• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 2-2 Liverpool - Saturday 17th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So you think maths should be used in decision making in a game of football?

Fuck me.

It's not a fucking goal. Like it or not it's not a goal. In the same way if you handball accidentally in the penalty area it's a penalty. I don't have to like it. It's still the rules. Thats  not var's fault or the referees fault. It's a rule that maybe needs to be looked at.

15 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

For what it’s worth, it’s offside by the absolute letter of the law IF it’s been judged to have been the shoulder offside. However, it’s fucking stupid and football was never meant to be judged like this. For me, VAR was originally meant to assist with massive issues of offside when it was clear and obvious. If you can’t look at a still for 5 m/10 seconds and can’t judge, then for me it’s too close to call and you should move on. Defenders are getting away with it, whilst attackers are effectively being punished. It’s wrong on every level and does make a mockery of the game. 

However, it’s the rules and referees at fault, not the actual technology of VAR. I’ll keep saying this over and over again. Don’t get rid of VAR, get rid of the fucking stupid way in which it’s being used.

Its not even the referees fault. Before var it would have been given. Now with var it isn't. Perhaps some kind of tolerance rule needs to be bought in. However that could cause more problems. In ten years no one will care. 

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's not a fucking goal. Like it or not it's not a goal. In the same way if you handball accidentally in the penalty area it's a penalty. I don't have to like it. It's still the rules. Thats  not var's fault or the referees fault. It's a rule that maybe needs to be looked at.

Yes it was. 

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

If Van Dijk and Thiago are out for long periods of time it’s going to be difficult to retain the league. 

Everton will again claim they stopped Liverpool winning the league. 

Dirty shithouses they are.

22 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nah, you mentioned arms and hands in other posts you made. You got the offside rule wrong, which @Cicero pointed out. You came in here saying some ludicrous shite, and have now piggybacked on to other members who have actually made decent arguments. 

I said I meant shoulder and said elbow by mistake   @Cicerogot a quote from wikipedia which proves your shoulder can be offside. You haven't made any good arguments all you have done is stamped your foot and said I dont like it

18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Burning Gold I think the premier league have to take responsibility though. They should come out and explain the maths behind it so people understand it better rather than let pundits who dont understand it explain it.  Mark Chapman is the only pundit who seems to get it.  I did see a video one where a maths student explained it abit so I'm sure they could

The level of discourse around VAR in general is absolutely shocking. People repeatedly spout falsehoods about players being given offside because of hands/arms and go unchallenged. After every game, social media is filled with 2D images where a player "doesn't look offside" and this is considered conclusive evidence over calculated parallel lines which make perspective a non-issue. Some people don't understand the tech/process, but some people are luddites who will never accept it. There are a lot of those in football, both as supporters and pundits

I do think an explainer would help some, but it would require a) people to challenge their preconceived notions and b) the football authorities to embrace transparency and accountability. Neither of those are happening to a meaningful extent any time soon.

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Everton will again claim they stopped Liverpool winning the league. 

Dirty shithouses they are.

Let's not take much notice of TAD. He'd written Liverpool off when Alisson went off against Norwich in the first game last season

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

If there’s angles that show he’s offside, they should fucking show us those angles then. Not just show us a frame where he looks onside and say “well he’s not.”

I agree with you mate. But at the same time surely someone as intelligent as yourself should at least consider that maybe they have seen something you haven't 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I agree with you mate. But at the same time surely someone as intelligent as yourself should at least consider that maybe they have seen something you haven't 

Why should I fucking trust the referees, they’re a bunch of cunts.

5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

The level of discourse around VAR in general is absolutely shocking. People repeatedly spout falsehoods about players being given offside because of hands/arms and go unchallenged. After every game, social media is filled with 2D images where a player "doesn't look offside" and this is considered conclusive evidence over calculated parallel lines which make perspective a non-issue. Some people don't understand the tech/process, but some people are luddites who will never accept it. There are a lot of those in football, both as supporters and pundits

I do think an explainer would help some, but it would require a) people to challenge their preconceived notions and b) the football authorities to embrace transparency and accountability. Neither of those are happening to a meaningful extent any time soon.

So you’re slagging the masses off for not understanding something that they haven’t been shown? You say it’s scientific, but not once has the process in the decision making her explained to anybody. We go on angles that we are shown, with no explanation to decisions that look ridiculous. 

“level of discourse” I don’t know how you can expect us to trust the “experts” when they are the ones that give Man Utd a penalty after the full time whistle, yet won’t do anything about that red card offence from Pickford “because the whistle was blown for offside”. Fuck that, I don’t trust any of these clowns, they make shit house decisions on the regular and don’t have to take any accountability for any of them. 

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

In ten years time maybe  people will just except that of you are a tiny bit offside then you are offside. The fact is though as I said before even if we had a super computer that never made mistakes referee the game people would still moan. I mean the people who complain about a decision being given offside when  it was only a few millimetres would no doubt moan if a goal was given against them and the opposition team was 2 millimetres offside 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well they can say whatever they want in that case then?

Its fucking obsurd haha 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why should I fucking trust the referees, they’re a bunch of cunts.

Well they're actually not mate. There is actually a lot of training that goes into refereing a game. Its very easy to criticize mate. Have you ever referereed a game?

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well they're actually not mate. There is actually a lot of training that goes into refereing a game. Its very easy to criticize mate. Have you ever referereed a game?

Going by this logic, you can’t criticise a single Arsenal player for the rest of your life because you’ve never played professional football. 

No I haven’t, but it’s also not my job to be a referee. But why do some other countries have better officials on the whole than us? VAR exists because they can’t be trusted, though. And when VAR does what it does today, VAR exists to really only highlight that they shouldn’t be trusted in England because they can’t even get the decisions right with replays (based off what they’re showing us).

And I’m not going to trust that they’re going off more than what they’re showing us, because after the he absolute shitshow we saw last season with VAR... it is in their interests to be transparent as fuck.

But they aren’t, so I’m not going to believe they aren’t showing us to best angles they’ve got.

Just now, Rick said:

Going by this logic, you can’t criticise a single Arsenal player for the rest of your life because you’ve never played professional football. 

I dont call them a bunch of chants though. I'm realistic about how hard it is to be a professional footballer in the same way I'm realistic about how hard it is to be a referee.

@Dr. GonzoAt the end of the day liverpool will get more decisions go for them over the season that  most teams so dont feel to sorry for yourself 

Tbh I think that’s a load of bollocks. People always say we get more decisions than other sides and call us LiVARpool, but I’m pretty sure we’re in the bottom half of sides that got helped out by the officials last season.

People understand that i millimetre is offside and that maths and shit like that is used to come to that decision.

Im saying it SHOULDNT be. Its totally ruining the game.

Also, as people have said.. they can tell us anything they want saying maths was used and that basically we should ignore what is shown on the screen to millions of people. 

Currupt fuckheads the lot of them.

• The title was changed to Everton 2-2 Liverpool - Saturday 17th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived