The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Belgium GP - 27-29th August

football forum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I think they really need to change that part of the track. Cars bouncing off the barrier straight across the track is too damn dangerous. 

They are changing it, moving the barriers back.

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I think they really need to change that part of the track. Cars bouncing off the barrier straight across the track is too damn dangerous. 

Are you part American?

• Administrator

Just watched the highlights. Shameful of F1 authorities to not listen to the drivers. Vettel and Lando both complained about conditions when the weather turned dramatically. Seems like there would have been ample opportunity to red flag it before Norris had his accident. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just watched the highlights. Shameful of F1 authorities to not listen to the drivers. Vettel and Lando both complained about conditions when the weather turned dramatically. Seems like there would have been ample opportunity to red flag it before Norris had his accident. 

From what I read, it was only those two drivers to complain, and Norris's accident was self inflicted and not any form of hydroplanning. 

I'm glad he is fine as that was a scary crash, but I'm not sure how much you can blame to FIA for not red flagging it I think. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Eco said:

From what I read, it was only those two drivers to complain, and Norris's accident was self inflicted and not any form of hydroplanning. 

I'm glad he is fine as that was a scary crash, but I'm not sure how much you can blame to FIA for not red flagging it I think. 

Well, that was probably because they were the first drivers on the track, also Lando said on the team radio that he had a bit of aquaplaning shortly before his crash. Sure, in the end it was his actions that led to the crash, but then you can hardly blame the driver for pushing on his flying lap in qualifying, and it's the job of the race control to ensure that weather and track conditions are safe for that.

I'm probably a bit biased though as I can't stand Masi.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Eco said:

I think they have to take a lot of the blame. 

It wasn't like it was even arguable what kind of conditions were being driven in. 

Driver safety is paramount and when you have experienced drivers on the track telling you the session needs to stop I think they need listening to. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived