talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Can't agree Dave played a flawless season. His lack of height and awareness behind him was exploited first by Stoke at Stamford Bridge and then soon after by Spurs. It was something that wasnt fixed for the rest of the season. Conte worked Moses Dave n Luiz tirelessly from that Stoke game which helped them improve some, but I think we can all agree the signing of Rudiger illuminates the decision making on that defensive weakness in the managers mind.

In Dave's favor is he can play a number of different positions. However the news we are being heavily linked with a Real Madrid reserve we have to question Dave and Moses starting positions.

18 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Can't agree Dave played a flawless season. His lack of height and awareness behind him was exploited first by Stoke at Stamford Bridge and then soon after by Spurs. It was something that wasnt fixed for the rest of the season. Conte worked Moses Dave n Luiz tirelessly from that Stoke game which helped them improve some, but I think we can all agree the signing of Rudiger illuminates the decision making on that defensive weakness in the managers mind.

In Dave's favor is he can play a number of different positions. However the news we are being heavily linked with a Real Madrid reserve we have to question Dave and Moses starting positions.

Yes let's drop two starters for a bench player from Madrid

17 minutes ago, True Blue said:

AMAZING INPUT BRAHHHH :congrats::congrats:

Amazing he still has the audacity to post such tripe after he's been so brilliantly found out in the whole Morata/Lukaku debacle. Never met such an ego xD

Pretty sure Barca are not interested in Azpilicueta and even more sure he would turn them down. (Luiz even did). But as Liquidator stated, our biggest weakness  last year were crosses whipped in towards Azpilicueta and Moses' side, due to their lack of height. And it became pretty quick for teams to realise that. Spurs especially. 

I honestly haven't the slightest idea in how Conte will lineup the defence this season. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Amazing he still has the audacity to post such tripe after he's been so brilliantly found out in the whole Morata/Lukaku debacle. Never met such an ego xD

Pretty sure Barca are not interested in Azpilicueta and even more sure he would turn them down. (Luiz even did). But as Liquidator stated, our biggest weakness  last year were crosses whipped in towards Azpilicueta and Moses' side, due to their lack of height. And it became pretty quick for teams to realise that. Spurs especially. 

I honestly haven't the slightest idea in how Conte will lineup the defence this season. 

Probably Cahill - Luiz - Rudiger 

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Well he did buy Rudiger to fill in the "weak" spot during headers and crosses

That's why for me these Danilo rumors make no sense. We could have Azpilicueta play RWB against top teams and have Moses play RWB against teams that sit back. 

• Upvote 1

If we get Sandro....BIG IF

Sandro/Alonso---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Azpilicueta/Moses

Cahill/Alonso--------Luiz/Christensen------Rudiger/Azpilicueta

Edited by Cicero

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Can we please get your opinion straight True Blue ~ You dont think Dave's height and awareness to a ball over him was a weak spot last season?

Well he isn't a center back, he is a forced one. Still managed to be the best player in the back three.

3 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

We just reportedly offered him a new deal of 60K per week, how on earth are there rumors of him snubbing it? Just when I was getting excited. 

He will get guaranteed playing time (considering Bakayoko's injury and Matic's rumored departure). 

I'd rather see Chalobah go on loan somewhere to be honest preferably in the Premier League, he needs to be starting week in week out. Conte doesn't really do rotation and the youngsters will not be given a significant chance but that's the way Roman runs the club and there's no signs of that changing. His departure would leave us a bit weak numbers wise in that position, Cesc, Kante, Bakayoko?, Matic, with conflicting reports over Bakayoko's fitness and with some questions marks reportedly over Matic's future.

1. I'd say one thing I would drive Matic to Milan myself for the price being reported.
  2. I also think it's paramount Chalobah goes on loan and plays regularly in the Premier League if that can be arranged. It's a very important season for him and if he has a strong season he could be in contention for a World Cup place with England especially considering our options there at the moment with the national team. Playing for us in the cups and coming on here and there isn't good enough for him, Chalo needs that loan move and he needs more game time than what Conte can offer him.

This would leave us with Cesc, Kante, Bakayoko. In that case, I guess it would be best to hold onto Matic for one more season or maybe use Luiz as the 4th choice in that position but then Conte won't like to mess with his back three. The 4th choice in that position needs to be thought through and of course we're still waiting for Bakayoko to be confirmed (it's not done, until it's done) but regardless of squad depth and other factors, Chalo simply has to go on loan that is without question even if leaves us a bit weak in that area of the squad, his future should come before squad balance for me. This kid needs to be playing, he can't have another season like the last and the only way he'd get significant playing time next campaign with us would be a serious injury crisis to players in that position. Yes, we need to make sure we're covered but at the moment Chalo's future comes first.

Edited by carefreeluke

Well as I forecast a few weeks ago Chalobah has decided to leave after the club moved to take Bakayoko from Monaco.

I have been told the manager informed Nathaniel he was in his plans but could not guarantee the kind of 1st team airtime he wanted.

The contract wage offered was less than being reported and the speed of the deal completion has some believing Nathaniel's people had been expecting him leaving.

I have no ill feeling towards him and wish him the very best for his career. He like others did everything the club asked of him.

As I have stated before, the manager said on the pitch after the game against Sunderland that we needed better players. So we must believe, Nathaniel, like all others who have been allowed to leave so far, have been evaluated by the manager as not good enough.

I wonder how his younger brother feels about his future?

Edited by The Liquidator