talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

12 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Ox apparently refused 180.000k per week from Arsenal, he won't get anywhere close 180k at Chelsea.

Yes, I did raise an Eye at that amount when I read it. He would be a handy signing as he is a jack of many trades and I am sure we will need cover at different times this season.

21 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Yes, I did raise an Eye at that amount when I read it. He would be a handy signing as he is a jack of many trades and I am sure we will need cover at different times this season.

HG, English and good age but for that pay no way

We never hit 5th gear to be honest, i expected far better from Everton as they win or lose always give us a game. I mean i will take the points and won't lose no sleep. With Eden back and a few new signings we might even have some impact of the bench.

Ox looked terrible today, he already left the club in his mind. Not sure if we should pay a high price for him to be honest.

28 minutes ago, True Blue said:

We never hit 5th gear to be honest, i expected far better from Everton as they win or lose always give us a game. I mean i will take the points and won't lose no sleep. With Eden back and a few new signings we might even have some impact of the bench.

Ox looked terrible today, he already left the club in his mind. Not sure if we should pay a high price for him to be honest.

With respect to the Ox, all of his team looked as thou they had downed tools for their club today. Arsenal have been guilty of many poor away performances in the past 5 years, but I felt today was a new low point. As much as I felt G. Neville was over the top with his mouthing off at the Arsenal players, I would find it difficult to defend them. The Ox is believed to have told Wenger "This isnt a Money decision" which probably explains the £180,000 offer. You can offer as much as you like when you know he isnt gonna accept.

Jamie Carragher let slip tonight that the Ox wants to play in the middle of the park and Liverpool would play him there.

I wanted to add it was this time last season our friends in Paris sold us a player who proved one of the best summer signings. With news they are expected to take the boy down at Monaco, they really will need to sell a few players before the end of this window..... Now I just wonder for a deja vu moment for us  :ay:

Edited by The Liquidator

Oxlade-Chamberlain is a good signing - and while that price seems a bit high for him - in this market it's actually fairly reasonable. Chelsea need more depth and homegrown players, the Ox is English and versatile as fuck. Useful on multiple levels.

• Upvote 2

If Matic was a starter then this would be an underwhelming signing alongside Drinkwater, but seeing as Chelsea have Kante, Bako and Fabregas that's not a bad midfield. And then Oz can play on the wing also.

Chelsea haven't strengthened imo, but I think they're equal to last season with Morata up front.

Pleased with Ox even tough he showed very little this season, he can add to the teams depth. With Drinkwater also on the cards i can see us get one more player. We will probably keep Musonda, Tomori and maybe even Kenedy. We will be well covered and if don't have an injury crisis we will do well on all fronts.

53 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Just read on some shit source Ox would earn 220k more than Hazard and that he is going to be the highest paid player in the team xD

xD

As if. His wage demands at Arsenal were just a ploy to have them let him go. 

Our treatment of the youngsters and some of the players we let go aside, I'm happy if the Ox comes. The squad needs someone with his versatility, maybe he'll provide cover for Alonso as well? Probably why Kenedy hasn't left yet as the club are waiting to get someone in.

I don't particularly rate Ox but I think the conditions at Chelsea suit him much better, team has a clear identity with better management at this moment in time. I don't particularly rate a fair few players that regularly play for us anyway and Ox is probably equal to or better than some of them and this is why I don't understand some of the Arsenal fans laughing us, the system prevails here at Chelsea and under Conte at the moment it's a good place for players to develop (youngsters aside of course). The best thing at Chelsea for the Ox is Conte himself. If the Ox goes about it the right way, he'll get game time. His best bet at the moment is probably pushing Moses out the team but that won't be easy.

Edited by carefreeluke

6 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Drinkwater and Barkley can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, sends an awful message to our youngsters as well.

Renato Sanches is the answer.

That boat sailed long time a go mate, the club sent that message long before this window. Drinkwater could add depth and he is a solid player, while Barkley is something we already had bud didn't use, plus he is out for months. Is it a new trend in the club to buy injured players? Also heavily linked with Llorente again who is obviously Conte's love of his life.

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bertrand,

Sanches loan with option to buy,

Ox,

Sanchez. 

That would make this a 10/10 window. 

Wenger and Arsenal would rather die than to sell Sanchez to us. Ox is the first deal we agreed with Arsenal since the Cole/Gallas switch. Doubt Sanches would want to be on the bench as he would considering Kante and Bakayoko would start every big game. I never wanted Ryan out, and i don't see us getting him as we were never linked to him, just rumors. 

Edited by True Blue

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Wenger and Arsenal would rather die than to sell Sanchez to us. Ox is the first deal we agreed with Arsenal since the Cole/Gallas switch. Doubt Sanches would want to be on the bench as he would considering Kante and Bakayoko would start every big game. I never wanted Ryan out, and i don't see us getting him as we were never linked to him, just rumors. 

Arsenal are at a point where they could be in a total collapse. Sanchez and Ozil risked losing on a free come January. Ox already gone. They only have three centre backs as well as playing Bellerin at LWB. Not to mention Wenger for two more years. 

Desperate times comes for desperate measures. 

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD be realistic mate xD

Kylian Hazard signs

Kylian Hazard has today signed for Chelsea from Hungarian side Ujpest, and will join our development squad.

The 22-year-old, a younger brother of Eden, is an attacking midfielder who started his professional career in his native Belgium, first with White Star Brussels and then Zulte-Waregem. He joined Ujpest in the summer of 2015 and played 42 times for them. 

Chelsea’s development squad is next in action at home to Sunderland on Saturday 9 September. 

chelseafc.com

Tipped to be better than Eden :coffee: