talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2020 Discussion Thread

football forum

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot has happened on my save since my last update so I'll keep it brief.

Went all the way with Scotland in the World Cup, beating Belgium in the final. Also won our Nations League group ahead of Belgium, France and Russia. We play Spain in the semis in the summer.

Finished my first season with Hamburg in a very respectable 4th. Only three points off the top too. Won the cup at the end of our first season as well.

Had a good run in our first season in the CL. Topping a group that included Barcelona, Juventus and Porto. Best PSG in the last 16. Unfortunately our run has just come to an end, losing 1-0 to AC Milan on aggregate.

Got about 6 games left of the current league season, we currently sit top, 6 points clear of Dortmund and are in another semi final in the cup

Screenshot_20200604-221926.png

Screenshot_20200604-194053.png

Screenshot_20200604-195017.png

Screenshot_20200607-203743.png

We so nearly messed this up! 6 points clear with three games left. We then throw away a two goal lead against Nurnberg to draw 2-2. We then suffered defeat in our next game to Augsburg, conceding a 93rd minute goal. Wolfsburg at home in our final game then. Dortmund had gone 2-0 up early on so were champions as things stood. We were dominating the game but couldn't find a way through until the 70th minute. Substitute Philimon Ayew with a header from a corner. They had a couple of chances late on that had my heart in my mouth but we managed to hold on.

The cup final was a relatively straightforward win. Dominated from start to finish to retain the trophy.

Screenshot_20200608-212549.png

Screenshot_20200608-212520.png

Screenshot_20200609-080013.png

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

New challenge needed? 

I'm sticking with Scotland. Got such a young squad, I want to see how dominant they can be. 

I'll move on from Hamburg once I've won the Champions League I think

• Subscriber

After 10 emotional years I've finally decided to call it a day at Andorra. It's been a blast but it's pretty clear to me that we're just a way off getting back to the best we've ever been at - let alone any better. I think getting them from the slog of the third tier of Spanish football to Europe in 6 seasons ranks with one of my best achievements really given their consistently appalling budget so I'm really happy with what was achieved even if we did never bag a trophy.

My next move has been made. It's arguably lacking in imagination given I've already done that country, and league, on this game - but they're a perennial underachiever of a club in recent years who have genuine potential, but keep absolutely bodging things up in style. Can anyone guess where I'm pitching up?

4 hours ago, Dan said:

After 10 emotional years I've finally decided to call it a day at Andorra. It's been a blast but it's pretty clear to me that we're just a way off getting back to the best we've ever been at - let alone any better. I think getting them from the slog of the third tier of Spanish football to Europe in 6 seasons ranks with one of my best achievements really given their consistently appalling budget so I'm really happy with what was achieved even if we did never bag a trophy.

My next move has been made. It's arguably lacking in imagination given I've already done that country, and league, on this game - but they're a perennial underachiever of a club in recent years who have genuine potential, but keep absolutely bodging things up in style. Can anyone guess where I'm pitching up?

Hamburger - Wikipedia

I've gotten back into my Sassuolo save. This is my 11. @Dan @Bluebird Hewitt @...Dan  

Mohamed Mekouar

Got this bloke for free. One of my best bargains in FM. PSG just let him go on a free contract when he was 19. What were they thinking!? Brilliant keeper.

ae79ddc678f7a39f9f1729c27d0c1ddc.png

Federico Brunetti

This guy is a relatively new signing. Got him this season, very decent LB in a position that is often difficult to find. He's also Italian which helps the domestic bias a bit.

273793f837883bbd62c87a41df310f5f.png

Roman Christ

This guy was a bit expensive no lie. 30M, but he's a very decent BPD and makes for a perfect partner for my other CB.

aed57974b5b341bb34a8d6be5392ed7d.png

Dani Anguiera

Best defender I've ever had at the club, and he can still improve lots.

211bbb577263b4c3eddf9d70370e4535.png

Victor Martin

Weakest link in my team, but still a competent right back.

544f4e21f0514010a9474624a2e2dc32.png

Waldemar Dzisiewicz

Arguably the best player in my team. Cost me 3.5M.

119d7df3c4c5fab1a5f25fd703b2d372.png

Max Van Schaik

Another class player in here. I play him as a BWM and he's the perfect partner to Waldemar.

72f9408a773a8522b86d9e77e74ebb02.png

Roberto Moreno

Cost me tons from Feirense, but he's a brilliant player and has scored a ton of important goals for me.

7bd34738f0f9c0e7366a309cb9d719b6.png

Ameth Diawara

For 1.5M, he's the best signing on the save. Led me to such unimaginable heights.

e072e445dff8236c53ecd7c3bbfe61cd.png

Alejandro Torres

Another recent signing and he loves scoring goals. He has all the right stats in the right places.

abba81fc8ba1659849d6381004ecf9f9.png

Zhaoxu Ma

An actual cheat code. Enough said.

2310b8c5e0c715d36a3dcb8c11ed4fc3.png

• Subscriber

Can't believe how good the Polish midfielder has become. Had no idea Roman Christ was English either.

I've done barely any update at all on my Hamburg save. Going well though on the whole. Progressing quite quickly.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

Can't believe how good the Polish midfielder has become. Had no idea Roman Christ was English either.

I've done barely any update at all on my Hamburg save. Going well though on the whole. Progressing quite quickly.

Yeah bought Christ from Spurs. Cost me a bit but was worth it to assert my dominance.

Waldemar is unbelievable. Him and Ma are absolute cheat codes. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

A total collapse. Absolutely raging

Screenshot_20200707-183225.png

Oh my god hahahaha how?!?!?!

Given I'm Hamburg I'm pleasantly surprised by the lack of collapses so far.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived