talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Watford 0-5 Liverpool - Saturday 16th October, 2021

football forum

6 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He would have asked to though. I guarantee it, and if he's been medically cleared then it's in the managers best interest to do so. 

There was no scan after the injury according to Klopp.

Jota picked up a knock with Portugal and was sent home. Guess what? He's available to play

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t get the hate for Watford’s sacking of coaches. Steve McManaman assuming they’re going to be a force in the Prem if they keep a long term manager, also keeps using the word manager when they don’t have one, they have a head coach.

Say what you like about it but this model works for Watford, a smaller club who have spent a lot of time in the Prem and went back up at the first attempt after relegation.

McManaman genuinely believes the coach is the one signing the players at Watford and creating a structure for a long-term vision. How can someone involved with football not understand the structure at Watford? It’s been highlighted so much

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Danny said:

I don’t get the hate for Watford’s sacking of coaches. Steve McManaman assuming they’re going to be a force in the Prem if they keep a long term manager, also keeps using the word manager when they don’t have one, they have a head coach.

Say what you like about it but this model works for Watford, a smaller club who have spent a lot of time in the Prem and went back up at the first attempt after relegation.

McManaman genuinely believes the coach is the one signing the players at Watford and creating a structure for a long-term vision. How can someone involved with football not understand the structure at Watford? It’s been highlighted so much

Doesn't really bode well for stability though? 

They've got that reputation on being quite ruthless in sacking managers regularly. What do they want to be as a club? One that just stays in the Premier League, just survives and when it goes a bit wrong start a process again? And then start again anyway should they get relegated? 

Looking at their season history, they've never finished top half. I thought they had but highest was 11th in 2016.

What are their ambitions? 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Brilliant pass, holy shit.

Salah’s start to this season’s been really good.

Best in the league. 

Talksport said he hadn't won a player of the month award since March 2018 :o

Ridiculous considering you've won a league in that time and he's been the pinnacle pretty much for your club for about 3 or 4 seasons. 

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You don't half utter some shite!

Milner should have been sent of against city. He shouldn't be playing today. Klopp is known for his ridiculous excuses. Just pointing out that I guarantee you klopp would have complained of milner was playing for the other team. It's quite simple when you read it properly 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Do you charge Klopp rent or does he get a free stay in your head?

It just annoys me mate. All managers who make ridiculous excuses do not just him. 

48 minutes ago, Stan said:

Doesn't really bode well for stability though? 

They've got that reputation on being quite ruthless in sacking managers regularly. What do they want to be as a club? One that just stays in the Premier League, just survives and when it goes a bit wrong start a process again? And then start again anyway should they get relegated? 

Looking at their season history, they've never finished top half. I thought they had but highest was 11th in 2016.

What are their ambitions? 

Realistically how do they improve on what they’ve currently achieved without more money? Because that’s what does it. West Ham finished 6th off of the back of seasons of spending £60m-£90m per season thanks to their new stadium. The only team to finish in the top 11 last season for example who haven’t spent big are Leeds and potentially yourselves.

Bar 1 season Watford spent about 15 years in the Championship prior to getting promoted and then had 4 seasons in the Prem with about 2 mid table finishes and 2 relegation battles, 1 ending in relegation which was followed by a quick return.

When people talk about stability, all the coach does at Watford is coach the team and pick the team under the style of play that has been dictated to them by a superior. The long term structure of the team is handled by club officials higher up than the head coach, that stability exists even if the coach doesn’t.

Im not saying that they’ve not made mistakes and that there aren’t currently clear issues with how they’re playing or who they’ve hired, and that they shouldn’t try sticking with a specific coach rather than sack them, but the past 5/6 years for Watford have been their most successful in 20/30 years and unless they get a new 30-40k seater stadium then they’re gunna struggle to consistently finish midtable, let alone above it because you need £££.

I just think it’s convenient to use their unconventional approach to hiring and sacking coaches and use it as a stick to beat them with. It’s helped them deliver their highest finishes in decades, and the actual hurdle in their way is lack of finances compared to the clubs that are around 11/12th and up.

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Milner should have been sent of against city. He shouldn't be playing today. Klopp is known for his ridiculous excuses. Just pointing out that I guarantee you klopp would have complained of milner was playing for the other team. It's quite simple when you read it properly 

You do know no foul was given against Milner because a foul had already been given against Henderson don't you?

It's quite simple when you actually know what you're talking about.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Even when Wenger did it?

They literally all give ridiculous excuses at times.

Yeah it did. Klopp, pep and ole seem to be the worst though 

• The title was changed to Watford 0-5 Liverpool - Saturday 16th October, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived