talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

I don't think Roman actually ever does anything with the club. He has far more important businesses to attend to. Between being in bed with the Russian Mafia and Putin, I'd say he only bothers himself when shit is hitting the fan.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I don't think Roman actually ever does anything with the club. He has far more important businesses to attend to. Between being in bed with the Russian Mafia and Putin, I'd say he only bothers himself when shit is hitting the fan.

Sorry Spike, you couldnt be more wrong. He is one of the most hands on owners in the PL and in my humble opinion, the best.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Morata has chosen the #9. He is among the Chelsea legends who wore the historic number. Kezman, Schevchenko, and Torres….

Godspeed. 

10 goal season awaits xD

20 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Congrats Danny ~ I am amazed we had enough players left at Cobham to forfil this fixture ~ Judging by the pictures I seen, a mixture of under 16's n 18's?

I imagine it's along those age groups, a pre-season friendly for both so nothing to get too excited about and I'd imagine your best youngsters are currently with the first team?

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I imagine it's along those age groups, a pre-season friendly for both so nothing to get too excited about and I'd imagine your best youngsters are currently with the first team?

Well the youngsters are spread all over the place at the moment. Some on the first team tour, those who have been away with their England age groups will still be on holiday or off to their loan clubs and any who have not played in those International competitions could also be on loan. Whatever the make up of the team it sounds like a close game unlike the game against Fulham a week ago.

Well, after watching the extended highlights, it appears our biggest issue is our left side of defence. Cahill and Alonso. Seems to be the biggest area of weakness in our team, as Bayern got past them with ease and little effort. 

Cesc cannot be in a two man midfield against top opposition, and it still remains to be seen if having a 2 man midfield of Bakayoko+Kante will work against top teams. Bayern were running circles against them. 

Moses and Willian were terrible. Boga looked decent again but end product non existent which will ultimately get him the shipped off. 

Christensen looked comfortable and Cahill was a clown as per usual against top teams. Courtois looking like he up for another season not saving any shot on target. 

Good to see the fight back from the team as that is the most important. Bats scoring for fun which will definitely boost his confidence. David Luiz should be wearing the arm band, evident he is the true leader on the pitch. 

Some issues can be solved with the players we have at our disposal, but we are seriously lacking in depth and wing back upgrades. Need to do everything possible in securing Sandro. Matic + Cash, whatever. 

• Administrator

Izzy Brown makes his way down south

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40714453

Brighton have signed Chelsea forward Izzy Brown on a season-long loan.

Although the 20-year-old has been with the Blues since 2013, he has made only one substitute appearance.

Brown has had loan spells at Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem, Rotherham United and Huddersfield.

He scored five goals for the Terriers last season as they earned promotion to the Premier League alongside Championship winners Brighton.

"The natural progression for Izzy, having enjoyed such a successful season in the Championship last season, was to step up to the Premier League - and we are delighted he will be doing that with us," said Brighton manager Chris Hughton.

"He is a player with great potential and will bring a different dimension to our attacking options for the season ahead, alongside our existing strikers."

Next stage up just like Abraham.

I'm actually more interested in to who does better out of he and Abraham (probably the latter) than Morata/Lukaku/Lacazette. Seriously already bored of those 3 being hyped up and stacked up against each other. BBC have an article about Morata getting his first assist in a fucking friendly ffs xD 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Izzy Brown becomes the 7,422nd Chelsea player to head out on loan this summer. Hopefully he comes back stronger! 

#ChelseaFC #Plan4TheFuture #SoBlessed

xD

He performs decent enough we will make a good profit on him. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Any reason why he hasn't returned to Huddersfield?

have they not signed other strikers? Brighton probably persuaded Chelsea that they wanted/needed him more than Huddersfield, if the latter even wanted him at all. 

16 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Any reason why he hasn't returned to Huddersfield?

How many players can one premiership team take on loan from another premiership team?

Huddersfield already have Kasey Palmer from us, so maybe that is the reason.

--------------------------------

On Izzy.... Congrats Brighton.....he is a real thinker about the game and this is a good loan for him. Of the youngsters going out on loan from Chelsea, Brown would easily be in my top 5 of talent.

Cahill named Chelsea's new official captain with Azpilicueta being the vice captain. Well earned to be honest, Gary has been under a lot of shit in his Chelsea career but i always liked him as he always gives his 100%. Last season he was outstanding in a back three, while Dave is known as my favorite player so it was either Gary or Dave for me. Well done to both of them