The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2021/22 - [12. Spieltag] - 19-21st November, 2021

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Union leading 2-0 against Hertha! Nice! 

Gießelmann with two assists. Our fans never really liked him when he played for us (for some weird reason), and after every game, he was shit on on social media. And look at him now. You could get the impression that most of our fans are clueless idiots. Keep proving them wrong, Niko!

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Not ideal but on the bright side it wasnt a Gladbach. Ive created that as a verb now, deal with it.

Ive had time to think and ive expanded upon this.

To get Gladbach'd:

The utterly helpless feeling of getting thoroughly destroyed to the point of being unrecognizable. When you're crying out for mercy but there just isnt any, theres only suffering.

"My arsehole is really getting Gladhbach'd today, I shouldnt have had that indian food huh."

Didn't get to watch the Dortmund game until Sunday but wow that was huge to come away with 3 points.  I know this sounds lame but I do think Stuttgart are way better than 16th and as last year shows (5-1 drubbing at Westphalen) they can play with anyone when they're on their game.  

All the commentators saying the title race is back on.  Let's get real, this team is not going to win any title with some of the overpaid dross in the squad but it is nice to pull out a tough win instead of laying down.  After they equalized I fully expected to leave the match with 1 or 0 points.

Also watched the Berlin derby (great match) and the Carnival derby (boring).  Mainz looked asleep at the wheel and were lucky to get a point.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

After Hertha's loss, Davie Selke tried to console the supporters by throwing his shirt into the crowd. And they threw it straight back. xD

That's kinda mean...

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Angry hooligans do not abide by the laws of logic, nor empathy. 😬

Yeah, I understand the frustration after losing a "derby", but humiliating a player of a team you support?... I just don't get it. 

Reminds me how some years ago some Bremen "supporter" approached Aaron Hunt in the stands during our reserves game and mockingly attempted to hand him a 5 Euro note for his performance in previous match. Even filmed it. What a sad cunt.

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, I understand the frustration after losing a "derby", but humiliating a player of a team you support?... I just don't get it. 

Reminds me how some years ago some Bremen "supporter" approached Aaron Hunt in the stands during our reserves game and mockingly attempted to hand him a 5 Euro note for his performance in previous match. Even filmed it. What a sad cunt.

I don't understand those kind of actions either. Just like I don't understand how Fortuna supporters always focus on 2-3 players or now our coach on social media, and target them with so much hate and just vile comments etc. Like haven't they learned from people like Sebastian Deisler or Robert Enke? Of course their depression maybe didn't come from what fans did, but still, you never know what someone is going through. They're still just human beings after all. 

So yea, fuck haters in general. 

16 hours ago, nudge said:

That's kinda mean...

Yeah but have you seen the guy play?  Not that he should be singled out after that particular game... I'd argue he should be singled out after every game he plays xD.

Edit to say, yes you have seen him play.  I stand by my assumption that Bremen intentionally relegated themselves to avoid buying him.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Coma said:

Yeah but have you seen the guy play?  Not that he should be singled out after that particular game... I'd argue he should be singled out after every game he plays xD.

Edit to say, yes you have seen him play.  I stand by my assumption that Bremen intentionally relegated themselves to avoid buying him.

Yes, I have seen him play - both in his good times and in his bad times. And yes, it was frustrating most of the time during his last stint at the club. But I guess I just don't understand the logic of supporting a football club, and then being hostile to your own players solely because they lack skill and can't perform the way you expect them to. The only thing that properly annoys me is clear lack of motivation and complete apathy, but that was never the case with Selke. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived