talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Preview Thread

football forum

• Subscriber

Team and Driver Lineup

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 21.17.00.png

Although I believe Max Verstappen intends to run with the #1 on his car.

Provisional Calendar

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 21.16.44.png

Pre-Season Testing Dates

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 21.15.42.png

There will also be a Young Drivers' Test at Abu Dhabi this week, but they will be running the 2021 cars.

Early Championship Odds

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 21.14.51.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-12 at 21.15.08.png

I imagine those will look quite different indeed after a day or two of pre-season testing.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Also, regarding the Prediction League, I would be more than happy to run something for us which doesn't rely on an external website. How would we feel about that? If people are up for it, I'll welcome thoughts now on what the predictions and scores should be. I'm thinking some season-long predictions before the racing begins, with some regular picks each week and a couple of scenario-type questions that change from week to week a bit like the 'bonus question' on the website we used this year.

15 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Also, regarding the Prediction League, I would be more than happy to run something for us which doesn't rely on an external website. How would we feel about that? If people are up for it, I'll welcome thoughts now on what the predictions and scores should be. I'm thinking some season-long predictions before the racing begins, with some regular picks each week and a couple of scenario-type questions that change from week to week a bit like the 'bonus question' on the website we used this year.

Sounds great! 👍

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Sounds good to me, I'm in.

17 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Sounds good to me, only if we can open a special place for us to meet again this year.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Yeah count me, sounds good. 

• Subscriber

I have too much time on my hands this afternoon so here's a provisional grid for the first race of 2022, based on the last major rule change between 2008 and the first race of 2009. The methodology is very simple, with the grid being based off the Constructors' Championship from the previous year. E.G. the front row in Australia 2009 was locked out by Brawn GP, who finished 9th (as Honda) in the previous championship. Therefore, the front row for the 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix would be occupied by Alfa Romeo as they finished 9th in the Constructors' Championship in 2021. Will we see a shake-up in the competitive order like this next year?

1. Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo)

2. Guanyu Zhou (Alfa Romeo)

3. Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin)

4. Carlos Sainz (Ferrari)

5. Alexander Albon (Williams)

6. Fernando Alonso (Alpine)

7. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)

8. Esteban Ocon (Alpine)

9. George Russell (Mercedes)

10. Lance Stroll (Aston Martin)

11. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)

12. Lando Norris (McLaren)

13. Nicolas Latifi (Williams)

14. Max Verstappen (Red Bull)

15. Sergio Perez (Red Bull)

16. Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri)

17. Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren)

18. Mick Schumacher (Haas)

19. Nikita Mazepin (Haas)

20. Yuki Tsunoda (Alpha Tauri)

:ph34r:

Mainly an exercise in procrastination but it does put into context the power shift we saw that year for anyone who wasn't around.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He already looks like a cocky brat in that outfit. Like Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man 2. xD

He often comes across as a cocky brat xDI honestly think many people who cheered for Russell will hate him in a few years.

21 minutes ago, nudge said:

He often comes across as a cocky brat xDI honestly think many people who cheered for Russell will hate him in a few years.

I think I'll see him through tinted glasses as he's British, same with Lando Norris.

I think because he's had such a good start to his F1 career, basically smashing Saturday qualifying and outperforming his Williams car it's to be expected that he's a bit over confident. Will be interested to see how he adapts to a car that he's literally expected to put in P2 at the very worst each weekend.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I think I'll see him through tinted glasses as he's British, same with Lando Norris.

I think because he's had such a good start to his F1 career, basically smashing Saturday qualifying and outperforming his Williams car it's to be expected that he's a bit over confident. Will be interested to see how he adapts to a car that he's literally expected to put in P2 at the very worst each weekend.

I wonder if that will be the case with new regulations. Imagine Williams nailing the design and leading the field, while Mercedes struggle in midfield xD

40 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not sure if you read my response to Rondon on the should Masi be sacked thread. Regarding the future rivalry, I said that I see Russell as someone who won't back down to Max as he's young, eager and seems a bit of a jumped up tart. The way he stood over Bottas after that crash shows he has some front on him.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Not sure if you read my response to Rondon on the should Masi be sacked thread. Regarding the future rivalry, I said that I see Russell as someone who won't back down to Max as he's young, eager and seems a bit of a jumped up tart. The way he stood over Bottas after that crash shows he has some front on him.

Yeah, I could see that happening. I think Max, Russell, Leclerc and maybe Norris all have that winner mentality that makes champions (and that makes them look and act like cunts sometimes). Could be a great era for F1 if they're in competitive cars for years to come.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, I could see that happening. I think Max, Russell, Leclerc and maybe Norris all have that winner mentality that makes champions (and that makes them look and act like cunts sometimes). Could be a great era for F1 if they're in competitive cars for years to come.

Imagine Merc, McLaren, Ferrari and RB being close? Won't just be teams vs teams but also inter-teams rivalry.

Another thing, write off Ricciardo at your peril. If the car is good, don't rule the cutey out.

Archived