talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Preview Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

They're the same engine, unless I'm completely wrong. I was hoping @nudge or @RondónEFC would reply, but I didn't want to leave you hanging. xD

You're not wrong. FIA require engine suppliers to provide same spec engines + engine mappings to the customer teams.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

You're not wrong. FIA require engine suppliers to provide same spec engines + engine mappings to the customer teams.

Thank fuck I'm not a complete dumbass sometimes. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Seeing it rumoured in quite a few places now that the upgraded Mercedes could be up to a second faster than the car they brought to the previous test.

• Subscriber

The rumours about the Mercedes sidepod were true. Whether the rumours about gaining a second or more a lap are also true, we'll find out soon. I wouldn't be surprised as things stand.

F1 is back.

• Subscriber

I wonder what the implication is here, whether the powers that be are happy with it or not.

Call me a cynic, but I feel as though the reaction might be different as the team that's already dominated the last decade of the sport have found a loophole like this, to what it might be if any other team had managed it.

• Subscriber

Haas' request to be allowed testing on Sunday has been rejected, they have been given permission to run further into the evening across the three days this week though.

Archived