talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Preview Thread

football forum

• Subscriber

It's a treat to be honest that they've unveiled a real car because now we'll get some decent technical analysis from Mark Hughes and co. I had no expectations for the Red Bull launch but I had a funny feeling Aston Martin would give us something to chew over for a few days :x.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, MUFC said:

The new cars aside, what are you hoping to see from pre-season testing? 

A team nobody expected nailing the new regs. 

The AMR21 and AMR22 out on track today. The new car looks so much more beautiful. 

yyful7je87h81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

fygyx7je87h81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Makes last years car look like it's 10 years old already. 

2 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

This content suggests to me that the rumours of Mercedes returning to silver livery this season may not be true.

Young Russell has turned to the dark side. He looks like such a villain in that overall. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Look at the differences of the three revealed (real) cars so far. 

gert20p9a9h81.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=

Aston Martin severly different and bulkier than the other too. 

I'm sure all of them will look very different once the testing starts, but the basic shape will probably stay, and regardless, I simply love that we're already seeing different, unique designs. In a few season's under these regulations the differences will surely more or less disappear again, but it's so good to see teams coming up with different approaches and concepts.

• Subscriber

McLaren another quite refreshing design with some new elements. Two out of four, that isn't bad.

Mercedes dropped another teaser earlier.

So there's still the silver/black question for them. I fancy Ferrari for a bit of a tweak to their livery too and then you've got Alpine with their new sponsor. I know the liveries mean nothing but I'm a nerd for the sport so I'll take what I can get.

The technical differences are interesting as well, especially fundamental design difference like the body of the Aston Martin compared to the other two. Design choices that fundamental could see big discrepancies in performance between the teams that they might not be able to claw back until the following year. Normally one of these "concepts" becomes the accepted "meta" and sets the template for the most competitive cars for the next era of the sport.

I need to catch up on some of Craig Scarborough and Mark Hughes' analysis over the next couple of days because there's clearly quite a bit to pick apart.

Williams FW44. 

274007693_5405660772831199_8158856575369

273945962_5405660716164538_6648618497015

273945171_5405660989497844_4843881067989

Only a livery reveal apparently. 

Edit before I make another post and look like a complete lunatic who is talking to himself:

Here's the actual FW44 on track.

FLpddW9X0AEg3Hm?format=jpg&name=large

FLpddXxXIAkttai?format=jpg&name=large

I love that shade of blue. Also the shape of that nose looks very 90's. That airbox is massive though. :o 

Archived