The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Saudi Arabia GP - 3-5th December

football forum

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, shut up said:

He won't though, that's the thing. He's treated with kid gloves all the time. He drives dangerously more than any other driver. He makes Kobayashi look normal

He is no different from the greats of the past like Gilles Villeneuve, Ayrton Senna or Michael Schumacher in that aspect. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

He is no different from the greats of the past like Gilles Villeneuve, Ayrton Senna or Michael Schumacher in that aspect. 

Jolyon Palmer?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I texted my mate who's been a hardcore fan since the 80s. You know what the weirdo said? He said he switched the farce off when the FIA and MErc were arguing on the radio. One of the craziest races and he switched it off lol.

Crazy doesn't mean good though. That was turned into a lottery. They literally just made up the grid on the second restart and even negotiated it with the teams. What a can of worms that is to open. I'm embarrassed by that, not entertained. If you value the sport itself over the drama you won't have enjoyed that. The adrenaline you get from that race is because of the context of the championship not because that was an example of good sporting competition.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Yeah I read that, not a chance they have the balls to do that though xD

No, I don't think so, but I also don't think it warrants a dsq in the first place. Need to see the telemetry and hear the radios of both teams, but it appears that he was told to slow down to let Lewis pass, while Lewis wasn't informed about it. He didn't break and didn't change his direction, so while it did look bad on the screen, let's not jump to conclusions here.

• Subscriber

Hamilton summoned as well. 

They will surely settle on a reprimand for both. Don't see what Hamilton really has to answer for there though except for his part in the collision. I suppose they weren't happy with him forcing Max all the way off the circuit at the end of their battle though.

• Subscriber
Just now, shut up said:

He's not a great though, and his lack of driving skill leaves other drivers in dangerous situations 

Now you're either talking out of your arse or just trolling. If you can't appreciate that we're having an incredible title fight between two great drivers, then there's no point in discussing anything further. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They will surely settle on a reprimand for both. Don't see what Hamilton really has to answer for there though except for his part in the collision l.

Reprimand for Hamilton means 10 grid penalty though xD his 3rd of the season.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Crazy doesn't mean good though. That was turned into a lottery. They literally just made up the grid on the second restart and even negotiated it with the teams. What a can of worms that is to open. I'm embarrassed by that, not entertained. If you value the sport itself over the drama you won't have enjoyed that. The adrenaline you get from that race is because of the context of the championship not because that was an example of good sporting competition.

I see where you and him are coming from, the integrity was all over the place. 

Anyway, when Lewis hit the back of Max I thought the titles over. But the damaged wasn't as bad as I first expected.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Now you're either talking out of your arse or just trolling. If you can't appreciate that we're having an incredible title fight between two great drivers, then there's no point in discussing anything further. 

I'm not trolling here Nudge and I am loving this battle, may the best win. But I kind of see his point. In wheel to wheel battles I do at times feel that Max uses more aggression in tussles opposed to skill. Don't get me wrong there are exceptions like his lunge on the second restart and his brilliance at the start in Mexico. But don't you feel the majority of the time that he's uses more aggression then required opposed to skill? We'll all have different opinions and I'll respect what you feel on the subject.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Any pics?

Just now, shut up said:

He's got a fast car, that's it. His style seems to be driving people off the track, or generally buffoonery . He doesn't even have half of Hamilton's talent. 

Am a Lewis fan but WTF?

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

No, I don't think so, but I also don't think it warrants a dsq in the first place. Need to see the telemetry and hear the radios of both teams, but it appears that he was told to slow down to let Lewis pass, while Lewis wasn't informed about it. He didn't break and didn't change his direction, so while it did look bad on the screen, let's not jump to conclusions here.

I wouldn't want him to be tbh, them going in level to the final race is amazing, I just hope that it's a fair and exciting race. 

5 minutes ago, shut up said:

He's got a fast car, that's it. His style seems to be driving people off the track, or generally buffoonery . He doesn't even have half of Hamilton's talent. 

He's an unbelievable driver and will no doubt become a legend of the sport.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I'm not trolling here Nudge and I am loving this battle, may the best win. But I kind of see his point. In wheel to wheel battles I do at times feel that Max uses more aggression in tussles opposed to skill. Don't get me wrong there are exceptions like his lunge on the second restart and his brilliance at the start in Mexico. But don't you feel the majority of the time that he's uses more aggression then required opposed to skill? We'll all have different opinions and I'll respect what you feel on the subject.

I do agree that he's overly aggressive in on-track battles and that he does gain advantage often by out-muscling other drivers who rather give up their position than get entangled into potentially crash-prone situations. But it's one thing to admit that, and a completely different one to claim that he has no driving skill whatsoever and only wins because of a "fast car", come on... xD

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, shut up said:

This is not Twitter, mate. If you want flame wars, dick measuring contests and GOAT comments, you should probably consider posting there instead, I'm out of this "conversation".

I do agree that he's overly aggressive in on-track battles and that he does gain advantage often by out-muscling other drivers who rather give up their position than get entangled into potentially crash-prone situations. But it's one thing to admit that, and a completely different one to claim that he has no driving skill whatsoever and only wins because of a "fast car", come on... xD

Good points and I don't think anyone took the skills part seriously lol.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, shut up said:

He doesn't even have half of Hamilton's talent. 

Bold claim. 

I disagree. 

Max is a superb driver. Literally next best driver after Hamilton. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, shut up said:

He's not a legend of the sport though is he? Not like Senna, Prost, Schumacher and Hamilton. 

Vettel basically couldn't be more like Prost. Ultimately outclassed by Hamilton in this generation like Prost was by Senna but he did the business in four separate years of F1. He will be rated below Schumacher and Hamilton but the rest are up for debate.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived