talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

football forum

I think people who reply with all lives matter to black lives matter don't quite get it. It's the same kind of people who say have straight pride 

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Inti Brian I have never known anyone get into so many arguments with people accidentally as you mate.

Good for you, I personally will not tolerate anyone who won't even bother reading every one of my arguments.

1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Good for you, I personally will not tolerate anyone who won't even bother reading every one of my arguments.

Mate you've got to take some responsibilty for it. Teso is gone and you are still getting into arguements all the time. It's a football forum. Not everyone takes it that seriously and makes sure they read everything exactly right. And anyway you do the same you miss half the arguments a lot of the time 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Teso is gone and you are still getting into arguements all the time

Try to find the last one before this one. And the rest of the post is your own opinion.

Goodbye.

Just now, Inti Brian said:

Try to find the last one before this one. And the rest of the post is your own opinion.

Goodbye.

Its everyone's opinion. You take things to seriously 

23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There's also footage of two of them holding George down along with Derek. Their charges might also be upgraded to murder instead of manslaughter. 

All three charged with Aiding and Abetting 2nd degree Murder and Aiding and Abetting 2nd degree manslaughter. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I know I've seen you do it. I can't be bothered to look.

You can't be bothered to look because you know you're spreading absolute shite. Right, I'm not doing this again or this will become the 2nd this week. Find it or I won't reply.

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think people who reply with all lives matter to black lives matter don't quite get it. It's the same kind of people who say have straight pride 

Winner winner 

Anyways good news about Chauvin. I know he's regretful and on suicide watch but he shouldn't have been careless. The whole country is now burning down because of him, Floyd's white friend even spoke out how the police didn't even touch him when he was there. Carelessness and racism beyond the roof there. Police reform must happen as Cicero said.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

All three charged with Aiding and Abetting 2nd degree Murder and Aiding and Abetting 2nd degree manslaughter. 

Is he being charged with 2nd, 3rd, and manslaughter? That's usually how they do things in California, charge for the maximum but also include lesser offenses they could possibly be convicted of. Floyd's family wants 1st degree, but I think proving it was premeditated beyond a reasonable doubt is pretty difficult. No idea if the stories about them knowing each other for almost 2 decades are true though - I've not seen that on any source that's got any degree of credibility though.

Is the difference between the different degrees of murder just the intent? And then manslaughter is more of just negligent rather than intentional homicide? I know fuck all about how all of that works.

But I'm glad they've all been charged. To me, the video just looks like a murder on camera with one man getting help from his coworkers to murder, while another stands there overseeing it. I'm not sure the cop standing there will be convicted of anything though. You could argue he probably should have intervened, but is it illegal that he didn't? I don't know. Feels like he should face some sort of legal repercussions. I suppose it should be for the courts to handle now that he's been charged.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Inti Brian said:

Anyways good news about Chauvin. I know he's regretful and on suicide watch but he shouldn't have been careless. The whole country is now burning down because of him, Floyd's white friend even spoke out how the police didn't even touch him when he was there. Carelessness and racism beyond the roof there. Police reform must happen as Cicero said.

This is something that's been burning up for years. Chauvin's actions were just the catalyst. The match that lit the fire, so to speak.

Just now, Stan said:

This is something that's been burning up for years. Chauvin's actions were just the catalyst. The match that lit the fire, so to speak.

Oh I know. Perhaps I didn't word this correctly, but yeah it's not even the first time these protests have gotten to this point. Obviously talking about Rodney King and Martin Luther King Jr.

The video going viral lit the fire and the fact his white friend wasn't even touched proves to me it was racist.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is he being charged with 2nd, 3rd, and manslaughter? That's usually how they do things in California, charge for the maximum but also include lesser offenses they could possibly be convicted of. Floyd's family wants 1st degree, but I think proving it was premeditated beyond a reasonable doubt is pretty difficult. No idea if the stories about them knowing each other for almost 2 decades are true though - I've not seen that on any source that's got any degree of credibility though.

Is the difference between the different degrees of murder just the intent? And then manslaughter is more of just negligent rather than intentional homicide? I know fuck all about how all of that works.

But I'm glad they've all been charged. To me, the video just looks like a murder on camera with one man getting help from his coworkers to murder, while another stands there overseeing it. I'm not sure the cop standing there will be convicted of anything though. You could argue he probably should have intervened, but is it illegal that he didn't? I don't know. Feels like he should face some sort of legal repercussions. I suppose it should be for the courts to handle now that he's been charged.

I think it will be upgraded to murder. There's footage of two of the cops, along with Derek, all restraining Floyd. 

Seen a pretty fucked up video of some police violence towards a protestor from a few blocks away from me taken yesterday. About 6 cops restraining a guy they've already placed in cuffs using that same knee to the neck technique, which according to the SDPD Chief has been ordered to stop being a technique the cops here use.b

Tbf I don't know what the fuck happened prior to them restraining him. But I will say, other than Sunday night, all of the protests around me have been remarkably peaceful and we've not seen any of the violence and looting of Sunday night (by me at least, I know of two areas in the county where things have remained violent - La Mesa and Santee; and Santee is known as a hotbed of racism in the county so I can't say I'm all that surprised).

1 minute ago, Stan said:

He can't see this post @(Tommy)

I can now that you highlighted, and the hypocrisy makes me laugh that he's crying about being on ignore after telling me for years to use it. 

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Seen a pretty fucked up video of some police violence towards a protestor from a few blocks away from me taken yesterday. About 6 cops restraining a guy they've already placed in cuffs using that same knee to the neck technique, which according to the SDPD Chief has been ordered to stop being a technique the cops here use.

I saw one as well (no idea if it was the same one?)

3 cops have a guy restrained on the floor behind some kind of concrete block/pillar/monument. One cop has his knee on the guy's head for a few seconds then moves it off/towards his back.

Then, and this is what surprised me the most, another cop comes in next to the cop above, and starts hammering knees to the guys midriff/chest. The guy surely must have sustained some broken ribs or damage there. It must have been about 6 or 7 full-power knees in to the guy. And you had another cop holding the guy's leg down.

It saddens and scares me that all some cops have in their mind is the USE THE POWER USE THE FORCE USE ALL YOUR STRENGTH mode. No other kind of level. Just 0 to 100 within seconds and use all force necessary despite the circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I can now that you highlighted, and the hypocrisy makes me laugh that he's crying about being on ignore after telling me for years to use it. 

First of all I wasn't one of the mods who suggested the ignore list AFAIK. And other than that, I'm not crying at all. Couldn't even give a fuck if I tried. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

He's not 'crying' about it. Just probably finds it funny you have to randomly mention it at various opportunities.

• The title was changed to George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

Archived