talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Fair enough. I've been told off by Stan so we'll have to leave it there mate. 

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if every top club in Europe did the same thing to get around taxes and laws. Paying players under the table, zoning permits, etc.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I'll believe that he owns dozens shell companies throughout the world that he launders money through, with a confusing paper trail to the moon and back. I really doubt he does in a publicly visible company. Love and dreamt of owning them? Pull the other one; there is a grey area between the two extremes. There isn't anything odd about an eccentric billionaire playing football manager. Chelsea is a toy, not a tool. For fucks sake mate, it is public knowledge he owns shell companies in Panama.

I really doubt he needed to buy Chelsea and invest a billion pounds to 'clean his money', he'd have been doing that for the previous decade with far more refined means through internal corruptions and connections. 

Of course he'll have spent a decade doing it. He bought Chelsea on the cheap and every single penny he's put into the club is owed back to him by the club. When he eventually sells up he'll make all his money back and more, whilst meanwhile cleaning all his dirty money in the process... year after year after year, for a decade in fact  

Hes a brilliant business man, absolute genius, but he's using Chelsea and there isn't any doubt about that. 

FOYM - You really think he's doing it for his love of the club? xD

Edited by LFCMadLad

Conte has told Cesc he will have a more involved role than last season. 

That's good to hear, as against teams that like to press against us, we are going to need a 3 man midfield to cope with that. However, Cesc still should be seen behind Bakayoko and Kante. Reason Cesc did so well in the 2nd half of last season (something he isn't known for doing) was that he wasn't burnt out by starting every game. 

So they have bettered his original contract, moneywise. No extension

Point of interest, Are his family still planning to move here, or without the extension, they gonna stay in Italy?

The answer to that will give a clear indication if he feels its just this contract then move on.

I believe this is a good move by the club.

The squad travelling to Beijing is: Thibaut Courtois, Willy Caballero, Eduardo, Marcin Bulka, Cesar Azpilicueta, Gary Cahill, David Luiz, Andreas Christensen, Tomas Kalas, Jake Clarke-Salter, Fikayo Tomori, Marcos Alonso, Victor Moses, Cesc Fabregas, N'Golo Kante, Mario Pasalic, Lewis Baker, Kyle Scott, Pedro, Willian, Kenedy, Charly Musonda Jr, Jeremie Boga, Michy Batshuayi, Loic Remy.

The bolded are kids and players that will highly unlikely make it to the start of next season.

To add on even better news, we are in advanced talks to sign Morata from Real Madrid and Bakayoko's 'injury' was highly exaggerated. He has stayed in London to work on his fitness and should be available come the start of the season. Hazard for weeks now has been walking without a cast. 

Only thing at the moment we have to focus on is a LWB an meeting the HG quota. 

Edited by Cicero

I am hearing we are nowhere near reaching a deal with Madrid for Morata with the fee they are asking as being in "Cloud Cuckoo land"

For the first time the media are reporting our interest in Bayern's Thomas Muller. It's being said he is open to leaving the German club. No word on level of cost, but as I said here a while back, I would be thrilled to see him at Stamford Bridge.

With both clubs meeting in Singapore in a few days, would be an ideal time to thrash out a deal.

Lastly, while their was no extension on Conte's re-vised contract, the club have been at pains to say this morning that both sides are keen to work on a longer deal.

I hope you agree.... sounds strange.

12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Again, Muller seems the exact opposite type of striker than what Conte would want? 

Does Conte have a single ounce of input in transfer dealings? 

Versatile, hard working, and great linkup play. Exactly what Conte looks for in is strikers in a 3-5-2 formation. 

Don't believe the rumors as well, but Muller would be a quality addition. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Versatile, hard working, and great linkup play. Exactly what Conte looks for in is strikers in a 3-5-2 formation. 

Don't believe the rumors as well, but Muller would be a quality addition. 

I might be wrong, but whenever I've seen him play he looks slow and lumbering. Great technique an all that but...

Still need an alternative for LWB as Sandro is staying put. 

Morata/Batshuayi

Hazard/Musonda Jr.----------------Pedro/Willian

LWB*/Alonso-------------------Bakayoko/Baker------Kante/Fabregas--------------Azpilicueta/Moses

Cahill/Alonso----------Luiz/Christensen-----------Rudiger/Azpilicueta

Courtois/Caballero

Interesting to see what role Baker will take in the team, or if Conte is pursuing another CM option. LWB and potentially another CB are a must. 

16 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

75 million!

Will he be an improvement on Costa?

YES! He is a clever player that can use both feet and his head. Not only that but he has shown the gusto to score goals in the 'big' matches. 

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I might be wrong, but whenever I've seen him play he looks slow and lumbering. Great technique an all that but...

Great technique is the last thing Muller has (better than Lukaku though!). He runs around like a lunatic and somehow scores goals from being the right place at the right time. It all comes from his intelligence and physicality. He is one of the scrappiest players, I've ever seen and he reminds me more of a net-crashing ice-hockey player than a footballer. I think he scores more with his knees than anything