talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Netflix 2022)

football forum

Average sums it up. Fun watch though albeit predictable at the end. Assuming more films are in the works?

Seems after the success of Halloween (2018) this is becoming a bit of a cash cow genre, with Scream and now TCM following suit. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/02/2022 at 04:26, Cicero said:

Average sums it up. Fun watch though albeit predictable at the end. Assuming more films are in the works?

Seems after the success of Halloween (2018) this is becoming a bit of a cash cow genre, with Scream and now TCM following suit. 

For some reason I decided to watch it again. I think if you just except this is just a dumb sequel it is more enjoyable. Sometimes it's fun just to sit down and watch a dumb shit film. 

Absolute tripe. And that's putting it kindly, which seems to sadly be the going rate for Netflix original films from what I've seen.

I'm really confused these days as to whether this genre of films (slashy horror) are meant to go down the scare route or the comic one because in the end, this doesn't achieve either.

Ending was the most predictable thing ever. I told my wife what would happen after they seemingly killed him, and I was 99% right. 

Also, isn’t leatherface supposed to be Phil's bald head? Since when is he calculated and cunning ala Michael Myers? 

Wow. That edit literally made me spit out my tea. 

23 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Absolute tripe. And that's putting it kindly, which seems to sadly be the going rate for Netflix original films from what I've seen.

I'm really confused these days as to whether this genre of films (slashy horror) are meant to go down the scare route or the comic one because in the end, this doesn't achieve either.

Surprised people are watching it to be honest... or at least anyone that is familiar with the other efforts previously, I totally skipped watching this one, just another rehash of silliness... Also your comment about the quality of the films on offer, they seem to be going downhill in my opinion and just churning out one bit of uninteresting crap after another... everything seems to be in a rush with little to no thought about content... 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Surprised people are watching it to be honest... or at least anyone that is familiar with the other efforts previously, I totally skipped watching this one, just another rehash of silliness... Also your comment about the quality of the films on offer, they seem to be going downhill in my opinion and just churning out one bit of uninteresting crap after another... everything seems to be in a rush with little to no thought about content... 

Couldn't agree more.

These Netflix films put too much emphasis on whose starring as opposed to actual plot (bar Texas Chainsaw Massacre that had zero stars)

Or as we like to say more eloquantly, all fart, no poo.

On 23/02/2022 at 19:19, Cicero said:

It was directed well. Visually very good too, but that couldn’t save the ridiculous writing. 

Balances out to average in my books. Being kind here. 

Some of the things I thought were odd were.

The ages. Wouldn't leatherface be at least 70 now? I mean i suppose its possible he could have been a teenager in the original (I know he wasn't but I mean as an argument to make it make sence.)

But even then he would be in his 60s at least.

Also he seemed to have super human strength. Not even sure If the worlds strongest man could break a hand like that 

• Administrator
On 18/02/2022 at 14:19, Rick said:

Just finished this. It was average. 

On 23/02/2022 at 17:59, Lucas said:

Agree pretty much with all. 

Average is being generous I think. 

Watched it with the missus and explained how the older classic horrors are so much more authentic and raw and the horror these days aren't a patch on it. 

@Lucas definitely agree with your last bit. Maybe it's because there are so many out there so we're more aware of what goes on, therefore desensitised to the real jumpy horror nature we love. But then again, Scary Movie would be proud of this latest TCM. I was disappointed in it really.

To be honest, I wouldn't even call it a fun watch. There was almost far too much predictability around it. Leatherface jumping out the water, pretty much every way each person got killed. The only thing not predictable in some way is how Hardesty stayed alive despite have her guts and insides obliterated xD

I think certain genres have times when they are at their best. I would imagine this is a good time for superheroes films for example.  However I dont think this is the best time for horror films. I dont think its the worst I think the pre 1970 stuff wasn't that good. However I think the 70s and 80s were probably the best times. There were still plenty of bad horror films then and there are still good ones now but in general I think the best horrors are from that period 

@Stan I thought it was a fun watch the second time in saw it. First time I took it to seriously second time I just thought this is a shit film and dont take the ridiculous plot holes seriously 😂  To be honest horror films in general dont tend to make much sense. I mean if there is a killer around and you live in america grab load if guns and stay together. Dont go somewhere alone with  nothing to defend yourself with 😂

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think certain genres have times when they are at their best. I would imagine this is a good time for superheroes films for example.  However I dont think this is the best time for horror films. I dont think its the worst I think the pre 1970 stuff wasn't that good. However I think the 70s and 80s were probably the best times. There were still plenty of bad horror films then and there are still good ones now but in general I think the best horrors are from that period 

You're so fucking wrong.

Go watch Hereditary. 

Last 30 minutes was predictable, give it a generous 6.8/10.

I did have the 2003 texas chainsaw massacre on dvd but cant find it now. Might be at my parents house will have a look 

• 2 weeks later...

@Cicero  I bought the texas chainsaw massacre 2003 today. I liked it at the time so will see what I think now. It didn't receive great reviews from fans or critics I dont think but like I said in the other thread media is largely subjective so who cares 

Archived