talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham - Sunday 14th March, 2021

football forums

• Administrator

This is where Sanchez makes contact after Lacazette shanks it. Lacazette, being the pussy he is, makes an absolute meal of it but literally every player does these days. 

Screenshot_20210315_151608_com.twitter.android.jpg

Screenshot_20210315_151616_com.twitter.android.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

What are people's thoughts on this?

Kane has previous for backing in to players while the ball is in the air as the other player jumps, causing them to land awkwardly/dangerously (gets away with it every single time). 

No attempt to play the ball here. Barges through the back of Gabriel, very late...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Kane has previous for backing in to players while the ball is in the air as the other player jumps, causing them to land awkwardly/dangerously (gets away with it every single time). 

No attempt to play the ball here. Barges through the back of Gabriel, very late...

#EnglandsCaptain

0_Screen-Shot-2020-12-07-at-091552.png

0_Screen-Shot-2020-12-07-at-091557.png

0_Screen-Shot-2020-12-07-at-091557.png

0_Screen-Shot-2020-12-07-at-091645.png

0_Screen-Shot-2020-12-07-at-091451.png

0_Screen-Shot-2020-12-07-at-091416.png

Video-Kane-backs-into-Arsenal-defender-G

1 hour ago, Stan said:

This is where Sanchez makes contact after Lacazette shanks it. Lacazette, being the pussy he is, makes an absolute meal of it but literally every player does these days. 

Screenshot_20210315_151608_com.twitter.android.jpg

Screenshot_20210315_151616_com.twitter.android.jpg

I’d argue Laca makes contact with Sanchez actually. He kicks him on the follow through. It’s extremely lucky to get a pen there and let’s be honest it’s not a foul. 

Every striker in history has backed in like Kane does, it’s good centre forward play. Shearer was a master of it. You see it in games  every single week.

The one on Gabriel is clearly a bit naughty, definitely knew what he was doing there and wanted to take him out. I loved it but it’s definitely a foul and yellow 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Storts said:

I’d argue Laca makes contact with Sanchez actually. He kicks him on the follow through. It’s extremely lucky to get a pen there and let’s be honest it’s not a foul. 

The first screenshot very much proves that wrong, surely? Sanchez lunges in from the side? 

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

The first screenshot very much proves that wrong, surely? Sanchez lunges in from the side? 

To try and block the ball yeah. This is why screenshots and stills are terrible. You can’t get the full picture. He’s dived across to block a shot that is completely scuffed. Laca follows through onto Sanchez. It’s just so incredibly soft and lucky and there’s a reason that Laca himself said so plus other Arsenal pundits 

6 hours ago, Inverted said:

I think the problem with the "give the manager a chance" argument with Mourinho is that he has had multiple chances at big clubs, and the exact same issues have cost him repeatedly. 

And he always rocks up at the next job saying he won't repeat the same mistakes. 

At some point you have to wonder if he is capable of changing at all.

When he first joined I said "I think this is interesting" because it's been a long time since he's been at a club that isn't the best, or one of the best, in the league:

• Porto are one of the big 2 in Portugal
  • Chelsea he joined right when they were changing the financial doping game and the squad he inherited was great and he further added more quality to it
  • Inter Milan after all the giants in Italy had their balls cut off, even though Inter were also involved in Calciopoli
  • Real Madrid - one of the big 2 in Spain
  • Chelsea again, granted this time they were not the only team financially doping - and it ended in tears
  • Manchester United, who sure have fallen a bit since Ferguson was there, but are always one of the biggest spenders in the country because they pull in so much money from abroad

This was the first job he's had in a long time where he's got more serious financial constraints (he'd probably argue that United were the first job with serious financial constraints, but the amount of money he spent would have me respond with a "fuck off" if he said that).

And aside from that, the way Poch had them playing successfully is miles different to Mourinho's brand of football - which is effective when it works, but is so terrible to watch - when it works or when it doesn't.

At this point, I think the last club left for him where he can be successful is Atletico Madrid. Not as rich as the other big Spanish sides - but pretty fucking rich. No expectation of playing good football, winning at all costs regardless of how ugly it is is something they're very used to.

At the same time, I do wonder if he can ever hit the heights he once did ever again.

Either way, I think it's pretty clear at this point he is not a good fit at Spurs and I'm just curious how long they stick it out with him because I think the longer he goes with them the worse they'll end up once he eventually leaves.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

He does this all the time, as @Cicero has shown us. It's hardly ever mentioned tbh.

It's not surprising, England captains get special treatment from almost everyone. Shearer stamped on someone's head and faced no repercussion at all because he was the England captain. It's not right, but it's how it is.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Storts said:

To try and block the ball yeah. This is why screenshots and stills are terrible. You can’t get the full picture. He’s dived across to block a shot that is completely scuffed. Laca follows through onto Sanchez. It’s just so incredibly soft and lucky and there’s a reason that Laca himself said so plus other Arsenal pundits 

Well even the video footage shows him lunging across so screenshot or not, he still jumps across. He goes to block the shot, but still ends up getting the player xD.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Well even the video footage shows him lunging across so screenshot or not, he still jumps across. He goes to block the shot, but still ends up getting the player xD.

Because the player completely misses his shot and kicks through onto Sanchez. It’s extremely lucky, very soft, not really a foul. Annoying 

Although tbh I’m less bothered because the performance was so abysmal - more angry at the manager and the players 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He does this all the time, as @Cicero has shown us. It's hardly ever mentioned tbh.

It's not surprising, England captains get special treatment from almost everyone. Shearer stamped on someone's head and faced no repercussion at all because he was the England captain. It's not right, but it's how it is.

Hardly ever mentioned?! He’s the only player that got dragged in front of sky cameras straight after a game to try and talk it through. There was a week long segment on sky about it. It’s a load of bollocks - it happens game in game out, week in week out, all good strikers in history will back in and play that way. It’s not a new or modern phenomenon or something exclusive to Kane. The witch hunt was started by people that do not like Kane in the first place

• Administrator

Yeah I don't believe it's hardly ever mentioned. I've seen it mentioned more often recently because he's probably doing it more recently, but it was never ignored or dismissed. It's like people who say 'if Kane/Sterling/Vardy etc...' did that when it comes to diving/going down easily, it gets ignored. It's absolute bollocks. It's constantly picked up regardless of the player doing it.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Every striker in history has backed in like Kane does, it’s good centre forward play. Shearer was a master of it. You see it in games  every single week.

The one on Gabriel is clearly a bit naughty, definitely knew what he was doing there and wanted to take him out. I loved it but it’s definitely a foul and yellow 

Shearer was also a master of throwing his elbows around whenever he went up for a cross.

Just because Shearer got away with stuff doesn't mean it was within the laws of the game.

1 hour ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

Shearer was also a master of throwing his elbows around whenever he went up for a cross.

Just because Shearer got away with stuff doesn't mean it was within the laws of the game.

You're forgetting the unwritten laws of the game. Golden boys can do anything they like.

Been obvious for a long time that Kane is not only a dirty bastard but also a cheat. People regularly mention it online but pundits and referees seem to always give him a pass.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah I don't believe it's hardly ever mentioned. I've seen it mentioned more often recently because he's probably doing it more recently, but it was never ignored or dismissed. It's like people who say 'if Kane/Sterling/Vardy etc...' did that when it comes to diving/going down easily, it gets ignored. It's absolute bollocks. It's constantly picked up regardless of the player doing it.

It's about where it's mentioned, though. Kane, Sterling, Vardy, etc. absolutely do not get the panning for going down easily they deserve on TV. Members on here and random Twitter accounts don't have quite the same reach

As for the rest of Kane's antics... there's shithousery, letting them know you're there, etc., etc., which all happens all over the country on a weekly basis, and then there's deliberately and recklessly endangering the safety of fellow professionals. Kane strays toward the latter quite a lot more than can be considered normal

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Kane’s been doing this for years though. Pundits talking about it in the last couple of months only means they’ve just now noticed.

But guarantee the refs don’t stop treating him as their golden boy each incident. Because as the England captain... he is their golden boy

Archived