Arsenal - LDWLW

Last 3 Meetings
08/11/2020 - Arsenal 0-3 Aston Villa
21/07/2020 - Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal
22/09/2019 - Arsenal 3-2 Aston Villa

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa's defending has been really organised so far, if you watch Arsenal's centre mids with the ball Villa press them in numbers and good timing, Arsenal are only playing with one man up front which has allowed one of the centre backs to push forward should Arsenal find possession between Villa's midfield and defence

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Danny said:

Villa's defending has been really organised so far, if you watch Arsenal's centre mids with the ball Villa press them in numbers and good timing, Arsenal are only playing with one man up front which has allowed one of the centre backs to push forward should Arsenal find possession between Villa's midfield and defence

Villa are finding it easy to defend. Forcing arsenal to play it out wide then double up on Saka and Pepe with Grealish and Traore putting in a shift tracking back. 

Villa comfortable really. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Villa are finding it easy to defend. Forcing arsenal to play it out wide then double up on Saka and Pepe with Grealish and Traore putting in a shift tracking back. 

Villa comfortable really. 

Yeah, tactically Villa have got this spot on so far and I think Arteta needs to bring on Odegaard as Arsenal need more fluid attacks through the middle.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yeah, tactically Villa have got this spot on so far and I think Arteta needs to bring on Odegaard as Arsenal need more fluid attacks through the middle.

Aubameyang or Martinelli too. Give Lacazette some support and provide some movement in final third. 

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Matthew Ryan will prove to be a good signing for Arsenal. Assuming he'll be #1, he'll do well I think as he has shown today (for the most part)

I'm sure Leno will be re-instated once his ban is over.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Matthew Ryan will prove to be a good signing for Arsenal. Assuming he'll be #1, he'll do well I think as he has shown today (for the most part)

He won't be #1. Leno is. 

Arsenal had come back in to this earlier on but they've got to a point they seem to have run out of ideas a little. 

• Administrator

One thing I find annoying about Arsenal today is they would often get to position just inside the box near the touchline and be afraid to cross, even if 2 or 3 players are in the box. They'll turn back out and recycle it a bit too much. Gives time for Villa to organise and pick up players again. 

7 minutes ago, N U F C said:

I'm sure Leno will be re-instated once his ban is over.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

He won't be #1. Leno is. 

Arsenal had come back in to this earlier on but they've got to a point they seem to have run out of ideas a little. 

Is Leno even good though? I don't know a lot but when I've seen Leno the few times I haven't been impressed to be honest. Both for Arsenal and Germany.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Is Leno even good though? I don't know a lot but when I've seen Leno the few times I haven't been impressed to be honest. Both for Arsenal and Germany.

He's been good for Arsenal in my opinion. 

• Administrator
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Grealish truly is the worlds biggest fanny.

Hate some of the stuff he does but what did he actually get booked for and why did the free kick go to Arsenal at the end there xD

Archived