talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

16 million? Honestly who is negotiating these prices? We should be looking for at least 25-30 million for Traore. 

I agree, but if we are to take the story of Chelsea selling Lukaku to Everton as gospel, when the price seem low for youngsters, it means there is a huge sell on clause in Chelsea's favour. 

We shall see :ay:

7 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

I agree, but if we are to take the story of Chelsea selling Lukaku to Everton as gospel, when the price seem low for youngsters, it means there is a huge sell on clause in Chelsea's favour. 

We shall see :ay:

If we are serious in being self sufficient (which seems to be the case considering our recent policies and business) then why in gods name are we still negotiating such piss poor prices for talented players? Solanke, Traore both have great potential, more so the latter, yet both will leave for less than 30 million. Absolutely absurd. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

If we are serious in being self sufficient (which seems to be the case considering our recent policies and business) then why in gods name are we still negotiating such piss poor prices for talented players? Solanke, Traore both have great potential, more so the latter, yet both will leave for less than 30 million. Absolutely absurd. 

They haven't done anything to be sold that high. 16mil is nearly entirely profit.

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

They haven't done anything to be sold that high. 16mil is nearly entirely profit.

Considering Klaasen went for almost 30 million, and in today's market, we should most definitely be aiming there for Traore. 

Edited by Cicero

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Considering Klaasen went for almost 30 million, and in today's market, we should most definitely be aiming there for Traore. 

I do agree on Bertrand. I felt he had plenty about him and from the games I saw of him last season for Ajax he was progressing nicely.

Like you I feel 16 is light and hope there is something like a buy back clause involved.

This is far more of a disappointment than Solanke

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Do we need a new Centre Back? Or do we rely on Christensen? 

Conte is a smart man, and I'm sure he is well aware that our Cenre backs have weaknesses, particularly dealing with pace. 

Great question, one that takes some answering as there are many pieces of info to take note to find a fair answer.

I know you are a big fan of Christensen. As you know I am not convinced, but if we are re-calling him from his loan & telling him he will be involved in the squad this season, then we must deduce from that someone at the club is prepared to nail their balls to his talent.

For me Zouma is proven in a four in the Premier League. I accept he did not look as comfortable in a 3, but he was fresh back from a awful injury and I would have thought with a good strong pre-season under his belt he performs more to the level before the injury. However, plenty of media smoke stating the club are open to him going out on Loan, which again, gives more fuel to someone nailing their nuts on Christensen.

There is no doubt a natural left footer on the left of the 3 is desirable. Almost all Premier league clubs are in need of a left footer or someone who can play that side with ease which is why the Dutch feller down at Southampton is so pricey. I have to admit I am not a fan of van Dijk. I saw a fair amount of him at Celtic where he went to ground far too often for me. Although I havent seen him as much at Southampton I have been told by a St. Mary's season ticket holder that he still goes to ground and tends to ball watch when marking. As I said, its his ability to play left side which makes him so popular.

I have been told Leonardo Bonucci was on a list of 8 players the manager handed to Marina Granovskaia in April. The player knows of Conte's interest and while he hasnt said no to our manager, if you take what the media in Italy say as gospel, both the player and his club are unlikely to play ball with Chelsea.

Like Virgil van Dijk, Kalidou Koulibaly is a right footed player who plays left side in a 3. When his name first came up as a possible for us during the winter window I started to take in the Napoli games on BT Sport. First impression was he was safe with his left foot, but like Gary, he would always favour his right when he could. Then the price became silly and signing a new contract with a even higher price on his head ruled him out for me. Plus, being African he would fall into missing games with the ACN every other year. Not for me.

Of late we have been linked with Jerome Boateng. I find it difficult to believe Bayern would sell him. Much the same with Lewandowski, but that's a different story.

I agree all 3 of our main 3 at the back have weaknesses. Dave was first exploited by Stoke at home which was copied quickly by Spurs and others. While Luiz benefited from have two rock solid holding midfielders infront of him, he also showed a far better maturity both with and without the ball. His destroying of Gary Neville in a interview after the final game of the league season was one of the highlights of the season for me. It would be nice to find someone to share that middle of the 3 position with him as I am sure we wont be as lucky with injuries. Gary has his faults, but I wouldnt swap him for any other CH playing in the PL. Again, someone to share the position would be great and also release Gary to play his more natural side, which in-turn would release Dave to pressure Moses at RWB.

Just a quick word about two of our youngsters. Jake Clarke-Salter and Fikayo Tomori, both fresh from lifting the under 20 world cup. Both these kids will end up on loan somewhere and in the latter case, I expect him to be a shoe-in somewhere for the whole season. With Kalas & Omeruo being touted as being another 2 of our young players to be sold this window, it would mean the pathway to the first team has been opened for these two. Matt Miazga from what I have seen so far looks a million miles from being PL ready, but I would agree with Neil Barnett, there is something about Miazga to work on. Michael Hector is an interesting one. I have no doubt Steve Clarke was big in tipping him\ getting him to Chelsea. I cant say I have seen that much of the boy, but I am told by people who have seen him who say he is fine on the ball, but struggles a little with the physical side of English football, plus a hot headed attitude often gets him in trouble. Like Miazga, someone at Chelsea must see Hector as a possible. We shall see.

While I agree with you that there needs to be a couple of new faces I have to say I am confident the club will find those faces, they just might not be the ones we have already heard about.

That didnt hurt us last season, but of those original 8 on Conte's list, I for one would love to know how many of them line up in Chelsea Blue next season?

Anyway, far too much opinion from me..... We will see what happens. :ay:

• Upvote 1

Ok, so after losing young Solanke to Liverpool, a little good news that we have done the same to Ajax.

Chelsea have beaten Manchester United, Manchester City and RB Leipzig to the signing of Ajax's 16-year-old wonderkid Daishawn Redan.

Considering young Redan was supposed to be joining City and then United, I am somewhat surprised to read just now he is on his way to Cobham.

I look forward to watching him on Chelsea TV.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-see-manchester-united-battle-10667105

16 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Ok, so after losing young Solanke to Liverpool, a little good news that we have done the same to Ajax.

Chelsea have beaten Manchester United, Manchester City and RB Leipzig to the signing of Ajax's 16-year-old wonderkid Daishawn Redan.

Considering young Redan was supposed to be joining City and then United, I am somewhat surprised to read just now he is on his way to Cobham.

I look forward to watching him on Chelsea TV.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-see-manchester-united-battle-10667105

How is this good news? Maybe for the youth and under 21 sides as well as the business aspect, but he is destined to be playing at vitesse until he is sold for a higher profit. Another Kakuta signing. 

24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How is this good news? Maybe for the youth and under 21 sides as well as the business aspect, but he is destined to be playing at vitesse until he is sold for a higher profit. Another Kakuta signing. 

Profit not a good thing anymore?

Either way, attracting, who some have said the best youngster to come through Ajax ranks for the last decade, has to be a good thing in anyone's eyes.

Hey you were jumping up n down about signing Alex Sandro. 60M for a left back\left wing back is a good thing?

Kakuta was ok till he broke his Ankle ~ Never the same again.

1 minute ago, The Liquidator said:

Profit not a good thing anymore?

Either way, attracting, who some have said the best youngster to come through Ajax ranks for the last decade, has to be a good thing in anyone's eyes.

Hey you were jumping up n down about signing Alex Sandro. 60M for a left back\left wing back is a good thing?

Kakuta was ok till he broke his Ankle ~ Never the same again.

Because Sandro is a signing that would instantly improve us and easily be worth his value, not some youngster who won't ever see the light of day playing in a Chelsea kit with the first team. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Because Sandro is a signing that would instantly improve us and easily be worth his value, not some youngster who won't ever see the light of day playing in a Chelsea kit with the first team. 

Sandro improving us is a matter of opinion. I would much rather spend the money on someone who puts the ball in the net.

100M on 3 left backs when we had a YOUNGSTER who started in the CL final who was let go by Jose.

I ask you again, how is that good news?

6 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Sandro improving us is a matter of opinion. I would much rather spend the money on someone who puts the ball in the net.

100M on 3 left backs when we had a YOUNGSTER who started in the CL final who was let go by Jose.

I ask you again, how is that good news?

How is it a matter of opinion? He has proven to be lethal in Europe as well as domestically, being one of the best LB's in the world and arguably Brazil's best LB both defensively and going forward. 

Every top successful footballing club has exceptional wing backs. Having him and Alonso would improve us tremendously, and would be a definite upgrade on Alonso.

We have the money to get a goal scorer as well as improve other areas. What frustrates me is that instead of achieving these targets, we are too busy buying youngsters titled as 'the next messi' or 'the next ronaldo' yet won't ever reach their potential, loan out to Vitesse, then never to be heard of again. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How is it a matter of opinion? He has proven to be lethal in Europe as well as domestically, being one of the best LB's in the world and arguably Brazil's best LB both defensively and going forward. 

Every top successful footballing club has exceptional wing backs. Having him and Alonso would improve us tremendously, and would be a definite upgrade on Alonso.

We have the money to get a goal scorer as well as improve other areas. What frustrates me is that instead of achieving these targets, we are too busy buying youngsters titled as 'the next messi' or 'the next ronaldo' yet won't ever reach their potential, loan out to Vitesse, then never to be heard of again. 

Well my opinion is, spend the money on a guy who scores 20-25 a season. That improves you where it most counts.

Everyone should have been educated by Juventus spending the Pogba money.

Frankly, Ryan Bertrand's transfer is going to cost us 100M if Sandro turns up. How the hell is that a good thing?

9 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Well my opinion is, spend the money on a guy who scores 20-25 a season. That improves you where it most counts.

Everyone should have been educated by Juventus spending the Pogba money.

Frankly, Ryan Bertrand's transfer is going to cost us 100M if Sandro turns up. How the hell is that a good thing?

You're right. It's not.  Let's just go into the season with Alonso as our only LWB option and ignore the 250 million we have available to spend. Just spend it all on a striker. 

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You're right. It's not.  Let's just go into the season with Alonso as our only LWB option and ignore the 250 million we have available to spend. Just spend it all on a striker. 

Or bring Bertrand back for a third of the money you want to waste on Sandro.

It's that simple. :ay:

1 hour ago, The Liquidator said:

Or bring Bertrand back for a third of the money you want to waste on Sandro.

It's that simple. :ay:

10 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I'd like Bertrand back too, always rated him. Obviously Sandro is the better player. However Ryan and Alonso should do a good job

Southampton wanted more than 50 million for Van Dijk, what makes you think Bertrand would go for any less? 

And in relation to price, Bertrand or Sandro should be a no brainier. 

The ever rising price for Sandro, if completed by ourselves, will place the deal in the same brain dead bracket as the Pogba deal.

It's the kinda deal all other Premier League clubs hope we make and as we stand, we dont have a center forward for next season other than Michy.

So before we start fucking about giving our money away to a club who probably can't believe their luck two summers running,  lets stitch up positions that are essential.

Lastly, you always know when a club are jerking off over a fee they will get for a player..... "We wont stand in his way"

Heard that lately? :ay:

Lukaku

Hazard----------------Pedro

Sandro-----------Bakayoko--------Kante-----Azpilicueta

Van Dijk-------------Luiz--------Christensen

Courtois

Lukaku

Hazard------------Pedro

Kante-----Cesc

Bakayoko

Sandro------Van Dijk-------Luiz-----Azpilicueta

Courtois

Lukaku-----------Batshuayi

Hazard----------------------------------------------Pedro

Kante------------Bakayoko

Sandro----------Van Dijk---------Luiz-------Azpilicueta

Courtois

9 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Best getting a move on over Lukaku, then. 

I think it is already done, just won't be announced until July 1st. Reckon he will be the new signing the club has been talking about.  

They would be taking the piss if the highly anticipated signing was Caballero 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I think it is already done, just won't be announced until July 1st. Reckon he will be the new signing the club has been talking about.  

They would be taking the piss if the highly anticipated signing was Caballero 

I don't think we've even received a bid yet.