talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

football forum

I'm still not entirely sure what the protests are for to be honest. I get the motives that the black people want a change, but that's not something that can be easily proven with a snap. They have to wait for an opportunity to prove it.

Of course it's also to arrest the 3 other officers involved, but will that actually stop the current riots? Same with raised pay. A lot of questions to be asked really. I think this goes beyond just George Floyd's death. That was just what detonated all this.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Stan said:

:congrats:

I mean, if you’re still gonna argue incompetence by four officers over the strong likelihood of intentional brutal force then you’re lost on me. 

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Rick said:

I mean, if you’re still gonna argue incompetence by four officers over the strong likelihood of intentional brutal force then you’re lost on me. 

It was more the point that police officers (and these are just the ones in the clip, there are probably several more, I hope?) are against Chauvin and how he acted. Incompetence or not, they're not in agreement with how it panned out. 

I don't think it was incompetence, mind. It was sheer cold-blooded murder, with no remorse or regret, and no intention to let Floyd survive once he was detained. 

Police incompetence is defined as inappropriate conduct or illegal actions taken by police officers. Why are we arguing this? The use of brutal force to illegally restrain falls into police incompetence :what:

I don't think Chauvin will be convicted of 1st degree in a court of law. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Police incompetence is defined as inappropriate conduct or illegal actions taken by police officers. Why are we arguing this? The use of brutal force to illegally restrain falls into police incompetence :what:

Okay, I'll rephrase.

It's not just incompetence shown. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

I’m arguing because I don’t like how you’re phrasing it as “incompetence”, rather than using the adjectives that fit the crime that was commited by that scumbag. It wasn’t because he was incompetent, because that implies that it wasn’t intentional. He’s a cold blooded killer and that’s how he should be labelled. 

33 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m arguing because I don’t like how you’re phrasing it as “incompetence”, rather than using the adjectives that fit the crime that was commited by that scumbag. It wasn’t because he was incompetent, because that implies that it wasn’t intentional. He’s a cold blooded killer and that’s how he should be labelled. 

Try proving that without a reasonable doubt in a court of law. This is how the system works. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Try proving that without a reasonable doubt in a court of law. This is how the system works. 

I’m not the prosecution in a court. I’m talking as an individual with sense. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

I’m not the prosecution in a court. I’m talking as an individual with sense. 

Rick, I agree with you, which is why he'll most likely be charged with second degree over first. Intent was there, but not premeditation. 

26 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Rick, I agree with you, which is why he'll most likely be charged with second degree over first. Intent was there, but not premeditation. 

Fair enough.

It's a real shame to see that a once great nation is falling apart this rapidly after slowly falling since 9/11, but I for one am hoping countries stop aping them and realize they aren't the empire they once were.

All this said, I agree with the sentiment that Trump is an dangerous man for not just his own country but the world.

Seen a few people saying that you can’t say that All Lives Matter. I get this social media protest and I know and understand the reasoning why but all lives do matter. You’ve got oppression across all races and skin colours and none should be ignored despite their share of media coverage. 

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Seen a few people saying that you can’t say that All Lives Matter. I get this social media protest and I know and understand the reasoning why but all lives do matter. You’ve got oppression across all races and skin colours and none should be ignored despite their share of media coverage. 

Spot on. I get the frustration but some of this makes it sound like they are the only ones who should have privilege. All lifes matter, and blacks aren't exclusive to the discrimination. 

10 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

20160707_allhousesredux.png

• The title was changed to George Floyd Death - Derek Chauvin Guilty of Murder

Archived