talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Monaco GP - 20th-23rd May

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

In all seriousness, it's good to see Ferrari back even if it's likely to be a one off race. Bottas did a solid job as well, Hamilton ended up rattled and over driving which probably wouldn't have happened without Bottas getting into the mix in the same car. I just hope the race is interesting and not just oh look the guy in the lead is getting caught up this is exciting, then 40 laps of nothing then the chequered flag.

• Subscriber

Oh Ferrari xD Claimed Leclerc's gearbox is not damaged, and guess what? He's out of the garage, drives a few meters, and radios the team complaining about gearbox issues xD 

Think the same happened to Max a few years ago, too. 

I'm not expecting excitement today via overtakes. In recent years, Hamilton has won with his tires dead for most of the race and Ricciardo won when down on power, so there won't be many overtakes. Saying that, I think there'll be excitement via collisions. There are  a few inexperienced drivers out there who who won't be able to resist an attempted overtakes and no way will Max be patient behind Charles. I'm predicting 4/5 safety cars today.

• Administrator

Gutted for Leclerc. Not being able to lead the track for his home GP in a season where mainly Hamilton or Max will get the poles is a shame. 

• Subscriber

It was a boring race, it is what it is in Monaco. Every so often you get a bit of weather or safety car drama. Lack of overtaking was worse than ever today but again, the F2 cars showed it can be done over the weekend. They just still need to sort out with these cars how hard it is for them to follow each other.

I'm sort of glad to see Hamilton and Perez take consequences for their poor qualifying. Any other track it's become pretty much meaningless because DRS means you can blow qualifying and still get back up to 3rd or 4th in the first five laps. Red Bull and Perez also showed you can still make up places strategically if you're smart. Mercedes just didn't do a good enough job all weekend, culminating in the farcical Bottas retirement on a rare weekend where he carried the team on his back and hauled them into contention.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived