talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2020 Discussion Thread

football forum

• Subscriber

FC Andorra - 2021/22

With promotion to the second tier finally secured after what was a relatively arduous route, Andorra would be playing in the second tier for the first time in their history. League rules for the second tier dictate that your stadium must hold 6,000 fans, with ours holding a measly 1,221, however you did get two years to sort this before you would have to relocate, and the board were delighted to announce that we had a new 6,800 stadium coming ahead of next season (2022/23) in the capital city, Andorra la Vella. This is the first time in my memory I have seen a club move location - we currently played in the village of Encamp, though this is quite near to Andorra la Vella.

As stated, I want the team identity to be about a winning mentality, a team that does use the dark arts, any means necessary to gain that upper hand and rub teams up the wrong way. I want aggressive players, and more imporantly, I want players with bottle. Those who relish the pressure rather than cave under it. You can have all the talent in the world but if you cannot deal with the mental side of the game, you won't achieve anything.

I accept we are going to be quite limited. We are handed no transfer budget but an increase in the wages - which I'm happy enough with really, it's fun splashing the money but wages are the real marker I think of how good your team is, if you're paying them sensibly that is. We moved to the loan market and to free agents.

image.thumb.png.4830050709df4856e6a1854da68acc48.png

The most notable signings were obviously the loanees, but particularly Loureiro, Ebimbe and Correia. Pierre Zebli too I felt was a real coup for us. He's quite a highly rated youngster on the game that had lost his way a bit, released by Genk, he's also very high in aggression and relishes the big matches, he's the ideal signing for us.

The long-term aim of course is to get to La Liga but this year for me was just about survival. I felt that if we managed to survive this year, we would gradually progress towards the top of the table and eventually get ourselves into La Liga. The step up I felt was going to be significant and with us being predicted 21st, we were in for a battle. It would be horrific to drop back into that bastard of a third tier so it was vital we stayed up.

We kicked off the season at none other than Cultural Leonesa, the club we beat to get promoted initially, although they had managed to get themselves up at the second bite at the cherry that you get for winning the league. We won. It was pretty comfortable really, 0-1 it ended with a relatively late goal but we were comforably better than them throughout the game, perfect. The first home game was a draw with Tenerife, an impressive performance again though, although we tasted defeat in our third outing with a 0-1 loss to Huesca, missing a penalty in injury time.

September looked tough on paper with trips to Granada and Leganes, and home games with Racing Santander and Real Zaragoza. We won all four of them. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. We looked like we belonged at this level and went into October 3rd in the table. I think it was safe to say we weren't going to be relegated.

We wobbled in our next two games but bounced back with further away wins at Las Palmas and Elche. Our away record was sensational.

image.thumb.png.bc98a83acc6f5324cbe9c8e331f2705a.png

November however saw us hit our slump with three defeats in a row, although we did face the two best sides in the league in Barcelona B (who were far too good for this league) and Sporting Gijon, before a very disappointing defeat by Valladolid. Thankfully Real Madrid's reserves are shit, and we beat them 0-2 for what was only our second clean sheet of the season - one of my few concerns, it was quite un-Andorra. We'd kept clean sheets in about 60% of our games in the third tier over two years so it was a little disappointing even if unsurprising.

December was another poor month though and I felt that it was time to experiment a bit with my formation. We sat around 9th in the table at the half way mark which is brilliant, but I think it would be daft to think we might go up, and even if we did we wouldn't be ready for La Liga. Was nice to finally win a cup game with these though, even if we were up against complete rabble.

image.thumb.png.184a35d22a9348dee2e80d31160be6b9.png

No January business was done but I did think it was time to change my approach a bit. I didn't like how many goals we were conceding and moved to a 4-3-3 with a DM - harsh on Bicho who had played well at number 10 but we needed to become a bit more solid, and I felt in Waldo and Correia on the wings and Appeh up front we had a pretty steady side with pace on the break. I was impressed with January, very impressed in-fact. It was a busy month due to the cup run, which was ended by none other than Barcelona, but I felt things had improved this month bar one piss poor collapse at Numancia, though in truth I think that was as much down to poor squad rotation from me around the cup games.

image.thumb.png.3bb80654ac66bf897d831d8a7506876e.png

February was significant. This was the month where I actually started to believe we had a chance of promotion to La Liga. We just weren't going away. I felt like we could go away to nearly anybody in the league (ie, everyone except Barca B) and pinch a win. March was more of the same. The formation was working a treat. We were still scoring goals and we weren't giving them up. Every single time a game was tight I fancied us to just get that one chance and deliver the assassins bullet. There's a particular resilience about this side. There's a genuine winning mentality. I'm always at ease that we have it covered.

image.thumb.png.e6498c037565c74a29b1c0625d769b65.png

At this point I'm feeling like promotion is a genuine possibility. Barcelona B have walked the league but cannot be promoted, the those who finish 2nd and 3rd go up automatically and those from 4th to 7th go into the play-offs. I enter a tricky April with a very disappointing collapse at home to Las Palmas, but a seriously impressive win, probably our best yet, away at Sporting Gijon. 0-1 yet again with a late goal. Barcelona B make easy work of us but we win at Real Valladolid. At this point it looks like we will at worst get a play-off place, with a pretty favourable run-in to come.

We draw at home to an in form RM Castilla, absolutely smash Albacete at home and send them down in the process in what was one of the funniest bits of tactical suicide I have seen from an opponent on this. We beat Numancia with two games left knowing that two wins will see us promoted to La Liga, which is simply remarkable.

These games are away at Cadiz and away at Deportivo. Both of those teams sit in the play-offs. We win at Cadiz. Cadiz have collapsed and fall outside of the play-offs for the first time all season after looking a good bet to finish in the automatics at one point.

image.thumb.png.a0f4224394042e4da74a1d7a79c09517.png

So we enter June. We sit 3rd in the table. Sporting Gijon have been promoted and will be joined by either us or Almeria.

We go to 6th placed Deportivo. Almeria go to Sporting Gijon. If we win, we're up. If we don't, and Almeria win, they're up. Any other scenario - we're up. We're 2 ahead of them with a poorer goal difference and level on H2H.

It's Almeria's day.

image.thumb.png.8885db9111d3b6b822db0bb1c1e45b08.png

4th place it is. Almeria have done what we've been doing all season, while our impressive performance just didn't yield that goal this time. Disappointing but you can't slate them. It's remarkable that we're even in the discussion, let alone still in with a good chance of doing it. Deportivo would meet Granada in the play-off semi final and we would face Leganes once again, after already beating them twice in the league and away in the Copa Del Rey. I'm not confident. Leganes are on a high, have won five on the bounce and not even conceded a goal in that time. They're the form team of the league.

image.thumb.png.ec81b823270dceddf5fa70f2dc0a392e.png

A highly entertaining day that failed to yield a goal. I was a bit torn on it. It's a good result that stopped their winning run and once again, we played well, but with away goals counting in this it puts us under pressure in the home leg - though the rules in Spain dictate that if we were to draw 0-0 again, we'd go through as the higher seed. I felt we could do it, but it wasn't going to be easy.

image.thumb.png.e932c9cd1875cea40757c97887bf88da.png

No mistakes made. Leganes took the lead in the second half but VAR ruled the goal offside much to my relief. We got the goal and then sealed it later on. It was yet another example of the team really delivering where it mattered. This lined up the play-off final, over two legs, against Deportivo - the team who had just denied us on the final day. 32 Andorra fans made the trip to A.Coruna up against a packed out Riazor. I fancied us. I don't know why, but I just did.

................................................................................

image.thumb.png.c87fd42856ebc23fb3057f2fb107ae93.png

Simply sensational. Deportivo had quite an injury crisis going into the game and we were tired, but a lot more ready than they were. Waldo gave us the lead with a lovely finish and when he put the second in, to be honest, I knew we were there. I knew we just weren't going to blow this. The team is resilient. Deportivo couldn't get near us all game. Appeh adding another two on the break late on compiled their misery, and even drew applause from the home support. The absolute nobodies had blown them away.

Surely this was it. Or was there one final twist?

Absolutely not. Our final ever game in Encamp was drab, three goals ruled out from VAR for us and Deportivo pinched a late winner, but it didn't matter, 4-1 on aggregate and Andorra have against all odds made La Liga. Quite possibly the most unbelievable promotion I've had on FM yet. This one is right up there anyway.

We've done it. What an unbelievable effort.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Cracking stuff there. 

Are there any further stadium requirements in La Liga @Dan

Yep, the minimum is 15,000 xD I don't quite know how Eibar have gotten away with it for as long as they have done. It's another where we're given two years but is it realistic to expect us to have a 15,000 ground in that time? Would be quite something if we did mind.

We move into the imaginatively named FC Andorra Stadium in July.

There is a HUGE catch for this season by the way. So in Spain the second tier ends very late anyway, my final game of the season was 19th June 2022.

This season is the Qatar World Cup, so the season starts earlier, it starts 30th July 2022.

So our pre-season is under fucking six weeks. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Subscriber

I'm genuinely loving this save, our progress is rapid. I have a bit of a problem though regarding improving the national team - can't poach Brazilians and Argentines to play for Andorra is it takes 25 years to get citizenship over there. This is also a pain in the arse for non-EU players in my squad as well. In Spain if a South American plays there for two years he picks up Spanish citizenship. We don't get this.

Another busy summer and we're now in a position to spend a little bit without having to sell big. The main signing being Jamie McGrath who we've had on loan from St Mirren for the last three seasons.

More than happy with this squad and hopefully it can push us towards a play off spot this season. Unfortunately I think Motherwell are going to be far too strong at the top of the league

Screenshot_20200420-110216.png

Screenshot_20200420-110254.png

Screenshot_20200420-110409.png

• Subscriber

I've looked at some of those players and they're a higher calibre of player than I thought they would be. Not necessarily cunty enough to be part of my Andorra gang of rogues but they're decent. I like that Erhahon.

On 17/04/2020 at 12:23, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Well I can see this being a little bit of a struggle. Basically the quality of my team bar about 4-5 players is poor, so a lot of purchases need to be made. However, a lot of players available are either expensive (considering I need to look over the majority of the pitch, I can't go too nuts for one player) or simply not good enough. 

I have made one purchase which, on the basis of cost compared to others and potential ability, could be a key signing. 

Screenshot_20200417_122218_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Signed for £12m plus Lankester (who I signed on a free last season but didn't really do much). Has some potential to improve as well. A gamble as his signing has cost me a good chunk of my budget, but with the prices quoted for others being much higher, this was possibly the best I can get. 

Well this has turned out better than expected. Following the Qatar World Cup which I completely forgot about (I was wondering why we didn't have a game for nearly two months), we currently sit 4th in the table (don't ask) with wins against Liverpool and Chelsea among them, despite the lack of signings.

However, they have paid off as the majority have been key, with Mavwhathisface from Arsenal and Eric Garcia from Man City as my centre backs, with Gelhardt, who has seen his valuation rise to £34.5m in the short time I've had him, in top form, if a tad inconsistent. He needs to sign a new contract as he has a £50m release clause which could easily be activated. 

We could be having an interesting January as I may have pulled Feyenoord's pants down. I've had Timothy Fosu-Mensah playing in a defensive midfield role and while he has been good, he is replaceable. Feyenoord and another team came in with offers of £7.5m (his valuation is £6.75m), so I negotiated a higher value as I did need him. The other team withdrew bit Feyenoord didn't back down. I continued to negotiate the higher value and in the end, Feyenoord will sign Fosu-Mensah in the January window for £20m, of which I'll receive £16m and Man U will get £4m due to the 20% sell on clause. Not bad for a player I paid £1m for. 

On top of the £23m I still have from the summer window, this'll give me nearly £40m for a replacement and further signings to improve the squad. This will get interesting. 

• Subscriber

You can properly rip teams off on this game. I sold this winger who was about 4th choice for me at Gladbach for £35mil. Salzburg came in for him for about £18mil and I thought I'll mess them around here and ask for £35mil and the twats went and offered it xD couldn't believe it.

The most ridiculous bit of business I've seen so far is Wolves paying £63mil (sixty three million pounds!!!) for Callum Wilson, off the back of a very mediocre season with Bournemouth. Mind blowingly shit value.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

You can properly rip teams off on this game. I sold this winger who was about 4th choice for me at Gladbach for £35mil. Salzburg came in for him for about £18mil and I thought I'll mess them around here and ask for £35mil and the twats went and offered it xD couldn't believe it.

The most ridiculous bit of business I've seen so far is Wolves paying £63mil (sixty three million pounds!!!) for Callum Wilson, off the back of a very mediocre season with Bournemouth. Mind blowingly shit value.

I had a proper poker game for Johnson Clarke-Harris with Nottingham Forest. They offered one million at the start of the window. Managed to get three million for him on deadline day.

Albeit he's scored more goals for them than we have as a team in the first seven games. So I'm not sure if were actually winning xD

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I had a proper poker game for Johnson Clarke-Harris with Nottingham Forest. They offered one million at the start of the window. Managed to get three million for him on deadline day.

Albeit he's scored more goals for them than we have as a team in the first seven games. So I'm not sure if were actually winning xD

I do think you can do that a lot on this game. There was another instance of a player I had at Bochum called Pierre Biada. He was a regen winger. He was OK but nothing special in my opinion, but Dortmund kept sniffing around him and did that annoying gradual increase from shit bid to slightly less shit bid, to slightly less shit bid, and so on, eventually they got up to around £1.2mil on deadline day. To tell them to fuck off I went and asked for six million and the twats went and paid it!!!

Only for the deal to end up falling through anyway.

For me to then leave Bochum, and for them to sell him that very summer to Dortmund for £850k. Sums their shit board up.

• Subscriber

FC Andorra - 2022/23 (Part one - July to October, the pre-World Cup)

The dust has barely even left people's bodies, let alone settled, and we're called back for the next obstacle. The big one. It's La Liga. To summarise for those who haven't followed from the start...

2019/20 - We began in the third tier of the Spanish system and had a decent chance to get out of it, albeit in a league that's tough by its very nature. We played well for a lot of the season but collapsed like a pack of cards at the end, and despite spending nearly all season in the play-off places, would drop out on the very final day with a home defeat by Valencia Mestalla, meaning we finished 5th.

2020/21 - Despite losing a lot of money in our first year the owner threw me a real second bite at the cherry and loaned the club some money. Therefore we had to go up in my opinion. We did. I spent the summer finally putting a real marker on the club with transfer business, hoping to install a winners mentality and a nasty edge. We won the league ahead of nearest challengers Alcorcon then beat Cultural Leonesa over two legs to go up, winning the 2nd leg away from home. We then played Gimnastic de Tarragona in the play-off final, despite both sides already being up, and won 5-0 on aggregate making us the champions of the third tier. Andorra were in the second tier for the first time in their history and the new owners that had taken over late in the season announced that the coming season would be the final at the 1,221 ground in Encamp, and that the club would relocate to the 6,800 FC Andorra Stadium, Andorra la Vella, in-keeping with the second tier rules.

2021/22 - We amazingly were promoted again against all odds via the play-offs, beating Leganes and Deportivo, despite only being expected to bravely fight against relegation. Further shrewd business and nerves of steel when it mattered carried us to a height that we simply had no real business being at, our long-term aims achieved in relative no time at all. We waved goodbye to Encamp and on to Andorra la Vella.

So this takes us to now. We have simply no time at all. We are quite unfortunate to have timed this promotion this badly but beggars can't be choosers. The Qatar World Cup means a rescheduling of the European calendar that will create a break from the end of October to the start of January - meaning our La Liga campaign will kick off at the end of July. This wouldn't be so bad, but La Liga 2 finishes late enough as it is, meaning that we had under six weeks between our final game of last season and our first game of this one. If the odds weren't already stacked against us enough eh?

Transfers. This was simply vital and we had to get it right. I will add a bit more detail about the players signed this time around. We were handed a budget of just under £9mil and a wage budget of around £130k, which I reshuffled a little as that wage budget is simply nothing at this level - Real Madrid have sixteen players alone that earn more than that.

image.thumb.png.4b969edf665e48d0076e118fdea2df50.png

There you have it. I put far too much time into this side but the recruitment simply has to be spot on. Given we spent almost all of last season with just one scout, I think we've done a very good job in getting some good players on board, with so little time to work in.

Caufriez - Centre half signed from Belgium. To be honest I had pre-agreed this one at a point where I thought we had no chance for promotion and I was in two minds whether to do it even then, so unfortunately he's a bit pointless because he simply isn't really good enough.

Gyokeres - First significant signing for me. He is a Swedish pressing striker, somebody that I intend to phase into the team ahead of Appeh. Quick and strong in mental stats, and a good finisher. A no brainer signing.

Mereles - The signing of the summer. I had tracked him a while but as a bit of a pipedream, so I was delighted to be able to make it happen. He's a class 21 year old Paraguayan winger and simply the best player to ever play for this club. If we do survive he is likely to be a big reason for it.

Calavera - Signed from relegated Eibar. An OK right back, nothing special, a slight upgrade on what we had before.

Alvarez - One of the best signings of the summer. 30 years old but perfect for this team - a very good all-rounder and an upgrade on the declining Hernan Santana, a similar style of player, box to box.

Stojanovic - Goalkeeper brought in on loan although in truth a bit of a waste of money, as he doesn't start.

Asencio - Another striker option on the cheap who will join permanently next summer for a small fee.

Kenneh - I nearly got him permanently as he had become a free agent but once Chelsea came in we had no chance - though I was happy enough to grab him on loan for the year. A quality player who will go on to play for England.

Nicolas - The reason Stojanovic doesn't play. I needed two goalkeepers anyway as Gazzaniga decided that sitting on a Championship bench is better than starting in La Liga, though in truth Nicolas is comfortably better than both Stojanovic and Gazzaniga and at £195k represents one of my best bargains yet on this year's edition.

Hack - We needed another centre half as Loureiro turned down making his move permanent to go to Malaga which was a real shame. Hack isn't very young but he will do for the year. Another big game player too supposedly.

Martinez - I looked at him a while ago but he signed a new deal with Barca B, though he had a very low release clause, was young, good and versatile, a no-brainer at that price.

Sancet - We needed another midfielder, a bit more attacking minded. This bloke just totally fits the bill. Cheap, young, and an upgrade on our team. I felt we were well set.

Nicolas (GK, D)

Calavera (WB, S) - Hughes (CD, D) - Hack (CD, D) - Hernandez (WB, S)

Kenneh (DM, D)

Sancet (CM, A) - Alvarez (BBM, S)

Mereles (W, A) --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Waldo (W, A)

Gyokeres (PF, A)

Unfortunately, for some reason the game had done that seriously annoying thing where it gives you a complete mess of a fixture list and we had a lot of runs of 4 home games followed by 4 away games. Really bugs me - especially given we're going to be the underdog in 19 out of 19 away games this season, there's only so many times you can tell them in a row that the pressure's off. I think it's just shit and I'm amazed they haven't fixed it.

Andorra's debut in La Liga would come in Madrid. Not quite what you're thinking. It was Rayo Vallecano. We were hammered. We simply weren't ready. Three friendlies rushed at the end of pre-season and a lack of match fitness, or signings completed by the time of this game meant we just simply weren't prepared and paid the price, though 4-0 was a bit humiliating.

Fellow newly promoted Almeria were the first side to make the trip to the new stadium, and they were also the first to fall, with Manu Appeh doing the damage in a 1-0 defeat. This was followed up with a last gasp draw pinched at Malaga, and an unsurprising loss at Sevilla, though we picked up a very impressive victory over surprise strugglers Villarreal at home meaning we had a 100% home record going into the first international break. I was happy so far.

image.thumb.png.593e5b5364f9d8cdbc9c07098ace9c7b.png

As stated we had a ridiculous balance of fixtures and the Villarreal game started a run of four straight home games, which would be followed by four straight away games. I wasn't unhappy with what we served up, on the whole.

image.thumb.png.c2aaa9a853a241ee42c01253e1531009.png

Girona was a real disappointment but you're going to get those games. It was vital we beat Sporting at home and I was delighted to see us finally taste victory on the road at early strugglers Getafe. Octobe wasn't great but the performances were better than the results, and quite how we only drew at Celta I have no idea.

image.thumb.png.1033848758ee7f0d56106cb39f135e23.png

You would have to say it's been a good start from us. Not perfect, and the defence is a slight concern, but I am happy with the performances and given the complete lack of preparation I feel we've done very well. I would back us to survive at the minute, but I am weary of two things.

The first is that Villarreal and Sevilla simply won't finish below us. Sevilla have started terribly under Conte and were whacked at Sporting Gijon last time out, I'd imagine this ill-fated relationship will come to an abrupt end and they will fly back up the table. Villarreal are similar. They just aren't anywhere near bad enough to be down here. Getafe have been abysmal and it was vital we held onto that win.

The other concern is that although we're 14th - we are still yet to face any of the big three. This is likely to be six defeats for us, though a Pep Guardiola led Atletico Madrid (how's that for a change in identity?) are our next opponents, in yet another run of four straight home games.

I may make a loan move or two in January but don't expect to see much.

Very nice start to the season that @Dan. I could only dream of that with Verl (which is long gone now anyways).

I'm also in the 2022 World Cup year with Sassuolo and tell you what, it's getting exciting around here. I'll post an update myself soon.

Time for an update.

Last season we just missed out on a Europa League II or whatever the fuck the new tournament is called on the final day and by 1 point. So how do we respond in the market? Only 1 new signing and that is Andrea Dona. An Italian regen who can play on the wing or as a 10. I like the look of this guy, don't think he'll become a superstar but he can be a very good option for the future.

c471cf2c47e091de31d7b864afda7c94.png

Well, we also signed Eddie Salcedo on a free but he was re-joining after being on loan about a year ago. So he's not entirely new.

Now to introduce our system, lineup and a few players before we talk about the actual season.

b6931c02daf36367f28a4f136ebfac3a.png

Alphonso Davies is the big name that sticks out. He unbelievably only cost me 7M from Bayern, as he was transfer listed right when I needed a LB after selling Rogerio for 20.5M. I call those type of signings "bargains". Jedvaj was a bit of a panic buy but he's worked out very well. Ferrari and Consigli started at the club. I'll go over Rhys Wood in a bit.

Locatelli is probably my best current player. Best performer and works excellently in his role. With 16 passing to his name, how can you not play him as a DLP? My worry is that he has a 45M release clause and a few clubs have come knocking, including PSG who put in a 36M offer for him last summer. He has 2 years left on his contract and everytime I offer him a new deal, he wants to lower his release clause to 27M so I'm letting his contract to play out.

0cd32907d00e5c78bbc9245ca4ef2e42.png

Berg is a Norwegian CM I bought from Bodo/Glimt and he's good enough. I would like to replace him at some point because he could use upgrading, but he's competent enough for me to hold onto him a bit longer. 

Umaro Embalo was Marko Pjaca's replacement after he left to Milan. He had a rocky start but now he's probably my 2nd most consistent performer joint with Bernardi, my right winger. Bernardi started at the club and he's very good for me to be able to keep him even during title challenges. He's also been my most consistent player over 3 seasons, but in terms of general matches I stand by that he's my joint 2nd. If that makes sense.

Traore also started at the club and has developed immensely. Still needs a few more stats over 15 but I think he's going to stay for the long term future assuming he doesn't get bought off release clauses or if I get an offer too good to refuse.

3b0e501326135f4a62e214efc9cc27d3.png

And finally, Felix Niessen, my wonderkid. Bought him for 7M and he's INCREDIBLE! He's a striker/winger who can head the ball, pass it accurately or dangerously, he can finish, he can dribble, he's determined, quick and has decent attacking movement. He's only 18 need I remind you. He's developed slow but he's starting to get a rise in development and I couldn't be more excited.

ec0d286b5be6dd57d22019aa30204762.png

My tactic is Ricardo Gareca's Peru tactic.  I am trying to replicate it and it's worked to a tee. Basically, we have 2 supporting full backs (Trauco and Advincula), two centre backs who can defend and play it out in a mix, a DLP in Locatelli (Yotun), A destroyer in the middle (Tapia), an inside forward scorer (Flores), a winger who attacks via the byline (Carrillo), a proper creative and dynamic 10 (Cueva) and a forward who does a bit of everything (Guerrero)

Finally, here is Rhys Wood as I promised. Developing slowly but has bags of potential, especially if I can get his marking to 16 at least.

61c7ede2cd381c102f1319c059c1d88b.png

Now how are we doing this season?

Well, things started superbly. We were damn near unplayable at points, as you can see below this includes a win over Juventus away from home. They had Suarez and Ronaldo who still had relatively good fitness despite their age, but we just ran them over on the counter. Niessen got a goal and an assist. My biggest win on the save thus far. Consigli also built a wall on his net as he handled every shot towards him with ease.

Unfortunately we are slowly falling apart, but the World Cup came at the right time as this gives me thinking space to rebuild things to make everything like it was at the start.

47e604deae693def95ce607170d6e19d.png

25ca8e7b7b9c4094c44ab317e9da1c8a.png

The season has turned into a car crash sadly. That start is what we're living off at the moment and for that reason I think we'll finish mid table or top half. We've had plenty of injuries though so that doesn't help us much.

I sold Traore to Barcelona for 45M pounds. I signed this kid with the money afterwards. About 14.5M.

589346d64cc72b6c14f0e56a4909924f.png

• Subscriber

Went not far off how I expected it to to be honest. We're still well off being that good really. Punch above our weight but lacking in the quality. We'll get there though.

Thoroughly proud of the effort. 32 fouls in one game. Biblical.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived