talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We did the quad last season plus back to back titles O.o :coffee:

Then United won the quad in 99, European Cup, League, FA Cup and the International Continental Cup...cough, cough :whistling:   

Oh, United won the League treble in 1998/99, 1999/2000, 2000/1  :coffee:

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

You can tell you lot have the huff because you will miss out on an EPL Treble thanks to Liverpool, this thread was sitting on page 3  xD

@Happy Blue

Quote.thumb.png.b9d1a31d00c8a8839d0ef26e9e924f7e.png

Manchester City ace pens new deal

Manchester City has announced Fernandinho has put pen to paper on a new 12-month extension running until the end of next season.

Fernandinho's previous deal had entered the final six months and there were reservations at the start of the season whether he would be handed fresh terms.

The Brazil international has featured more often this season than most anticipated, in part due to Aymeric Laporte's long spell out injured.

Fernandinho quickly developed into City's second-best centre-back at the club and recently made it clear he wanted to stay on for another year.

A clause in Fernandinho's old contract entitled the veteran to another year if he featured in a certain amount of games.

However, Pep Guardiola's side has rewarded the 34-year-old with a new deal now as a reward for his continued service to the club.

"This is the best possible news," he told the club's official website. "I want to take this opportunity to put on record how grateful I am to my teammates and the backroom staff here at City.

"Without them, this deal would not be possible, so sincere thanks to every single one of them. I have enjoyed every second of my time here. I never expected to build such a meaningful relationship with the club and the fans, but it has happened, and I am grateful every single day.

"Our fans are unbelievable; I am so happy that I will continue to play for them a year longer. I feel their love and passion and it genuinely helps keep me driven. My focus now is on making sure we continue to be successful.

"My time here has been decorated by silverware, but under Pep's guidance, we have really accelerated. I want that to carry on for as long as possible."

Who Scored ? Com

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

You can tell you lot have the huff because you will miss out on an EPL Treble thanks to Liverpool, this thread was sitting on page 3  xD

@Happy Blue

Quote.thumb.png.b9d1a31d00c8a8839d0ef26e9e924f7e.png

Manchester City ace pens new deal

Manchester City has announced Fernandinho has put pen to paper on a new 12-month extension running until the end of next season.

Fernandinho's previous deal had entered the final six months and there were reservations at the start of the season whether he would be handed fresh terms.

The Brazil international has featured more often this season than most anticipated, in part due to Aymeric Laporte's long spell out injured.

Fernandinho quickly developed into City's second-best centre-back at the club and recently made it clear he wanted to stay on for another year.

A clause in Fernandinho's old contract entitled the veteran to another year if he featured in a certain amount of games.

However, Pep Guardiola's side has rewarded the 34-year-old with a new deal now as a reward for his continued service to the club.

"This is the best possible news," he told the club's official website. "I want to take this opportunity to put on record how grateful I am to my teammates and the backroom staff here at City.

"Without them, this deal would not be possible, so sincere thanks to every single one of them. I have enjoyed every second of my time here. I never expected to build such a meaningful relationship with the club and the fans, but it has happened, and I am grateful every single day.

"Our fans are unbelievable; I am so happy that I will continue to play for them a year longer. I feel their love and passion and it genuinely helps keep me driven. My focus now is on making sure we continue to be successful.

"My time here has been decorated by silverware, but under Pep's guidance, we have really accelerated. I want that to carry on for as long as possible."

Who Scored ? Com

The quad IS still on with all the cup's and shield B|

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Danny said:

Amazing what Virgil Van Dijk could have done for this team, they’d be cruising to a third straight league title had they of pushed to get him

I do agree. For us, if Van Dijk doesn't sign then we don't go on the run to the CL final in 2018 and Alisson probably doesn't sign either. Van Dijk and Alisson are the two most important signings I've seen us make

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I do agree. For us, if Van Dijk doesn't sign then we don't go on the run to the CL final in 2018 and Alisson probably doesn't sign either. Van Dijk and Alisson are the two most important signings I've seen us make

100%, Van Dijk will be the reason you get a league title too. He should be given freedom of every brothel in Merseyside

On 29/01/2020 at 07:08, True Blue said:

Looks super promising that it will happen too mate

We have a great chance now Laporte & Sane are back, Liverpool will be the main hurdle with them being so consistent this season  ..we are the best team in the world though so on form we are unstoppable 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We have a great chance now Laporte & Sane are back, Liverpool will be the main hurdle with them being so consistent this season 

Not just this season mate, we haven't lost since you lot last season. 97 points from a possible 99 is our current record O.o Fucking madness.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not just this season mate, we haven't lost since you lot last season. 97 points from a possible 99 is our current record O.o Fucking madness.

You have done fantastic mate and even before you reached our level i've always said Liverpool was the 2nd best team in England ;)