talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 3-2 Tottenham - Saturday 12th March, 2022

football forum

1 minute ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Quite a turn around from that early season loss at Brentford. Before many others had struggled with the Bees. Arteta didn't seem popular with Arsenal fans & everyone else was tipping Arsenal to struggle, to some extent. Yet it would seem a shock to me if they don't get top 4 now. From this position. Whoever the games in hand are against.

To be fair we had a ridiculous amount of injuries. Arteta has been given alot more time that a lot of managers get. I think that is a good thing though because I'm pretty certain there has been research into these things and a lot of the time changing the manager doesnt make much difference long term so I think it is better to give them enough time to make things better. Unless they are doing really bad of course. As I said before I do think unless we get a really good manager it would  be hard to do better than we are doing.  Liverpool Chelsea and man city all have world class managers. Arguably the two best in the world. Man utd have the most expensive squad in the league, spurs have a world class manager. So I think arteta is doing a better job than some think when you take into account what he is up against. I'm not saying hes a world class manager but I think he has developed into a good manager in a short space of time 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we still in CL race? Yes, strictly by virtue that that all of the other teams are at about the same level as us (putting neutral hat on for a second, I credit Arsenal for their start to the calendar year but still feel a couple of bad results could hit them) and that we have two or three legitimately game-changing players who can pull our arse out the fire at any given time. This and being five points off United but with two in hand.

However, that kind of appalling game management is just staggering. United barely played, I'm not sure where their players misplaced arrogance after the game comes through because we were literally simply beaten by Ronaldo, nobody else offered anything. We controlled the game and yes, our passing and final product was dire in the last third. It's not that that bothers me so much, every team has an off-day in that department but the only times we actually sat back and chilled out was when we equalized. Conte was screaming "focus" on the touchline but obviously nobody listened. A team with a mentality of winners would have gone straight for the kill immediately after equalizing and would not have let United up at all.

Taking Kulusevski off for Lucas and not Son was absolutely staggering. About the fifth time he fell over, even neutrals were probably screaming "change your studs!". 

• The title was changed to Man Utd 3-2 Tottenham - Saturday 12th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned
12 hours ago, Storts said:

Today? We were fine. Good in spells. Better than United. Poor result 

That’s been Arsenal in spells for so long. Decent football but lacking in consistency of results with added competitiveness so as to contend for something of substance and not just an also-ran divisional position.

You did hit the nail on the head with one of your comments though. “Mentality”... Mentality is so important, natural winners. Obviously there’s confidence too which gives you results even when you’re not at your best. 

12 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@SirBalon what I meant is that if we win tomorrow we have a good chance of eliminating spurs as a  top 4 rival. It wasnt about them in particular. 

It could still be very hard though. We have spurs and Chelsea away,  utd and liverpool at home. I think we have west ham away as well. Still a lot to do. 

Yeah, we have a very difficult run of games coming. But that’s football at this level and one of the handicaps of having games in hand. Observing a table where a team has played less games and is still in contention always looks extremely promising, but we always forget that those games have to be played and won in a short spell of time when it arrives.

16 hours ago, Waylander said:

Has Ronaldo turned a corner or just a flash in the pan?

Whatever, cracking goals.

Don't think so. The last few months speak for themselves. Getting a rest last week was probably good for both his body and mind. He can do a few things with fresh legs.

Might have been one of the last hat tricks of his career, but for now watch him score a couple against Atletico.

7 hours ago, Machado said:

Don't think so. The last few months speak for themselves. Getting a rest last week was probably good for both his body and mind. He can do a few things with fresh legs.

Might have been one of the last hat tricks of his career, but for now watch him score a couple against Atletico.

Any pics?

Archived