talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Stikers : Morata / Batshuayi / Llorente

Wingers : Hazard / Pedro / Willian / Boga / Musonda Jr. 

Central Midfielders : Bakayoko / Kante / Fabregas / Ox - Chamberlain 

Wing Backs : Sandro / Alonso / Azpilicueta / Ox - Chamberlain / Moses

Centre Backs : David Luiz / Rudiger / Christensen / Cahill / Azpilicueta / Alonso

Goalkeepers : Courtois / Caballero / Eduardo 

If all the deals go though, this would be a great squad to take this season. 

Edited by Cicero

In the pre season the last two games weren't as bad as the results. One thing i noticed and it has happened in the league last season as well is that we are getting murdered on counters. Every team defends deep and they let Moses and Alonso move forward, when we lose the ball we are left with a back three and the team attack with 4-5 players leaving us with too much ground to cover for three players. Both Alonso and Moses weren't impressive in pre season and Azpilicueta looked better than Moses at wing back. Conte made the wing back position a crucial one in the 3-4-3 and i don't think this will work very well with the current wing backs. With Hazard and Pedro back an Bakayoko in the mix i think we will do better, but we failed to find cover for them for the moment. Moses can be replaced by Cesar and Rudiger can jump in the back three, but Alonso has no cover and no competition.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Well, Moses is suspended in the community shield so we will see Dave at RWB. 

Hopefully it stays like that. Dave has a great cross on him

Think that is probably the best option, he is very good at the back and solid going forward. Rudiger then to make a full debut?

26 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Think that is probably the best option, he is very good at the back and solid going forward. Rudiger then to make a full debut?

Yeah fingers crossed. Our board has done great business this window, especially with Rudiger (absolute bargain in this markets standards). 

Love me some humble pie 

This transfer window has been golden. To be honest I'm deeply glad the club didn't buy Bonucci and Lukaku. The later is obvious as to why but Bonucci is a style of player that wouod have muddied up the backlone. Is it really necessary to have both Luiz and Bonucci?

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Could always play Luiz in midfield if needed?

He was played in a couple of games in the midfield in his first cameo for the club. Think he is a decent midfielder, as for a CB he is fast and a very technical defender. Then again i doubt Conte would sacrifice his back three just to fill the midfield gap. Luiz was superb in the middle of the back three and i fully expect him to stay there.

Edited by True Blue

So Matic is deemed as unworthy by our manager and is added to the very long list of professionals Conte has allowed to leave the club.

The length of contract he has signed at Manchester United obviously takes into account the length of time Jose is expected to be in Manchester.

I have not seen enough of Bakayoko to say how much of an upgrade he is over Matic, but peoples who's opinion I respect have all said we will notice the way he gets about the pitch compared to Matic and his ability on the ball with both feet.

Matic was outstanding in the season Jose returned and won the league, but he was very much found out by opposition teams with his constant turning one way and losing pace since that season. I think it would be a fair statement that he was one of the weaker players in last seasons winning team, but I would like to thank him for his time at the club.

We must move on to, what I would say is a complete giveaway by Jose in welcoming Matic.... talking of loyalty... Confirms what we all knew, Matic was one of very few at the club who stuck by Jose during, what is now being referred to as the "Jose Season" in defense of the title.

20 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

So Matic is deemed as unworthy by our manager and is added to the very long list of professionals Conte has allowed to leave the club.

The length of contract he has signed at Manchester United obviously takes into account the length of time Jose is expected to be in Manchester.

I have not seen enough of Bakayoko to say how much of an upgrade he is over Matic, but peoples who's opinion I respect have all said we will notice the way he gets about the pitch compared to Matic and his ability on the ball with both feet.

Matic was outstanding in the season Jose returned and won the league, but he was very much found out by opposition teams with his constant turning one way and losing pace since that season. I think it would be a fair statement that he was one of the weaker players in last seasons winning team, but I would like to thank him for his time at the club.

We must move on to, what I would say is a complete giveaway by Jose in welcoming Matic.... talking of loyalty... Confirms what we all knew, Matic was one of very few at the club who stuck by Jose during, what is now being referred to as the "Jose Season" in defense of the title.

I didn't know Matic signed  a 15 year contract.😆

As for players leaving Chelsea, aren't you worried about the size of the squad ?  Especially the first few games with Hazard and maybe Pedro out, with Bakayoko yet to play and Rudiger playing less than a half of football ?

24 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

As for players leaving Chelsea, aren't you worried about the size of the squad ?  Especially the first few games with Hazard and maybe Pedro out, with Bakayoko yet to play and Rudiger playing less than a half of football ?

There is plenty of time left in the window. Our board has done a great job so far, so I'm fairly certain they are lining up potential transfers right under the media's noses, as they've always done before. 

As True Blue mentioned, a LWB, a CM, and a ST is all that's left.

41 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Pedro has facial injuries he can be ready for Arsenal no problem. Hazard is training for less than a month, he will be ready after a few games.

16 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There is plenty of time left in the window. Our board has done a great job so far, so I'm fairly certain they are lining up potential transfers right under the media's noses, as they've always done before. 

As True Blue mentioned, a LWB, a CM, and a ST is all that's left.

And i think the striker will be in the likes of Llorente

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

Hello Mate,

No not worried as there is still a long time left in window. It's not like any of those wanted to leave, they have all been deemed not good enough by the manager, including your signing today. You must bare in mind when evaluating Matic this season, you are not getting 2015 player. He will get caught out on his one foot and find running around that big pitch of yours a real pain when quicker players run past him through the middle, but he is an upgrade on what you have and for me, its the first signing you have made this window which upgrades the team.

Like the Chinese, You do like our reserves xD

I have raised here and elsewhere over the past weeks since the season ended, the manager said on the pitch while celebrating our PL winning season we needed to get better players. I felt it was a huge statement at the time. A squad of players who had won 2 of the last 3 PL, who downed tools in the other are being told they are not good enough. Time will tell if Matic replacement is as big a upgrade as most seem to believe. We can hear from the manager that he truly believes he is.

For me we have dodged a few bullets this window and with a calendar month to go we need to be patient and leave it to the club to do what they have proved in the past to make good moves. This money for a 28 year old is good business and will help with better younger signings.

Outside of City spending a fortune on the leaves of their tree, a tree to be seen if it bends in the wind or snaps like last season, there has been NOTHING other clubs have done so far that paints a much stronger chasing pack.

I know there is a month to go and expect to see a lot of moves, especially if Neymar and Mbabbe change teams.  Could break the log jam and lead to a wild finish to the window.  Regarding Matic, I realise he has lost pace and is one footed, but I suspect he will not be asked to do much running.   I imagine his role will be well defined, sit just above the back four, protect them and break up the other team's attacks.  Whether he can do that or not remains to be seen, hopefully he can do that and free Pogba to take up a more advanced role.

8 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I know there is a month to go and expect to see a lot of moves, especially if Neymar and Mbabbe change teams.  Could break the log jam and lead to a wild finish to the window.  Regarding Matic, I realise he has lost pace and is one footed, but I suspect he will not be asked to do much running.   I imagine his role will be well defined, sit just above the back four, protect them and break up the other team's attacks.  Whether he can do that or not remains to be seen, hopefully he can do that and free Pogba to take up a more advanced role.

So he can blast more shots over the crossbar? 

I miss the days when we had midfielders that could score goals, like Lamps, Ballack, Essien etc. I think even Kante could bag a few but he is always looking for every option rather than to shoot even if he is a position to. Bakayoko gets a few a season as well, unfortunately similar to Kante.

9 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I miss the days when we had midfielders that could score goals, like Lamps, Ballack, Essien etc. I think even Kante could bag a few but he is always looking for every option rather than to shoot even if he is a position to. Bakayoko gets a few a season as well, unfortunately similar to Kante.

Lampard and Ballack screamers were a joy to watch. The occasional Essien wonder goal as well. 

However, with Lampard, Ballack, and Essien, there was little to no cohesion in our play, which was evident considering we under achieved massively with them as a midfield three. (Mikel can fuck off). When they performed well, it was down to individual ability rather than team effort. 

What I love about how we play under Conte is that our team is in sync. Everyone knows their roles and how to operate as a team. There is cohesion from the back three, to the striker. We play with such fluditiy, that when we play well, there is no stand out player or MOTM. Everyone does well.  I much rather prefer this. 

Edited by Cicero

Just now, Cicero said:

Lampard and Ballack screamers were a joy to watch. The occasional Essien wonder goal as well. 

However, with Lampard, Ballack, and Essien, there was little to no cohesion in our play, which was evident considering we under achieved massively with them as a midfield three. (Mikel can fuck off). When they performed well, it was down to individual ability rather than team effort. 

What I love about how we play under Conte is that our team is in sync. Everyone knows their roles and how to operate as a team. There is cohesion from the back three, to the striker. I much rather prefer this. 

I still think even though the 3-4-3 worked wonderfully, every team knows how to play against it. Defend deep and hit us on the counters, all the pre season teams did it apart from Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I still think even though the 3-4-3 worked wonderfully, every team knows how to play against it. Defend deep and hit us on the counters, all the pre season teams did it apart from Arsenal.

Better wingbacks are the key to prevent that, As well as more dynamism in the midfield. 

Like Luke said, Bakayoko can potentially be a legendary signing for us. 

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

:rofl::rofl: monaco got the best out of the deal. Overpriced a limited midfielder and chelsea took the bait and replaced him with a better one, Tielemans 

Yeah a 29 year old for 40 mill was deffo the better deal :clown::clown:

• Upvote 1