The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-3 LIVERPOOL - Thursday 28th January, 2021

football forums

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Ok but that doesn't make Matip 'a joke. 

have you ever known a human to break as easy as him. ive seen african player say they are 25 when they are 29 but this dude says he is 29 but he seems like he is 55 

Yeah I won’t bash Matip as a person for being fragile. It’s both Klopp & the clubs fault for not prioritising centre backs when making signings last summer. Matip has never been reliably fit for us, so you cant even say it’s a freak situation. He should never have been our only natural replacement for VVD & Gomez.

I’ll be pissed off beyond words if we do nothing in the next couple of days. which I know means I’ll most likely end up being pissed of beyond words. 

12 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah I won’t bash Matip as a person for being fragile. It’s both Klopp & the clubs fault for not prioritising centre backs when making signings last summer. Matip has never been reliably fit for us, so you cant even say it’s a freak situation. He should never have been our only natural replacement for VVD & Gomez.

I’ll be pissed off beyond words if we do nothing in the next couple of days. which I know means I’ll most likely end up being pissed of beyond words. 

Every club should minimum have 4 centre backs of a certain quality ready to go, the fact that you don’t have cover after Mario is a failure in planning imo. The kids stepping in clearly aren’t up to it 

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Should Kane have come off after the first ankle injury? Looked in a lot of discomfort from it. 

Mourinho doesn’t take injured players off who think they can play through, one of the reasons I think it was Ndombele struggled last season under Jose because he wouldn’t play through injury.

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Every club should minimum have 4 centre backs of a certain quality ready to go, the fact that you don’t have cover after Mario is a failure in planning imo. The kids stepping in clearly aren’t up to it 

we did have 4 centre backs at the start of the season but they all got injured. it dont matter if you have 10 centre backs if all 10 are injured. how is that failure in planning. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Mourinho doesn’t take injured players off who think they can play through, one of the reasons I think it was Ndombele struggled last season under Jose because he wouldn’t play through injury.

Yes, good point. I remember the row he had with the physio at Chelsea when Hazard got injured. Had a massive go at her for no reason. 

9 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

we did have 4 centre backs at the start of the season but they all got injured. it dont matter if you have 10 centre backs if all 10 are injured. how is that failure in planning. 

We had 3, of whom Gomez is injury prone and Matip even more so. Horrendous failure in planning. Going in with 3 centre backs was a massive risk and it's gone south.

Then the only reliable one of the three went down in about October and it was an even bigger failure not to plan a short-term replacement

If this injury to Matip is as serious as it sounds, there's no question we need to get someone in, but that's been the case since van Dijk got injured, so I'm not expecting anything now

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

We had 3, of whom Gomez is injury prone and Matip even more so. Horrendous failure in planning. Going in with 3 centre backs was a massive risk and it's gone south.

Then the only reliable one of the three went down in about October and it was an even bigger failure not to plan a short-term replacement

If this injury to Matip is as serious as it sounds, there's no question we need to get someone in, but that's been the case since van Dijk got injured, so I'm not expecting anything now

we had matip gomez vvd and fabinho who can play CB. we needed to buy someone that could take the strain off the front 3 so we got jota. are you saying the plan should have been to forget about jota and plan for every player at the club that can play CB to get injured.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

we had matip gomez vvd and fabinho who can play CB. we needed to buy someone that could take the strain off the front 3 so we got jota. are you saying the plan should have been to forget about jota and plan for every player at the club that can play CB to get injured.

Be honest, Fabinho is a central midfielder. Yes he can play there but any side would much rather have a centre back playing there as opposed to moving a midfielder in there. And Liverpool are better for having Fabinho in midfield than anywhere else, even if he can do a job in defence. 

Just now, Stan said:

Be honest, Fabinho is a central midfielder. Yes he can play there but any side would much rather have a centre back playing there as opposed to moving a midfielder in there. And Liverpool are better for having Fabinho in midfield than anywhere else, even if he can do a job in defence. 

i agree with that but planning a transfer window thinking that every player that can play CB at the club might get injured is crazy. 

Archived