talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 2-4 Liverpool - Thursday 13th May, 2021

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Keane and Souness saying it was a penalty. Pathetic. 

It was a foul tbh, I'm not 100% sure why it wasn't a penalty. I've seen softer penalties given shitloads of times, VAR or not.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It was a foul tbh, I'm not 100% sure why it wasn't a penalty. I've seen softer penalties given shitloads of times, VAR or not.

Where was the foul? Bailly gets the ball fair and square. Momentum takes him in to Phillips but that means no tackle ever would be allowed and it really does become a non-contact sport. What was Bailly meant to do in that situation? 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

No, it’s the clever finish to chip it rather than just lash it straight at them. 

He's just hit it at goal xD unreal is a stretch. 

Just now, Stan said:

Where was the foul? Bailly gets the ball fair and square. Momentum takes him in to Phillips but that means no tackle ever would be allowed and it really does become a non-contact sport. What was Bailly meant to do in that situation? 

He's just hit it at goal xD unreal is a stretch. 

It's more of a foul than Welbeck's penalty against us - as @Rick said, anywhere else on that pitch and that's a foul. Honestly think that'd be given as a penalty if it wasn't Liverpool v. Man Utd.

• Administrator

Given how much was said about them before the game, Phillips and Williams have barely given Cavani a sniff. Contained him well. 

• Administrator

It's more of a foul than Welbeck's penalty against us - as @Rick said, anywhere else on that pitch and that's a foul. Honestly think that'd be given as a penalty if it wasn't Liverpool v. Man Utd.

I don't recall that. I don't think it should be a foul anywhere else on the pitch. Therefore I don't think it's a penalty :what:

The 2nd bit is conjecture.

• Administrator

Yeah but he should have scored the rebound there

Was blocked as well mate. 

I'm jesting. I can't work out how he's missed twice. Should have scored. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived