talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

10 hours ago, HK85 said:

We could do with the sale going ahead to put us at ease with FFP. 

If not, uncle Alisher can sponsor the kit man for £150 million and that'll cover it. 

At the risk of rattling the weak minded who follow the other half of your fine City, it can be said at the time of writing, Everton's early business plus the possible signing of the young CH at Burnley  has improved the team. However, if you sell your goals to us or anyone else for that matter, it probably puts you back to square one. At least until those you have signed to replace him prove they can carry his goal scoring load. :ay:

9 hours ago, Cicero said:

Push for and spend ridiculous amounts for  players the manager doesn't want and low ball every player the manager wants. 

The board of Chelsea Football Club. 

For the last four years the club has operated in this manner with, and I am sure you agree, some outstanding success in the transfer market, both selling and buying. During this time we have continued to bring home silverware. While I understand your frustration in the club not throwing our money around on the players you have nailed your nuts too, your moaning towards the board has very little weight behind it.

Their decision making during this period, for me is unquestionable and all the poor deals have been down to our previous manager, who as in the Lukaku case, thought of himself over the club. Something the present manager is starting to show is in him too.

2 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

For the last four years the club has operated in this manner with, and I am sure you agree, some outstanding success in the transfer market, both selling and buying. During this time we have continued to bring home silverware. While I understand your frustration in the club not throwing our money around on the players you have nailed your nuts too, your moaning towards the board has very little weight behind it.

Their decision making during this period, for me is unquestionable and all the poor deals have been down to our previous manager, who as in the Lukaku case, thought of himself over the club. Something the present manager is starting to show is in him too.

Cuadrado, Rahaman, Papy, Hector, Miazga say hi. 80 million in total. 

And you are beginning to sound horrendously redundant, it's not about the players I feel would improve the club, it's the select targets Conte specifically wants. Last summer, I was 100% committed to the signings of Alonso and Luiz coming back, where select few other Chelsea fans showed their concern. 

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You've bought league titles though.

How much do those usually run by? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Cuadrado, Rahaman, Papy, Hector, Miazga say hi. 80 million in total. 

And you are beginning to sound horrendously redundant, it's not about the players I feel would improve the club, it's the select targets Conte specifically wants. Last summer, I was 100% committed to the signings of Alonso and Luiz coming back, where select few other Chelsea fans showed their concern. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

You just dont get it do you.... The club proved last season, 2nd time in 3 years, we win without paying the crazy prices for the players the manager lists or other clubs are prepared to waste.

Conte will get a couple of players he wants and if he doesnt like it, he can leave and be replaced with ease, preferably before he signs a new contract.

Oh and by the way, when you list a number of players and then shout a number that they cost, dont exaggerate their cost to strengthen your bull.

You conveniently dont mention the reported 130M the club have made the last two seasons on squad players.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

You just dont get it do you.... The club proved last season, 2nd time in 3 years, we win without paying the crazy prices for the players the manager lists or other clubs are prepared to waste.

Conte will get a couple of players he wants and if he doesnt like it, he can leave and be replaced with ease, preferably before he signs a new contract.

Oh and by the way, when you list a number of players and then shout a number that they cost, dont exaggerate their cost to strengthen your bull.

You conveniently dont mention the reported 130M the club have made the last two seasons on squad players.

God you're boring. Swiftly offered more than you did

Welcone back Term-X

Edited by Cicero

47 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Welcone back Term-X

Well you do have me at a disadvantage, I, unlike you have to make sense when I enter into a discussion. You on the other hand dont let an little thing like making sense stand in the way of your bull & exaggeration. And even when you are clearly put right on a subject, you dont have the class to withdraw with dignity and accept our club are winning with a policy that works.

No need to respond ~ I am done with you.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Welcone back Term-X

Seriously mate you can't compare him with any of those. I can vouch for this guy, he's a very long supporting Chelsea fan and a decent guy. Just because his opinion differs from yours doesn't mean he's like those mongs you mentioned.

22 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Seriously mate you can't compare him with any of those. I can vouch for this guy, he's a very long supporting Chelsea fan and a decent guy. Just because his opinion differs from yours doesn't mean he's like those mongs you mentioned.

It's the condescending tone of his posts that rub half the forum up the wrong way. Most people that have engaged in a debate with him have come away thinking he's a right twat. 

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's the condescending tone of his posts that rub half the forum up the wrong way. Most people that have engaged in a debate with him have come away thinking he's a right twat. 

*cough* bandwagon *cough* cunt *cough* bollocks  

:farmer:

16 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Cheers Josh!

I have to say I am enjoying the more paranoid members believing I am someone else and you know me, never give a sucker an even break so I have played along.

Exaggeration is rife here (obviously it is elsewhere too) with, according to some,  me upsetting half the board ( are their only 10 members?) in the short time I have been here and one of my own clan offering tall stories to Beef up his Bull, but I have to admit I am truly enjoying working out the Football children from the Football worthy.

Thanks again mate!

• Upvote 2

On 7/1/2017 at 5:10 PM, The Liquidator said:

So Willy Caballero decides to sit on our bench over signing for allegedly 2 other Premier league teams where he was told he would start. Strange City's first choice keeper last season for a fair amount of games would accept that role, but I guess there is a case its the same roll he held at City.

Of more interest to me was the signing of young Welsh teenager Ethan Ampadu from Exeter.

The interest was 1, he has built a nice reputation in a short amount of time and 2, His dad, a former professional works for Arsenal as a coach who are also listed among the many Premier League clubs who tried to sign him.

So why not Arsenal?

Lastly, I am sure my fellow Chelsea fans have heard, the buzz about the place is the manager isnt keen on Lukaku and its been pretty much confirmed his signing for Chelsea would be a 100% Michael Emenalo signing. Antonio Rudiger, who is the German defender we really are after and not Jerome Botang, is also said to be a Chelsea buy over who the manager has requested. 

We can presume the manager will get two of his asks if both Tiemoue Bakayoko & Alex Sandro sign.

Anyway, a nice first day under the Nike brand with the promise of much more exciting news to come over the coming days, plus the manager signing an improved deal too?.

I dislike how all non-managerial signings are automatically funnelled into the suspicion of Emanalo. I refuse to believe the head scout has the authority over the entire club to sign players at will. More likely is that a suggestion from Emanalo or the manager is taken into consideration and then ratified by the board. The tightness fiscally and lethargic pace suggest to me: a diplomatic process that is entrenched with beaucracy.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

I dislike how all non-managerial signings are automatically funnelled into the suspicion of Emanalo. I refuse to believe the head scout has the authority over the entire club to sign players at will. More likely is that a suggestion from Emanalo or the manager is taken into consideration and then ratified by the board. The tightness fiscally and lethargic pace suggest to me: a diplomatic process that is entrenched with beaucracy.

Spike, there is a lot of truth in your words.

Romelu original transfer to Chelsea was down to Emanalo. Some say it helped he had a friendship with Romelu's father, Roger. Most think it more difficult not to sign him as his love for Chelsea ruled out all other clubs at the time.

Although the buzz around the club is this will be Emanalo's signing again, the media, including Matt Law of the telegraph is spinning the Manager is 100% behind the signing.

Until I see the manager sitting next to Lukaku at his unveiling spouting off this was the signing he wanted all along, I think I'll keep an open mind on whats going on.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Spike, there is a lot of truth in your words.

Romelu original transfer to Chelsea was down to Emanalo. Some say it helped he had a friendship with Romelu's father, Roger. Most think it more difficult not to sign him as his love for Chelsea ruled out all other clubs at the time.

Although the buzz around the club is this will be Emanalo's signing again, the media, including Matt Law of the telegraph is spinning the Manager is 100% behind the signing.

Until I see the manager sitting next to Lukaku at his unveiling spouting off this was the signing he wanted all along, I think I'll keep an open mind on whats going on.

You see, when you post like this it seems you are very decent. 

Good post and agree totally. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Will we allow Chelsea to win it again, that's the real question

I do believe that the title will be going to Manchester, just not sure which side.

As for the Lukaku transfer. I think he's improved massively but I think the prices being thrown around are ridiculous. Why get rid of Costa and spend an insane amount on someone you sold a couple of seasons ago.... question is what are the alternatives if the Lukaku transfer doesn't happen? Realistically?

Edited by JOSHBRFC

9 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I do believe that the title will be going to Manchester, just not sure which side.

As for the Lukaku transfer. I think he's improved massively but I think the prices being thrown around are ridiculous. Why get rid of Costa and spend an insane amount on someone you sold a couple of seasons ago.... question is what are the alternatives if the Lukaku transfer doesn't happen? Realistically?

Bring back Carlton Cole

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Cicero said:

Just like one of the Manchester clubs were 'nailed on' to win the title last year. 

Yawn...

xD who said that? Chelsea and Conte surprised us all last season.

Why are you so touchy recently? Yawn.