talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

34 minutes ago, Cicero said:

May be true, but his on the pitch antics are so unpredictable. Add that to not being a 2nd half season player. I'd only be adamant in keeping Costa if we add another lethal goalscorer IE Sanchez. 

I worry about him sometimes during games but bans aside when playing (correct me if I'm wrong) he's never been sent off for us. He's a half a season man yes but his return is still good, Hazard got us through the second half of 2014/15, the first half of 2015/16 we were shit and this current season Hazard, Pedro and Fabregas have mainly got us through this second half, the goals and players have come from elsewhere. Not forgetting Costa was our player of the season until January and there are Atlético Madrid fans currently dying to get him back. For me if he can stay, and he himself is happy to do so (for one more season at least even), I think we're happy days, I don't see another striker that we've been linked with that suits our system as well as Costa does, hence it's not worth the money and effort bringing someone in. It is however important that we bring in another attacking player, we need someone of high level to join Hazard, Pedro and Willian. 

I couldn't think of a better signing for us than Sanchez, he would be a dream signing and he could operate up top as well as in behind, he has the perfect player profile for our system, unfortunately can't see it happening.

While we are on the subject of examples of players we believe are perfect for n would like to see at Chelsea.

Someone I feel sure who would jump at a new start and wouldnt cost the crazy money being banded about for players and would score us a hat full of goals is Thomas Muller of Bayern Munich.

I just feel, in those games we are worried about Romelu leading the line, against sides with packed defensive set up waiting for us to break them down, Muller would be perfect for us as his movement is outstanding.

Look our manager made his name with his 3 at the back which we all know, but he also played two up front most of the time In Italy and there must be a good argument, in those fixtures mentioned above, with the packed defense, 2 up front is something that could make life easier for us.

I think Muller is a great fit, speaks perfect English and is on record to stating he would like to play in England one day.

London is far better than Manchester Thomas :ay:

Costa is a shithouse. A troll of the highest order, an absolute ticking time bomb. 

Someone said above he's never been sent off for Chelsea. Well that is because he's got away with murder. He should have been sent loads of times. The guy is totally unhinged.  

I hope he stays at Chelsea. 

On 5/27/2017 at 3:10 AM, Cannabis said:

I'm pretty sure Costa has been sent off for Chelsea, I'm pretty sure he did against us.

Oh yeah he was. The game was already lost by then as we were 2-0 down with five minutes to go in one of the worst Chelsea performances I've seen from us in years.

"I'm fine here, I have two more years left on my contract and I do not intend to leave, people talk too much and I will stay if the club want me to stay," he noted.

"If the club intend to sell me in order to bring in another striker then obviously I will leave but as I said there is only one club I'd leave for, everyone knows the team I like; Atletico? Yes, everybody knows this," he concluded.

9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I don't understand the hate towards Costa, I know he can be frustrating to support but he's a goal machine. 

His goal ratio is incredible, on his day he is unplayable. Then again most of the time it is fighting and going all aggressive when things don't go our way. It is simple if we are winning he is behaving if not he is a red card waiting to happen. In a big game that is always a danger, i dislike players like him. I love a 110% player that gives all his game but that doesn't include getting in a fight with the opposition 11. For the money we could get from him we could find a suitable replacement.

Love Kante but he's so shy and softly spoken (not that this is a problem) but he is also bordering on awkward as well. He was seen as a bit of an odd character at Leicester as well and I remember saying when he signed that a reason he may have chosen to sign for us was because of the amount of French speakers we have in the squad. I think he'll get use to the attention over time and get better with dealing with the media etc as he gets older which happens with a lot of players.

He is just that kind of a person shy and laid back. You could tell much about his character after you see his car. Money didn't get to his head and he is not crazed by his fame. Hope he stays with us for a long time, class on and off the pitch.

33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Best we do is get the Conti and Bakayoko deals done as quickly as possible. That way we can focus all summer in bringing in a Costa replacement if he leaves. An upgrade RW as well. 

We are heavily linked with Bakayoko, not sure about Conti though. Think we will have to get 5 in and maybe 5 our as well. They don't all need to be World Class, maybe some of the loaned out players can fit in. I am always up for getting the deals done fast and then focus on making them part of the team. When we make final day deals how can they truly gel?

21 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I don't understand the hate towards Costa, I know he can be frustrating to support but he's a goal machine. 

Because he seems like the type of guy that would pull a Carlos Tevez and fly back to Brazil and refuse to play. People don't feel secure with his unpredictable personality.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Chelsea prepare Tolisso/Zouma swap deal?

tolisso.jpg?itok=E9BkqKkL

Chelsea have expressed an interest in Corentin Tolisso according to L'Equipe.

The French daily goes further, claiming that the midfielder could be acquired in exchange for Kurt Zouma, who OL like very much. The French midfielder, who is also liked by Juventus, among others, is considered to be worth at least 40 million, which has driven some clubs away. 

Tolisso himself made some pretty clear statements about wanting to leave this morning, telling Le Progres that he’s planning to leave Lyon in the summer.

“I wanted to play for Lyon last summer because we would have played the Champions League in a new stadium. I thought our team was good enough [for my ambitions] but now I am ready to leave. If there will be offers, I will evaluate them alongside my advisors and tell my President that I want to leave. I’ve listened to his words, he said there are no offers yet, we’ll talk about them when he’ll receive some. I want my situation to be solved as soon as possible but I will be totally focused on my national team until the 13th of June.”

Aulas: "Chelsea players interest us, and the reciprocal is also true."

Looks like there is some truth to this rumor. Think we are looking into offering Traore+Zouma for Tolisso. 

On 6/1/2017 at 2:38 PM, Cannabis said:

If I were you I'd get rid of Zouma, he's had potential for years but never actually done anything. He didn't seem to get much game time either under Conte so it's probably written in the stars that he's moving - going back to France would probably kick start his career.

He didn't get game time because he was injured for more than half of the season.

I don't know if it's been mentioned as I've just got in, but Eden Hazard has apparently broken his right ankle while with the Belgium national team.

The only positive is that it's happened now and in theory shouldn't hinder the start of the season.

Edit: Oops...  Just noticed it's been mentioned a few posts up.  Silly me! :$

Any news on what type of break it is?

Edited by SirBalon

24 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Probably rules out a move to Real Madrid which is a blessing. Despite missing the start of the season this may be good news for Chelsea.

That's exactly what I thought when I heard the news. This is the best thing that could've happened from Chelsea's point of view. 

They really have been fortunate with injuries this year. Go through the whole season without any and then their main man breaks a bone after the season ends to rule out a move away xD 

Edited by LFCMadLad