talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Athletic are playing fast and loose by what is 'Basque' these days as well. To be consodered Basque all it takes it to play in the youth team of any Basque based club, Or in Laporte's case have Basque great grandparents. Your son could play for Athletic if he played for Alaves' youth team...

Back to the other debate, you essentially back up what I said in the 'Mourinho' thread when I said to Madlad that 'to foreighers there is no difference to Liverpool, Chelsea, etc' because the context of what makes them special to you doesn't exist. I'm not saying the clubs are the same but the perception outside is usually so. 

Wrong again. When clubs like Liverpool and Utd go on tours to Asia, Australia and America, the places are packed out. The frenzy is amazing.

When Chelsea and City arrive in said places, nobody gives a fuck. 

Even when they play at home City can't fill their ground and Chelsea have to hand out plastic flags to get any sort of atmosphere going. 

Joke clubs. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wrong again. When clubs like Liverpool and Utd go on tours to Asia, Australia and America, the places are packed out. The frenzy is amazing.

When Chelsea and City arrive in said places, nobody gives a fuck. 

You still have no idea! I'm not talking about popularity, I'm talking about perception. 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

It is like people read what they want to read, then tell me I was trying to say something else.

Maybe then you should explain yourself better because it seems nobody has a clue what you're on about except you? You are constantly moving the goalposts pal. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Christ xD

You haven't argued against any point I've made mate! In fact I agree with the points you have made ffs. 

If you go ask nearly any American the fundamental differences between Chelsea and Liverpool are they will probably reply 'one is red and one is blue' and nothing else. I'm not saying that is the case but due to cultural differences perception isn't the same and Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Liverpool, etc are all lumped together without much difference. Trust me! I know this, I've lived in these countries and I know these people and how they think. To me and you of course there is a difference, but we are fans of the sport not some fairweather wih a passing interest

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Maybe then you should explain yourself better because it seems nobody has a clue what you're on about except you? You are constantly moving the goalposts pal. 

What goalposts have I moved!? First people talk about success, than stadium sell outs! I'm just talking about perception, you are the one that keeps bringing in random tidbits

I was at the game & have watched numerous highlight packages since the game.

Not sure the boy has got the credit for his performance on Saturday. Callum Wilson was as hot as Mustard during the first half, ripping David Luiz a new one and terrorizing our back four with his pace. He should have scored and we should be thankful he didnt and for manager Eddie Howe's decision to move him up against Alonso after he had got booked. That gave Luiz some relief until half time. Come the 2nd half Wilson wasnt as effective, but still managed to get Kante booked who waas covering for the two invisible other midfielders caught upfield again .

Before we move onto our forward play I want to highlight one of the times Luiz lost the ball causing keystone kop running back defending. The ball ended up between the positions of Luiz and Alonso, the chase starting around the half way line. Kante ran from the right side, passing Jorginho who looked like he was running in sand, before blocking the attack. Kovacic nowhere to be seen. Better teams will have a field day, pretty much like the Arsenal 20 mins, if we dont tighten up.

For all the pretty play of Kovacic & Jorginho, we get very few clear chances from either player. It's the partnership of Hazard & Alonso which produces the clear chances, something which is now being pointed out by a few pundits, a couple of weeks behind me. For me we can do with just the one from the start, moving Kante to the middle as he is at a huge disadvantage starting on the right n using one of our more powerful midfielders to support the woeful CF. During the first half it was obvious to everyone how our attacks failed from midfield to CF. If teams are going to continue to set up 5 4 1 against us, then we need to think carefully how we can get the ball further up the pitch.

Both Willian and Hazard played well during the first half, often moving the ball inside which would have benefited more if we had a CF who is born to lead the line. Morata isnt that guy. Feller sitting next to me in the ground said at least Torres used to run about n make a nuisance of himself, this bloke is more of a lamp post without any light at all. Up to now it looks like he is right. Manager waits for 60 mins n hooks him. Point of order about the 2 other CF's we have now out on loan. Mitchy is third string at Valencia, impact sub. He could be that here. Tammy gone down a division, which is the correct decision if he isnt going to play for us.

Anyway, 4 from 4 should not be harshly thought of. We have been lucky with the fixtures, with Cardiff at home next. While there is alot I dont agree with, the managers positional selections, he can do no more than he has. Wonderful start and from what we have seen of the teams who we expect to be finishing in the top positions come the end of the season, I believe we, along with United have the most progressiveness in us. We could be much better with a couple of tweaks or better selections. I am told this manager is not one for change. We will see.

Two weeks before proper football returns ~ Time to get the Golf clubs back out while our players go raise money for the people in control of their countries football associations.

I Always found those of people who continually berate Willian or Alonso as more  "know nothings" than most others. Remarkable how many of them were so desperate to recruit this manager who has selected both players, in Chelsea's 4th win out of four.

Crazy you yet again slate Kovacic and Jorginho for not creating chances, yet continue to praise Willian who undoubtedly slows every play we create in the final third. You conveniently failed to mentioned as soon as Pedro comes on, we score. 

Not even going to bother at this rate. 

28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Crazy you yet again slate Kovacic and Jorginho for not creating chances, yet continue to praise Willian who undoubtedly slows every play we create in the final third. You conveniently failed to mentioned as soon as Pedro comes on, we score. 

Not even going to bother at this rate. 

A lot of English people are typically impressed by players that run a lot. 

10 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Anyway, 4 from 4 should not be harshly thought of. We have been lucky with the fixtures, with Cardiff at home next.

Agreed.. Let's not forget that our start has been a fairly easy one and apart from meeting Arsenal who were not exactly firing on all cylinders we have not had a serious title rival to worry about just yet. Still, these are games we have got the points from and that's the main thing, City and Spurs have had a hiccup already and we are bound to do the same at some point or other...

Sarri football seems to be all quick pass and attack which in honesty we have been gagging to see but still struggling a bit to unlock those stubborn defences at times despite all the possession. We are witnessing the New Manager effect right now where all the players are up for it and putting in all the right effort that clearly was not there a lot of times last season.. Sarri has dispensed with some of Contes old rules and restrictions and that has of course got the buy in from the players and they seem to be enjoying their football.. 

Still a lot for the team to be doing as a defensive unit and just feel that the main focus seems to be on attacking as the priority and defensive duties as a secondary consideration... He said give it 2 to 3 months so let's see how the team have improved by then.. 

Also has a unusual feature:

The NikeConnect technology is available in selected markets*, and enables fans to access exclusive experiences and exciting competitions through the Nike app by connecting with the logo on the shirt label. It comes to football for the first time with the Blues, having been used successfully across the NBA.

Chelsea FC commercial director, Chris Townsend OBE, said: ‘We are delighted to be working alongside Nike to bring our supporters a real innovation with the introduction of NikeConnect technology in our third kit.

‘This is a world first for football and highlights the strength of the relationship between Nike and the club. We hope our fans will enjoy tapping in to unlock exclusive Nike and Chelsea experiences and prizes as we make our way through the 2018/19 campaign.’