talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lyon 0-3 Bayern Munich - Wednesday 19th August, 2020 (Semi-Final)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Bayern are going to win the whole thing. While PSG might have a great front-line this Bayern team is very good across the pitch. Tough on Lyon but if you don't take the chances presented to you it was always going to be a hard comeback.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Bayern are going to win the whole thing. While PSG might have a great front-line this Bayern team is very good across the pitch. Tough on Lyon but if you don't take the chances presented to you it was always going to be a hard comeback.

PSG will be their biggest challenge yet, as the PSG forward line is phenomenal. We can also expect PSG to take advantage of Bayern's high line at times and even score. However, I think Bayern are stronger as a team and I think that they will just have a little too much for this great PSG side.

• The title was changed to Lyon 0-3 Bayern Munich - Wednesday 19th August, 2020 (Semi-Final)
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

PSG will be their biggest challenge yet, as the PSG forward line is phenomenal. We can also expect PSG to take advantage of Bayern's high line at times and even score. However, I think Bayern are stronger as a team and I think that they will just have a little too much for this great PSG side.

It will all really come down to the day if you ask me. While this Bayern team are very good if you have someone clinical in the opposition front-line they can get goals. They were a bit suspect in the first half today and I think their only saving grace was that Lyon just didn't have the pass to push the attackers past the defense. 

8 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Great Champions League campaign from Lyon. They should be proud. 

Bayern is just a much better team. 

Yeah, such a shame because they played well, executed the game plan well, but let let down by a lack of quality in their finishing. Toko-Ekambi's work rate and speed were very important to the game plan, it's just a shame that he's not a very good finisher, and the first miss knocked his confidence.

• The topic was unpinned
9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

It will all really come down to the day if you ask me. While this Bayern team are very good if you have someone clinical in the opposition front-line they can get goals. They were a bit suspect in the first half today and I think their only saving grace was that Lyon just didn't have the pass to push the attackers past the defense. 

Yes, I think that PSG will score and take advantage of Bayern's high line at times. Bayern will have to cut out a couple of the errors in midfield such as Thiago's misplaced passes which we saw tonight, that lead to chances for Lyon. Overall though, I just think that Bayern will have too much for PSG. But it is a one off match, so really, when you have two quality sides in the final, anything can happen. I feel that Bayern  have the edge though, as they are so strong throughout their team.

4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Yeah, such a shame because they played well, executed the game plan well, but let let down by a lack of quality in their finishing. Toko-Ekambi's work rate and speed were very important to the game plan, it's just a shame that he's not a very good finisher, and the first miss knocked his confidence.

Yes, Ekambi created all sorts of trouble to Bayern's defence but his finishing let him down. 

Considering how the season started with Sylvinho, this Champions League run was amazing. 

No Europe next season means that they'll probably have to sell Aouar. It's a huge loss, but their academy is great, they'll be back in Europe in 2021. 

3 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Yes, Ekambi created all sorts of trouble to Bayern's defence but his finishing let him down. 

Considering how the season started with Sylvinho, this Champions League run was amazing. 

No Europe next season means that they'll probably have to sell Aouar. It's a huge loss, but their academy is great, they'll be back in Europe in 2021. 

Lyon have been punished with the French League not being completed. They would definitely have been near PSG in the table had the season been completed. Aouar is sure to be snapped up by a wealthier club, it's almost inevitable I'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Lyon have been punished with the French League not being completed. They would definitely have been near PSG in the table had the season been completed. Aouar is sure to be snapped up by a wealthier club, it's almost inevitable I'm afraid.

Apponting an inexperienced coach, whose main references were Tite and Roberto Mancini was a terrible decision and they ended up paying a huge price for that ugly season start. 

Brazilian football coaches are like argentinian economists. Never hire them. 😂

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Apponting an inexperienced coach, whose main references were Tite and Roberto Mancini was a terrible decision and they ended up paying a huge price for that ugly season start. 

Brazilian football coaches are like argentinian economists. Never hire them. 😂

Yes, it's just a shame that the best players that they have will likely be sold. They are a very well organised, physically strong outfit, that also has creativity when they attack. They went toe to toe with PSG in the French Cup final, as well as knocking Man City and Juventus out of the Champions League this season. So they do have a lot to be proud of despite this heavy defeat to Bayern. 

As for the final, it promises to be an excellent matchup between two world class sides. I anticipate there being plenty of goals on show, given the firepower that both Bayern and PSG possess in attacking areas. It should be a classic!

Archived