyelid.

Big crowds gather for a justice and equality? Everyone loses their fucking shit.

Can't have it both ways, sadly.

The sizes of the crowds for each event are incomparible Stan. Their are literally hundreds of thousands, possibly millions protesting BLM around the world. VE day had barely any major crowds in this country, certainly not on that scale. Clutching at straws now Stan. Are you actually defending the massive crowds of protesters around the world because of a few street partys held on VE day xD

We are never going to agree here Stan. 

There wasn't social distancing on VE day. @Stan is right. And these protests aren't about one guy they are about social inequality that has been going on for hundreds of years. I live in Bristol and in glad they tore the statue down. Should have done it years ago imo

The sizes of the crowds for each event are incomparible Stan. Their are literally hundreds of thousands, possibly millions protesting BLM around the world. VE day had barely any major crowds in this country, certainly not on that scale. Clutching at straws now Stan. Are you actually defending the massive crowds of protesters around the world because of a few street partys held on VE day xD

Are you serious?? There we loads of parties all over the country of people not socially distancing. Not as many as the protests but there were big crowds

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Are you serious?? There we loads of parties all over the country of people not socially distancing. Not as many as the protests but there were big crowds

THINK ABOUT IT! There are massive protests going on in major City's with millions of people attending... All OVER THE WORLD FOR DAYS ON END!!!

That is not remotely comparible to VE day for fuck sake xD

THINK ABOUT IT! There are massive protests going on in major City's with millions of people attending... All OVER THE WORLD FOR DAYS ON END!!!

That is not remotely comparible to VE day for fuck sake xD

I didn't say it was comparible but it was still bad. Shorly you can admit that. 

Archived