talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2020 Discussion Thread

football forum

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Was ploughing through the summer of 2021 on my Crystal Palace save. A Chinese club offered eight million for Vicente Guaita. I never knew how much I loved him until I had to sell to him.

In the same window where Wilf, Benteke and Sakho all moved on. Fans are going to be livid.

Surely that'd be the opposite wouldn't it? :whistling:

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So far so good. Had a bit of a dodgy start to the season and had to make a few tactical changes. Since then it's all smooth sailing so far. 

1Ve3jdv.png

Not bad. I've got a save going with Bolton on the mobile version. I'm shit at these sort of games but managed to keep them up by the skin of my teeth in the first season. 

Really need to get cracking on the second season. 

I forgot to mention how I did against Busan.

Spoilers, it's not great. We had 4 of our best players suspended in the first leg and from there, I just couldn't match them. So the game was over before it began. Lost 3-1 at home and 2-1 away.

Here is the full campaign. Happy with that.

cc060f6281fe18d2274433ab35110197.png

5 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I just lost against Pippo Inzaghi's Marseille in the league. Next match: Simone Inzaghi's Lazio in the CL.

Hopefully Simone won't make it 2-0 to the Inzaghi brothers.

Make sure they don't score offside goals on you either :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I just lost against Pippo Inzaghi's Marseille in the league. Next match: Simone Inzaghi's Lazio in the CL.

Hopefully Simone won't make it 2-0 to the Inzaghi brothers.

Inzaghi brothers 2-0 Me 🙄

7 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Make sure they don't score offside goals on you either :ph34r:

Speaking of offsides, does it ever go to VAR for an offside and then give a goal? I've not seen it so far. Same for penalties, if it goes to VAR it's always given (apart from the edge of the area decisions).

1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Inzaghi brothers 2-0 Me 🙄

Speaking of offsides, does it ever go to VAR for an offside and then give a goal? I've not seen it so far. Same for penalties, if it goes to VAR it's always given (apart from the edge of the area decisions).

Nah I’ve seen it not be a penalty via VAR. As for offsides, you can tell when it’s disallowed by the way the screen moves. It’s kind of difficult to explain but I’m sure you know what I mean.

In some good news though

Going to try to raise my World Ranking to avoid teams like Japan or South Korea, in addition to me needing to test new tactics. Think I'll go all out against Honduras and then try new match plans against China.

867fc83af386014015596e49c2943dd6.png

China cancelled our friendly, so I managed to convince Costa Rica instead.

That was certainly a mistake. Costa Rica were better than any Asian side I've faced in the save so far. I couldn't average more than 30% possession at any point in the game and only got 1 shot. As for Honduras, we were down 2-0 and drew 2-2 and I was being very experimental so I can't complain.

Time for the SEA Championship. Is this the time I finally get past Indonesia?

0de48c1e19aebf3b39b98ec95c778c78.png

1 hour ago, Inti Brian said:

China cancelled our friendly, so I managed to convince Costa Rica instead.

That was certainly a mistake. Costa Rica were better than any Asian side I've faced in the save so far. I couldn't average more than 30% possession at any point in the game and only got 1 shot. As for Honduras, we were down 2-0 and drew 2-2 and I was being very experimental so I can't complain.

Time for the SEA Championship. Is this the time I finally get past Indonesia?

0de48c1e19aebf3b39b98ec95c778c78.png

Not this year. Thailand beat me this time.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Has anyone noticed most of the goals are on set pieces on this?

I concede one corner or free kick too many, and I'm using the default instructions which usually work well enough.

Definitely. Messi's got a respectable goal and assists tally and I'm still convinced not a single one of them has come from open play.

41 minutes ago, Dan said:

Definitely. Messi's got a respectable goal and assists tally and I'm still convinced not a single one of them has come from open play.

It's really annoying innit. I set up some games as perfectly as I can and I am almost always outdone by a corner or free kick. This is definitely a match engine flaw.

32 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

SEA championship time again.

I got placed in the tougher group this time. Time to dethrone Indonesia.

c0e79470a1b80aea25ded27190dea806.png

Nvm. Out in group.

Asian Cup is next. I found two Cambodians playing in the A-League with Australia as their 2nd nationality. Makes me a bit optimistic for this Asian Cup.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived