talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tiger King 2

football forum

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the first episode. I dont really get this whole free joey exotic thing. I mean he agreed to have caroline baskin killed. Why is there a debate about whether hes guilty or not? @Eco @Dr. Gonzo can someone the American law to me? Is there a legal point or is it crazy americans again 

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I watched the first episode. I dont really get this whole free joey exotic thing. I mean he agreed to have caroline baskin killed. Why is there a debate about whether hes guilty or not? @Eco @Dr. Gonzo can someone the American law to me? Is there a legal point or is it crazy americans again 

@Cicero might know better. I know barely more than fuck all about US laws tbh.

I think there's debate into whether or not Joe Exotic actually hired the guy to kill Carole Baskin - the guy he "hired" is now saying he Joe Exotic should be free.

But regardless of the "murder for hire" charge... I think it's pretty clear the animal abuse charges were very real and he's definitely guilty of those. I think he belongs in prison just because of the decades (I think his zoo was open for decades) of animal abuse.

For those who don't want to watch. Here's  a brief summary of the main parts. 

1. Lots of evidence indicating Carol Baskins' missing husband was in with some bad people (Mafia or Cartel). Implications he was money laundering. Still virtually nothing pointing at Carol aside the evidence showing her to be a money grabbing cunt. (suspicion she forged the notary on her husband's will

2. Jeff Lowe and Allen Glover basically admitted to perjury when trying to get Joe Exotic convicted of the murder for hire. This all coincidentally came after Carol Baskins successfully closed down Jeff Lowe's zoo. 

3. @Dr. Gonzo @Gunnersauraus For it to be a crime, there needs to be a transaction. There was one as Joe Exotic paid Allen Glover $3000. Glover initially said this money was to kill Carol, but Joe said it was merely a donation for him when he left the Zoo. Allen Glover is now doing a complete 180 by saying he and Jeff staged this in order to get Joe Arrested and for them to take his Zoo. Both of them signed affidavits and are now charged with perjury. From what I gather, there is still enough substantial evidence of a murder for hire plot (call records, text messages, witnesses, etc) and that this is just all for show. Meaning Joe Exotic at the very least will get a reduced sentence vs a new trial. 

@Dr. Gonzo I think the thing is Carol basking isnt particularly likeable. Where as joey exotic is charismatic and a lot of people do like him. I actually think she might have killed her husband but I wouldn't vote her guilty in a court because there is only circumstantial evidence it's not hard evidence. Where as Joey exotic was convicted in a court of law. And at least one jury member said there was a lot more evidence than was suggested in the first season. Also some  people that knew him said he was a bad person. The fact is there is more reason to think he was guilty than Carol basking. But some people are sure she is guilty and he is innocent. Thats because he is more likeable it's not because of evidence for the most part I don't think. From what I remember he did agree to have her shot I think. He was set up definitely. The show didn't deny that but even if legally he shouldn't be in jail I dont think people should have to much sympathy for him he is still a dangerous person who was willing to have her killed.  The documentary was very biased though towards him from what I remember 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Dr. Gonzo I think the thing is Carol basking isnt particularly likeable. Where as joey exotic is charismatic and a lot of people do like him. I actually think she might have killed her husband but I wouldn't vote her guilty in a court because there is only circumstantial evidence it's not hard evidence. Where as Joey exotic was convicted in a court of law. And at least one jury member said there was a lot more evidence than was suggested in the first season. Also some  people that knew him said he was a bad person. The fact is there is more reason to think he was guilty than Carol basking. But some people are sure she is guilty and he is innocent. Thats because he is more likeable it's not because of evidence for the most part I don't think. From what I remember he did agree to have her shot I think. He was set up definitely. The show didn't deny that but even if legally he shouldn't be in jail I dont think people should have to much sympathy for him he is still a dangerous person who was willing to have her killed.  The documentary was very biased though towards him from what I remember 

I think both Carol Baskin & Joe Exotic are incredibly unlikeable. Honestly, nobody in the first season came off as likeable to me. They're all dickheads profiting off animal abuse, tbh.

Carol Baskin was probably the best of the bad bunch in that regard - but even her zoo I think provides pretty appalling conditions for wild cats. All of these animals belong in proper zoos with far higher standards of care (and have a wider goal of ecological preservation, rather than simply exploiting exotic animals for the curiosity of tourists) or proper animal sanctuaries.

I've got no real sympathy for Joe or anyone else on that show exact maybe the woman who got bitten by a tiger, and only because I imagine losing an arm is awful.

@Dr. Gonzo I personally got the impression that basking did care about the animal's. I tink she could be very ruthless with people but not animals. I could be wrong. Joey exotic has a lot charisma which people like. I dont like him but a lot of people do

@Cicero didnt joey exotic make a request for her to be murdered by a cop who was set up to catch him? 

Why would Jeff Lowe and allan Glover say they lied unless they did? What do people think the motivation was? 

Also why would joey get a reduced sentence if he was guilty?

I can understand a retrial if they admitted perjury. 

22 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Cicero didnt joey exotic make a request for her to be murdered by a cop who was set up to catch him? 

Why would Jeff Lowe and allan Glover say they lied unless they did? What do people think the motivation was? 

Also why would joey get a reduced sentence if he was guilty?

I can understand a retrial if they admitted perjury. 

Jeff Lowe and Allan Glover allegedly set up Joe Exoctic up to get convicted of murder for hire. What we do know are recordings, text messages, witness statements, and a transaction. The former two initially stated that this transaction was for killing Carol Baskins. There was also text messages and recordings from Joe Exotic that support this. With all this evidence, it got him convicted. 

Now, Jeff and Allan are doing a 180 and are claiming they committed perjury to get Joe Exoctic convicted for the sole purpose of obtaining his zoo. They are both now being charged for perjury. This all happened after Carol Baskins successfully closed down their zoo. This is giving a lot of suspicion that they are faking this entire framing/perjury scandal in order to attract interest for a season 3 of Tiger King, and inevitably get more money. There is still lots of evidence suggesting this was a murder for hire deal. 

What this means for Joe Exoctic are a few things. He was up for a reduced sentence before all of this began. In regards to a retrial, a lot is dependent on how the trials of both Jeff Lowe and Allan Glover go considering they are both being charged with perjury. Should the prosecution prove they faked it (doubtful), there is a case for mistrial. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived