talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

I don't know what it is about Zouma but I think when a centreback has pace, I'm way more critical about them. It feels like a lot of young defenders rely on their speed to cover mistakes, and it hides positional weakness. 

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

I don't know what it is about Zouma but I think when a centreback has pace, I'm way more critical about them. It feels like a lot of young defenders rely on their speed to cover mistakes, and it hides positional weakness. 

Zouma was really good two seasons ago when we had a terrible season, and cemented his place in the starting eleven. Then he had that knee injury against United and it took him almost a year to return to full fitness. By that time Conte took charge switched to a 3-4-3 and trusts the back three too much to rotate them. I'd keep him for the new season and i think if he does get loaned he won't be returning.

As for the Hazard injury, he will miss the qualifiers, the pre season and most likely the few weeks into the new season. If Real was really going to offer 100mill then this is a disaster because he is nowhere near worth that kind of money, i would take it tough.

Edited by True Blue

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's exactly what I thought when I heard the news. This is the best thing that could've happened from Chelsea's point of view. 

They really have been fortunate with injuries this year. Go through the whole season without any and then their main man breaks a bone after the season ends to rule out a move away xD 

As a ex professional once told me, Hazard has just suffered from a slice of football Kama. Within a hour or so of teasing the waiting media and Chelsea fans for that matter, he hurts himself. Cest la vie.

As I understand it, a new contract with Chelsea was agreed before the end of the season. It's for just shy of 300,000 a week and will run for 5 years. Starts 1st July 2017. In the contract is an agreement that after two years, if Madrid, and only Madrid come in for him, Chelsea will allow him to leave, as long as Madrid match the asking price. Eden has no interest in signing for anyone else.

We will see :ay:

Injury aside, he was never in doubt of staying this summer. Two years down the line I can see him leaving but only for a ridiculous amount. 

Some reports saying 4-8 weeks and other reports saying up to 4 months. FA Cup Final defeat and now this, should really give our board the incentive in pursuing attacking options. But they will likely leave it till last minute, low ball every one of Conte's targets, then settle with stop gap players/panic buys.  You know, keep up the trend. 

Edited by Cicero

Diego Costa is close to agreeing a return to Atletico Madrid during the January transfer window, when their transfer ban ends. [AS]

Tricky this. Do we stick with him for the first half of the season, or chuck him with the reserves until January. Nonetheless, this gives us a harder chance in landing a second striker, IE Morata. Or we use Lukaku, Batshuayi, and Abraham? 

If we get Lukaku, we are going to need another striker and it will be much more difficult considering we won't have Costa's funds to pay for it, considering what Real are asking for Morata. 

We might need to think about sending Abraham out on loan, considering with Conte's preferred formation he likes to have two strikers. Unless he wants to stick with a 3-4-3

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator

Monaco are an annoyingly decent business model, they've made so much profit on players they hand picked for peanuts and are replacing with the next crop of talent. I suspect this means Matic will be a marginal figure, he's not as mobile as the rest of the Chelsea midfield. Bakayoko represents everything Conte admires, passion, energy, dynamism and technique

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Linked heavily with James Rodriguez recently. 

If you sign James, then surely you're selling Hazard.  Both those players can't be in the same side and one would be on the bench which in theory is great for a proper challenge for all honours as a deep squad is required these days.  But seeing as James is leaving Real Madrid because he can't take being on the bench and Hazard being a Premier League protagonist that wouldn't take being relegated to the dugout.  You would be selling the Belgian to get the Colombian and I'll tell you this...  If you thought Hazard gives problems with his character, you ain't seen nothing yet!

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If you sign James, then surely you're selling Hazard.  Both those players can't be in the same side and one would be on the bench which in theory is great for a proper challenge for all honours as a deep squad is required these days.  But seeing as James is leaving Real Madrid because he can't take being on the bench and Hazard being a Premier League protagonist that wouldn't take being relegated to the dugout.  You would be selling the Belgian to get the Colombian and I'll tell you this...  If you thought Hazard gives problems with his character, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Just seen the asking price was 70 million which I can assure we won't pay. Probably all paper talk. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Just seen the asking price was 70 million which I can assure we won't pay. Probably all paper talk. 

If Antonio Conte really wants him tactically, then James is worth much more than that because he's a superstar in Latin America and would raise your profile over there.  Florentino Pérez isn't a mug and he is a phenomenon at making money.  That is pittance for the amount you'd make off James' profile.  The transfer fee is negligent mate.

I'd rather pass on James, the current wingers in the club are good enough. There is an option that we will even keep Musonda in the team, hopefully he gets play time. We need about 4 quality signings in, get about 4 out that are not good enough. Perhaps even get back some of the loaned out players and we should be settled.

7 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I'd rather pass on James, the current wingers in the club are good enough. There is an option that we will even keep Musonda in the team, hopefully he gets play time. We need about 4 quality signings in, get about 4 out that are not good enough. Perhaps even get back some of the loaned out players and we should be settled.

James Rodríguez isn't a winger and neither is Eden Hazard.  They're attacking midfielders that pull-off wide and come back inside.  In Spain, Italy and Portugal this is called an interior-midfielder and something that's extremely important in modern football especially in a 3 at the back.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

James Rodríguez isn't a winger and neither is Eden Hazard.  They're attacking midfielders that pull-off wide and come back inside.  In Spain, Italy and Portugal this is called an interior-midfielder and something that's extremely important in modern football especially in a 3 at the back.

Yes but Hazard plays as a winger in Chelsea

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Yes but Hazard plays as a winger in Chelsea

No he doesn't mate.  Just because he lingers there doesn't mean he's a winger.  Iniesta roams around the left-wide area although slightly inside, but doesn't play there and neither does Hazard.  Plus I can't believe you're comparing Musonda to those two.

Edited by SirBalon

Just now, SirBalon said:

No he doesn't mate.  Just because he lingers there doesn't mean he's a winger.  Iniesta roams around the left-wide area although lightly inside, but doesn't play there and neither does Hazard.  Plus I can't believe you're comparing Musonda to those two.

Haha well i guess you don't get to watch a lot of Chelsea games, attacking midfielders spend most of their time behind the striker which Hazard basically never does. He does cut inside but he is forcing all our attacks onto both wings. 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No he doesn't mate.  Just because he lingers there doesn't mean he's a winger.  Iniesta roams around the left-wide area although lightly inside, but doesn't play there and neither does Hazard.  Plus I can't believe you're comparing Musonda to those two.

Comparing Musonda? , not at all i just mentioned that he could stay.

Edited by True Blue

Just now, True Blue said:

Haha well i guess you don't get to watch a lot of Chelsea games, attacking midfielders spend most of their time behind the striker which Hazard basically never does. He does cut inside but he is forcing all our attacks onto both wings. 

I watch plenty of Chelsea games mate and I know what you're getting at, but Hazard is never a winger.  He isn't seen that way anywhere and he would be replacing James if he went to Real Madrid.  At Real James has never played on the wing...  A winger is someone like Bale.

Plus, that situation you've mentioned in your last sentence is something that's extremely beneficial for Chelsea and the way they play because it also forces the opponent's defence to follow the attackers moving wide and opens up the play for the second string to pick a pass through the now thin centre of defence.

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Comparing Musonda? , not at all i just mentioned that he could stay.

Yeah, but you're in the Champions League next season and you will be vying to defend your league title.  You need top players both on and off the field, not squad fillers.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Yeah, but you're in the Champions League next season and you will be vying to defend your league title.  You need top players both on and off the field, not squad fillers.

Plenty of top teams have youngsters in their 23 man team, i would play him in the cups and some of the league games of the bench. Still it is just me dreaming he is off on a loan 100%.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I watch plenty of Chelsea games mate and I know what you're getting at, but Hazard is never a winger.  He isn't seen that way anywhere and he would be replacing James if he went to Real Madrid.  At Real James has never played on the wing...  A winger is someone like Bale.

Plus, that situation you've mentioned in your last sentence is something that's extremely beneficial for Chelsea and the way they play because it also forces the opponent's defence to follow the attackers moving wide and opens up the play for the second string to pick a pass through the now thin centre of defence.

Let's just agree to disagree xD